BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yeah unfortunately the game’s already up for us. Mowbray will conjure up a formation never seen by the human eye before and we’ll get beat by 2/3 today. Forest, Boro Huddersfield and Sheff Utd all too good for us now.

Game was over in January when we didn’t sign a goalscorer and started the 100% inevitable Mowbray death spiral. Another 2 or 3 matches to go and then we’ll start picking up some wins, he’ll get a new contract and it’ll be rinse and repeat next season. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forest will go up this time. 

That's because they've got a good manager who can organise average players.

We'll never go up with this clown in charge.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Game was over in January when we didn’t sign a goalscorer and started the 100% inevitable Mowbray death spiral. Another 2 or 3 matches to go and then we’ll start picking up some wins, he’ll get a new contract and it’ll be rinse and repeat next season. 

The bolded part is 110% what will happen and we’ll fall just short. I honestly have zero doubt about it. BBD will start scoring, Mowbray will select players in their correct positions, and we’ll resemble a football team again. Cue the social media sheep eulogising over our end to the season, lamenting how if BBD had been fit we’d have gone up, and begging for Mowbray to get another crack next season. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

"Just one win in six"... between 29th Jan - 12th March we won 1 in 9. Even today we're still sitting at just 2 wins in 12.

Yet there would be utter outrage in the press if Mowbray were to get the can, laying into us ‘nasty’ fans for our role in it. All fine and dandy when it happens at other clubs for much less, though.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yet there would be utter outrage in the press if Mowbray were to get the can, laying into us ‘nasty’ fans for our role in it. All fine and dandy when it happens at other clubs for much less, though.

Would there? I think you overstate how much the general media would care.

• Like 1

games that are being play in the next week that affect Rovers's playoff hopes. 

Tuesday night

Sheffield United vs QPR

Peterborough vs Luton

Wednesday night

Boro vs Fulham

Forest vs Coventry

Saturday

Sheffield United vs Bournemouth 12.45pm 

Boro vs Hull

Forest vs Birmingham

Preston vs QPR#

Sunday

Fulham vs Coventry

Monday night

Huddersfield vs Luton

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Would there? I think you overstate how much the general media would care.

Mowbray consistently gets favourable coverage - whenever we're on SKY, rather than calling him out as a moron, they simply say we're having a poor run of form, but he's a good manager. 

Our card was marked with the Kean protests ("how dare little old Rovers complain about the treatment of their club - they should be grateful anyone wants to own / manage them") - and quite frankly that's why I don't bat an eyelid when teams go under. I hope Derby are next - the football community turned their backs on us that day and I feel nothing for any of them now. 

• Like 4

games over Easter 

Good Friday

Luton vs Forest 12.30pm Live on Sky

Birmingham vs Coventry 3pm

Bournemouth vs Boro 3pm live on Sky

Sheffield United vs Reading 3pm

Huddersfield vs QPR 5.30pm live on sky

Easter Monday

Boro vs Huddersfield 12.30 pm Live on SKy

Cardiff vs Luton 3pm

Coventry vs Bournemouth 3pm

QPR vs Derby 3pm

Bristol City vs Sheffield united 5.30 pm live on Sky

Forest vs WBA 8pm kick off live on sky

It's truly mind blowing that on 24th January we were stood in 2nd - granted, Bournemouth had a game in hand, but we were 3 points ahead. Barely over a month later and we were clinging onto a playoff spot having just lost to Fulham, with multiple teams below us in the equivalent position - in relation to us - to Bournemouth 5 weeks earlier. We're all(?) in unanimous agreement over Mowbray's responsibility having overseen this complete capitulation, but to see how much damage was done in such a short time is indefensible. 

• Like 8

I don’t know whether this had already been asked so I apologise if it has, but how does the present second half of the season compare with 91/92 when we went up with Dalgleish?

I seem to recall that we were coasting the league had some bad injuries such as David Speedy and then our form just fell away and we fell out of the playoffs. When the injured players returned our form bounced back and we just about made the playoffs and ultimately promotion. 

I mention this as history seems to be repeating itself. Could we yet see a resurge in form with Dack and Diaz back and get promoted?

Maybe all is not yet lost, remember Rovers always like to do things dramatically!!

11 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I don’t know whether this had already been asked so I apologise if it has, but how does the present second half of the season compare with 91/92 when we went up with Dalgleish?

I seem to recall that we were coasting the league had some bad injuries such as David Speedy and then our form just fell away and we fell out of the playoffs. When the injured players returned our form bounced back and we just about made the playoffs and ultimately promotion. 

I mention this as history seems to be repeating itself. Could we yet see a resurge in form with Dack and Diaz back and get promoted?

Maybe all is not yet lost, remember Rovers always like to do things dramatically!!

Whilst parallels can be drawn , I wouldn’t hold your breath for the same outcome.

The difference, for me, is that squad was oozing with talent and the club was well run and ambitious. 
The sudden tailspin was a surprise, but we had the tools to complete the job in the end.

Roll forward thirty years and I think the biggest surprise this season is that we ever found ourselves in such a lofty position.

We have some good young players, but the club is poorly run, lacks ambition, (eg the January Window), and the manager suffers from delusions of grandeur.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

The six loses in a row gets all the headlines but we finished the season’s last 16 games W3 D5 L8, while our last 16 to date has been W4 D5 L7, so, results-wise, entirely comparable.