BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

11 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Repating myself and a few others but it's criminal that we are where we are. Injuries have had an impact but they're no excuse. For me the key impacts are as follows

1. Mowbray actively choosing not to bring in a striker in January. I'm sure he's too stubborn not to admit to his mistake, but it's the biggest of the lot. 

2. The signing of Giles. He's looks a good footballer but it's played into the Mowbray handbook of cocking things up. As competition for Pickering an excellent addition. But seeing him line up in attack time and again has had a huge negative impact. It again points to stubbornness and favoritism that it keeps happening. Pickering is clearly one of Mowbrays boys. And Giles his recent signing. They both play the same position yet he wants both in the team. 

3. Diaz injury. It's unfortunate, but we put all our eggs in one basket by not signing a striker. 

4. The persistent use as Buckley as a false 9 and Gallagher out wide. I like Buckley. A lot. I think he's one of the best our academy has produced in a long time. But he couldn't finish his dinner. I'm certain he wasn't a false 9 in our excellent run. He took up the most advanced central position where we were out of possession as he's a good presser. But it was more fluid. As times gone on he's become more advanced and less effective. It pushes Gallagher wider which makes me want to cry.

5. Khadra missing the pen against Sheffield United. That coupled with their last minute winner. Dacky then doing the same against Bristol. As much as we've been poor. There are games in this run that we've dominated, deserved 3 points from and not seen it over the line. Some key moments have gone against us. That's on the players losing their composure. There has been an element of bad luck too. Mowbray has made baffling decisions in this run in. But he's definitely not been a lucky manager in the last few months either. 

6. Post Derby mess. It seems apparent the players took over at half time against Derby. Johnson publicly ridiculed Mowbrays tactics. Wholesale changes and the manager sulked on the touchline as we turned it around. They are a young team but I do think there's some real leaders. Lenihan, Van Hecke, Dacky, Brereton. I genuinely believe after the Derby match just letting the players go and run things would have seen a surge. Mowbray has talked about letting players manage the dressing room before. That's all he needed to do. No tinkering, keep it simple. Speak to a few of those leaders and follow what they felt was needed. Instead he made himself the most important man in the club by imposing his peculiar tactics on the group in the very next game after they had dug us out a hole. What could be more demoralising and halt momentum. 

Those are some of the key moments for me. There are others and the odd decisions have just continued. There's been bad luck at times. But the manager has really cocked this up. There's still a chance. We're just outside the playoffs and the thing that brings me hope is our 2 goalscorers being back in Diaz and Dacky. But I don't have much hope because I think the man in the dugout is stubborn, an over thinker and overstates his own importance. Sometimes a good manager has to grab a team by the scruff of the neck and drive it in a certain direction. But they also need to know when to stand back and let the talent around them step forward. Ours doesn't recognise this.

Good post.

To point 1. Mowbray brought in Markanday(sp?) from Spurs who promptly did his knee. How would he have done?

6 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I think you will be right unfortunately , I forsee another Yeovil game , when Bowyer was manager ..

I know what you mean!

The problem we have is that Blackpool are better than Yeovil ever were.

I fancy Blackpool to score at least one so we need at least 2 to win. That's when it starts to get iffy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Weekend fixtures

Sheffield United vs Bournemouth

Boro vs Hull

Forest vs Birmingham

Preston vs QPR

Fulham vs Coventry Sunday 3pm

Huddersfield vs Luton Monday 7.45pm

Sheff Utd pick up a draw. Would have preferred them to lose, obviously. I expect…

Boro 3 pts

Forest 3 pts

QPR 1 pt

Fulham 3 pts

Hudds and Luton… best for us it’s a 0-0? 

53 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The one positive from this season may yet be Forest sneaking automatics over Bournemouth. Tough ask but they’re looking unstoppable.

That would be quite magnificent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J*B said:

Sheff Utd pick up a draw. Would have preferred them to lose, obviously. I expect…

Boro 3 pts

Forest 3 pts

QPR 1 pt

Fulham 3 pts

Hudds and Luton… best for us it’s a 0-0? 

Boro lost to Hull and QPR lost also

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The one positive from this season may yet be Forest sneaking automatics over Bournemouth. Tough ask but they’re looking unstoppable.

Shows the great job Cooper is doing there and the work he done in turning them around. We need this sort of good appointment in the summer to replace Mowbray. 

also shows how poor Hughton was there

• Like 1

Hudds v Luton tonight but can't decide who I want to win or whether a draw would be best.

Remaining games after tonight for each are:

Hudds - QPR(h), Middbr'gh(a), Barnsley(h), Cov(a), Bristol(h)

Luton - Forest(h), Cardiff(a), B'pool(h), Fulham(a), Reading(h)

9 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Hudds v Luton tonight but can't decide who I want to win or whether a draw would be best.

Remaining games after tonight for each are:

Hudds - QPR(h), Middbr'gh(a), Barnsley(h), Cov(a), Bristol(h)

Luton - Forest(h), Cardiff(a), B'pool(h), Fulham(a), Reading(h)

I want Luton, Sheff Utd and Boro all to lose, whenever they play.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, roverandout said:

That probably puts Huddersfield and forest out of reach now. So it's only two places up for grabs. From being secure in the playoff positions, the window of opportunities is getting smaller 

At least we still have a window.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roverandout said:

That probably puts Huddersfield and forest out of reach now. So it's only two places up for grabs. From being secure in the playoff positions, the window of opportunities is getting smaller 

We've been donkey since January.

Some of you on here are clearly perpetual optimists. I envy you - I gave up in February when it was clear as day we were in a nose dive. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloody hell, how are Huddersfield 3rd? They're crap. 

This league is terrible. 

The very reason I havent totally given up as yet.

Come 5 pm Friday we may be back in a playoff position.

OK probably temporary heading for a final position of 8th or maybe 7th.

But is is a crap league, Huddersfield only a little better than an awful Luton, so strange things will still happen.

My overriding concern is how much Mowbray wants it and what sort of team he will puit out to achieve HIS objectives.