BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do people think there is a chance of postponement, looking at the forecast especially on the day and the history of postponements at Bloomfield Road?

We can only hope so...if our back line looks the way we finished on Tuesday.  Maybe we should break in and turn the sprinklers on for them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

When's this Brighton defender we loaned supposed to be fit?

arrived at brockhall today after rehab at brighton apparently,it illustrates how amateurish this current set up is,signing an injured player who does`nt belong to you and is`nt going to play till november,unless he`s the reincarnation of franco baresi(which i very much doubt) it`s a pointless transaction

• Like 7

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

arrived at brockhall today after rehab at brighton apparently,it illustrates how amateurish this current set up is,signing an injured player who does`nt belong to you and is`nt going to play till november,unless he`s the reincarnation of franco baresi(which i very much doubt) it`s a pointless transaction

I also find it strange he has stayed at Brighton instead of spending the time getting to know his teammates, attending briefings etc. Wonder if we will now start to hear 'it will take some time for him to get used to the club'...

Since were are certainly to be short bodies, I would have us to line up:

Kaminski

Carter   Johnson    Ayala    Pickering

Travis                    Davenport

Buckley 

Gallagher                          Diaz

Dolan

Johnson did a fine job filling in at CB a few years back and I'd feel more confident with him back there than Magloire.  I'm  not sold on Clarkson, so I'd much rather see Davenport in there.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dont forget guaranteeing him minutes too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I also find it strange he has stayed at Brighton instead of spending the time getting to know his teammates, attending briefings etc. Wonder if we will now start to hear 'it will take some time for him to get used to the club'...

it would be the epitome of our regime for him to available at the same time as wharton and he gets  the nod over our own promising centre back

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it would be the epitome of our regime for him to available at the same time as wharton and he gets  the nod over our own promising centre back

Yup, I pointed out a few weeks ago that he would probably be back round about in time to get in Wharton's way. Think Wharton is probably still a few weeks away though, not heard any updates on him in a while.

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

More like Brighton don't trust our fitness people with their asset. Mowbray should have called it off when he knew he wasn't fit. Too busy arse licking

• Like 5

I would put Pickering at right back and play either Edun or Cirino left back. in a back four. However, I suspect Mowbray will have Carter at RB, with Johnson alongside Ayala, in what would be an extremely slow back line.

I think Mowbray would be foolish to play 3 at the back, as he's struggled to get any kind of performance from it. The way we play it, our three centre backs end up marking one attacker and three forwards dally upfield whilst the two central midfielder get overrun. If we play it with three disciplined central midfielders, could work, I guess.

Edited by riverholmes

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Blackpool (a) - 2/10/21
23 hours ago, m1st said:

I may be able to write verbose Previews; but I'm technologically incompetent which is why @Mike E kindly posted the preview for me.

Are you sure about the re-titling, Herbie6590? I'll be 145 when I write the preview for that game!😉

@Herbie6590

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Hmmmm very tempting isn't it. 16 years old is awfully young for a centre half.

You don't want to break the lad.

Thinking about that lad reece 0xford that West ham started playing at 16 and that didn't really have the best impact 

Doesn't sound like he has fully adjusted to u23 football yet (no shame in that for a 16 year old). One step at a time.

• Like 3

Hey all. A couple of Facebook groups that I am on have got people selling tickets for £100 to £150 above face value. I would like to get a print screen and report to the club. Can anyone recommend the best place to send it. Is anyone else on the groups seeing the same thing?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Hey all. A couple of Facebook groups that I am on have got people selling tickets for £100 to £150 above face value. I would like to get a print screen and report to the club. Can anyone recommend the best place to send it. Is anyone else on the groups seeing the same thing?

Yes one of them is a right cretin. I think many have reported him to various places including the club, trading standards, police. He was trying to sell for 120 quid each or 200 for a pair if i remember correctly.

Both Rothwell and Lenihan may be back for tomorrows game. Nyambe will miss out. 

Johnson takes a place in the squad. 

Kaminski

Carter, Lenihan, Ayala, Pickering

Travis, Rothwell 

Dolan, Buckley, Brereton

Gallagher

This team should do enough. If Lenihan don't make it maybe Johnson can disputise. 

12 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I would put Pickering at right back and play either Edun or Cirino left back. in a back four. However, I suspect Mowbray will have Carter at RB, with Johnson alongside Ayala, in what would be an extremely slow back line.

I think Mowbray would be foolish to play 3 at the back, as he's struggled to get any kind of performance from it. The way we play it, our three centre backs end up marking one attacker and three forwards dally upfield whilst the two central midfielder get overrun. If we play it with three disciplined central midfielders, could work, I guess.

Watched cirino alot at u23s and think he is the right fit for a replacement for Ryan plays very much the same way