BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I'm hearing that there will also be a relatively significant (or insignificant, depending on your view of their role) departure within the next few weeks.

Yes they are leaving, however their words paint a troubled picture both at Ewood and the STC 🤨

Edited by JWU-Andy

On 26/07/2021 at 09:08, JWU-Andy said:

I'm hearing that there will also be a relatively significant (or insignificant, depending on your view of their role) within the next few weeks.

Yes they are leaving, however their words paint a troubled picture both at Ewood and the STC 🤨

A change? Is Mowbray off?

I'm hearing that there will also be a relatively significant (or insignificant, depending on your view of their role) within the next few weeks.

Take it you missed the word "departure" out of your post?

Reading between the lines of what you say, Waggott or Cheston?

On 26/07/2021 at 10:02, RevidgeBlue said:

Take it you missed the word "departure" out of your post?

Reading between the lines of what you say, Waggott or Cheston?

thanks for letting me know about the typo... alas no, although they have all been very quiet of late.

Btw, I'm not getting into the guessing game and won't be making any further comment although know of at least one other person on here know's their identity ... if my information is wrong (which I very much doubt) I'm going to have some egg on my face.

I've never been so unenthused for a new season, but Billy Barr leaving surely isn't that much of a surprise? Nor does it show 'all is not well' behind the scenes...

He's an u23 manager who is being given the chance, albeit at a lower level, to work in first-team football. Something most coaches normally strive for.

On 26/07/2021 at 11:02, bringdunnback said:

I've never been so unenthused for a new season, but Billy Barr leaving surely isn't that much of a surprise? Nor does it show 'all is not well' behind the scenes...

He's an u23 manager who is being given the chance, albeit at a lower level, to work in first-team football. Something most coaches normally strive for.

In isolation, I'd be inclined to agree with you however when 3 senior members of staff from the Academy and STC are leaving and set to leave within the next couple of weeks, maybe there is something more to it than initially meets the eye.

There may of course be a perfectly reasonable explanation for them all, however with the club in the bit of a negative tailspin it is human nature that people will look for the worst, or an angle at least.

• Like 2

Head of recruitment, fitness instructor, U23s manager, groundsman.

All within weeks of each other and all decent at their jobs by all accounts, also all seem to be heading downwards so they haven't been poached by looks of it.

This isn't good at all the replacements if there are any will probably follow some dot joining paths.

I really hope this isn't Waggot and Mowbray deflecting blame for their under achieving and getting their own way....again.

I'm hearing that there will also be a relatively significant (or insignificant, depending on your view of their role) departure within the next few weeks.

Their words? Does that mean they're expected to spill the beans a bit on the way out?

A natural reaction to being criticised or to be accused of failure, is to blame other people. It's called not being accountable.

This could be Maggott/Mowbray blaming others for their own failures, who in turn are walking away.

'Sorry Madam. We failed last season because the pitch our groundsman laid was crap; our players weren't fit enough because the fitness coach didn't train them properly; our recruitment team didn't find good enough players...

Well get rid of them for you.'

• Like 1

On 26/07/2021 at 11:32, bluebruce said:

Their words? Does that mean they're expected to spill the beans a bit on the way out?

I very much doubt - the football industry is quite a small circle of people and any prospective new employer wouldn't look to kindly on them going public on their previous club.

It's not a good look publicly berating your previous employer, if you want to get a similar job within the same industry whether that be football or any other industry for that matter. 🙂

• Like 2

On 26/07/2021 at 11:21, tomphil said:

All within weeks of each other and all decent at their jobs by all accounts, also all seem to be heading downwards so they haven't been poached by looks of it.

This isn't good at all the replacements if there are any will probably follow some dot joining paths.

I really hope this isn't Waggot and Mowbray deflecting blame for their under achieving and getting their own way....again.

We had a fitness instructor?!?! 😮😮

• Like 4

On 26/07/2021 at 11:21, tomphil said:

Who’s the groundsman that’s left?

On 26/07/2021 at 11:43, JWU-Andy said:

I very much doubt - the football industry is quite a small circle of people and any prospective new employer wouldn't look to kindly on them going public on their previous club.

It's not a good look publicly berating your previous employer, if you want to get a similar job within the same industry whether that be football or any other industry for that matter. 🙂

Then what did you mean when you said their words paint a picture? Their words to you/what you've heard they've said?

• Like 1

For me, all of these departures point towards the resurrection of the training ground sale by the Cov Shitehouses.

The STC? No-one works there anymore, no point having it.

There's no way they are walking away from this deal.

• Like 2

Damian Johnson