BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough away 28th August

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

No idea if he’s better than Buckley or Dolan but they are rovers players this guy is a leeds United player. Loan players are like running on a treadmill they get us nowhere, he might be good or terrible but he’ll be off next season or sooner and it’s done nothing for rovers. 

You can guarantee we won't go down?

Take loan player Elliots goals and assists out of the side last season and we could have been playing in league one today.Similar with Harwood Bellis the defence improved when he came in.

There are plenty of games and our young players who are good enough will still see plenty of minutes this season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It does matter he is on loan , of course it does because wont be here next year but buckley and dolan will be

Illogical. You play your best 11 and try to win games. Most if not all teams use the loan market. 

Is Clarkson better than Buckley? His career to date would suggest yes. Same for Poveda and Dolan. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I wouldn’t be concerning yourself with the playoff places! 

I’m not, I’m just saying the primary reason of getting loaners is if we’ve got everybody else in place, a couple of key loaners are there to give us solid depth & get us over the top. 

Sadly, I see our club as a 15th-18th place outfit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

This Poveda better be bloody good. I can't take another tiny man in the middle with two huge strikers out wide, nor Dolan being held back for a second year to develop some other club's youngster, if it's not the case.

I think we also need to forget about Brereton being a CF. Hes a winger now. Although be interesting to see under a new manager. We are all well and truly Mowbrayed at this stage! 

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

This Poveda better be bloody good. I can't take another tiny man in the middle with two huge strikers out wide, nor Dolan being held back for a second year to develop some other club's youngster, if it's not the case.

I don't need to watch him today to know he's light years ahead of Dolan.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think we also need to forget about Brereton being a CF. Hes a winger now. Although be interesting to see under a new manager. We are all well and truly Mowbrayed at this stage! 

It's not Brereton wide that bothers me really. I actually don't think he is too bad there, though would probably be better in the middle. It's Gallagher. Probably need to forget about that happening too but it just doesn't make sense to put him wide and never will.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't need to watch him today to know he's light years ahead of Dolan.  

Basically you haven't seen him and have decided he is better than a player you don't like. Thanks for that contribution.

• Like 3