BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough away 28th August

Boro are a club I despise as bad as Birmingham, they think or did think they were big shots in football when in all reality they are a pokey grubby club just like Birmingham with little or no history just a team from smoggie land with little hope but who have a sugar daddy in Steve Gibson.

Been to Boro a number of times, both at the new and old stadium and luckily for me I have never witnessed a Rovers defeat when doing so.

I wont be going so that ends that little scenario.

Think Rovers will struggle again here, as bad as Boro can be or as good as they may claim can be.

At best 1-1 at worst 1-0 Boro

"Not-everyone's-cup-of-tea" etc, but I've always quite liked Neil Warnock. Would've suited us down to the ground in the summer that we went for Coyle.

Especially love the roasting he gave his Huddersfield team in one of those fly on the wall documentaries that used to be popular. "You're in f**king Latvia!". Lovely stuff.

Anyway, very pleased that we've got Ayala fit for our visit this season. Backing us for our first clean sheet in what seems like years. 0-2 Rovers.

• Like 2

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Never found the Riverside remotely intimidating although they can make a din when they are in the mood, same as anywhere really though. Ayresome was a different kettle of fish but it was a different era to be fair.

Nothing against Boro as a club there are similarities and playing them regularly has been a staple of my Rovers supporting life. They have good ownership that will probably guide them back up at some point. Can't stand Warnock but i would've carried him here on my back instead of Coyle.

I think he'll fancy this one and have them revved up to get stuck in quickly to our young side and look to expose the weak points. It's a very tricky game as always and should be a close one.

It is another one we can pinch though if the attitude is right and the luck isn't against us.

Boro   1     Rovers   2

never been to the riverside,had the misfortune to visit ayresome park which was falling to bits and we got herded into a windy corner,middlesborough is a miserable place,grey,drab even in summer with people who look like they rarely see daylight,the whole area still appears to be in ww2,on the match,the old fox warnock will be to smart for mowbray and our approach will be blunted,having said that,i don`t think they have much in attack so i`ll for a 0-0 boredraw

i was hoping to go but apparently the club coach travel is booked up,which i find hard to believe as i went to the ticket office first thing monday morning,sold out with 5 days left????????????

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's almost like people are being discouraged to travel and will have to pay to watch it on screen instead......😉

Seriously though how many coaches do they run ?

Is this available to watch anywhere? (Paid, I mean. I don’t want J*B getting fined)

Edited by booth

Looking forward to ticking off one that I've never done. Can't help but love Neil Warnock personally. I think we'll be really in for it. He holds a grudge and we really ticked them off last year. Scraped a 1-0 win and the whole Branthwaite/Dael Fry incident only made it more hostile. NW will send them out on the hunt for revenge me thinks.

Won't be able to handle the physicality. Hopefully another player through the door before Saturday but we'll see.

Middlesbrough 2-1 Rovers

16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

never been to the riverside,had the misfortune to visit ayresome park which was falling to bits and we got herded into a windy corner,middlesborough is a miserable place,grey,drab even in summer with people who look like they rarely see daylight,the whole area still appears to be in ww2,on the match,the old fox warnock will be to smart for mowbray and our approach will be blunted,having said that,i don`t think they have much in attack so i`ll for a 0-0 boredraw

i was hoping to go but apparently the club coach travel is booked up,which i find hard to believe as i went to the ticket office first thing monday morning,sold out with 5 days left????????????

I got a space this morning

I'm expecting a narrow defeat here. Middlesbrough have had a bit of a sticky start to the season. A good draw at Fulham, narrow win at home v Bristol City, narrow defeat at home v QPR and a draw at Derby. Not a great start but solid.

We seem to have had the better of Warnock over the last few years. I remember us beating his Rotherham side at their place last game of the season, then when he was Cardiff manager we seemed to do ok against them, often drawing, then last year we picked up 4 points against his Middlesbrough side.

Expect a low scoring affair. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Quite looking forward to this one but that's more to do with having a day out, a nice drive and seeing friends rather than visiting the Riverside or watching Rovers, neither of which I find particularly enjoyable these days.

Middlesbrough is just an in between kind of place that a lot of fans just give a miss. 

Not exactly local, so you don’t get the kind of fans that would go to a game in Lancs or somewhere like Huddersfield and it’s not a weekend trip type like Newcastle. Or a southern venue where you have a good number of Rovers exiles living. Ergo we just don’t take many (especially at £30).

Edited by Mattyblue

Hello from Boro's Fly Me To The Moon fanzine and website fmttmboro.com - you are all invited down to our pre-match venue before the game on Saturday. The venue is called Base Camp and the actual social events take their name from the much missed Ali Brownlee, a well-loved Boro commentator and voice that some of you may recall. Base Camp in Exchange Place 5 mins walk from the main railway station. The fanzine has made its matchday home there and would like to welcome Blackburn fans to a family-friendly and football atmosphere. Outside and inside.

Look out for a big tribute to your manager and Boro legend, Tony Mowbray. Our fanzine was named in his honour back in the 1980s and we will be paying tribute before the match with a slide show and a few little archive films of the man we know as Mogga.

Open Sat 12-2pm & we are collecting for Middlesbrough Food Bank. Please donate what you can We’ll also have a Choir, board games & tuck shop for the kids & beer, butties & banter for the grown ups.

Hope you will all drop down. 

https://basecampboro.co.uk/2018/01/01/alis-bar/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think we will struggle with the physicality of this boro side and go down 2-0. Hope I’m wrong, usually am so fingers crossed . COYB

We got really bullied at the back by them last year. However  they were pretty direct so if Ayala and Lenihan are both fit we are well equipped to manage a direct approach. 

Where we will struggle is in the physical midfield battle. Only really Travis can mix it. But I think they'll probably bypass midfield so will be less of an issue at Boro than it was against WBA. 

Team for me.... I would start 352 personally. 

Kaminski

Lenihan    Ayala    Carter

Nyambe   Buckley  Travis   Rothwell   Pickering

Gallagher    Brereton

Overall I can live with that XI except would much prefer a new signing to Gallagher and having JRC at RWB would be much more effective imo as he has the delivery which Nyambe lacks. Having him and Pickering would give us a good delivery from both flanks and decent creativity in the middle from Buckely and Rothwell. Also Gallagher looks much better in a two.

Given the injuries and that we aren't going to get a striker by Saturday I guess I would persevere with Gallagher, and get Nyambe to hold the line in midfield and give Buckely licence to get down the right. 

All that said I am expecting Mowbray to stick with his bizarre false nine 433 thing. 

Kaminski

Nyambe/Carter    Lenihan    Ayala    Pickering

Buckley  Travis   Rothwell  

Gallagher    Clarkson   Brereton

Genuinely think there is not a manager in world football who would choose that front three with our squad. He really is an outlier in how he sets up a forward line. It feels like some mad experiment, but it's one he will always play if given the chance.

Edited by joey_big_nose