BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New 17 games season ticket unveil by BRFC

50 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Great idea by the club lets hope this encourages more supporters back to Ewood

I agree there Pete. Good offer by the club and trying to get the fans back. 

I would have like to see next Saturday home game against Coventry match prices drop to 15 pounds game for all areas and try to get fans back within Ewood Park for this game.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Fair enough to try and get some more  folk back in the tent, as I repeatedly say, our match going fanbase is always heavily reliant on ST holders and they buggered that demographic up royally in the summer and we just ain’t selling decent numbers of walk ons at £30 a pop.

Though a win at Blackpool might have tempted a few more, alas the top 6 bottle job strikes again…

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree there Pete. Good offer by the club and trying to get the fans back. 

I would have like to see next Saturday home game against Coventry match prices drop to 15 pounds game for all areas and try to get fans back within Ewood Park for this game.

November 6th v Sheff Utd all tickets are priced at £14-60 

Finally, as we look forward to celebrating the club’s 146th birthday next month, Rovers will be running a special anniversary ticket promotion for our home game against Sheffield United on Saturday November 6th, with adult tickets priced at just £14.60 throughout the stadium.

The club hopes to attract a bumper crowd to the game, which will also be our annual Diwali and Remembrance Day fixture, as we celebrate our long and illustrious history as one of the most successful town teams in the country.    

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I still think that they've missed a trick with the Preston and Blackpool games.

£32 down to £30 is hardly going to entice many more.

if they reduce the price to £20 for the pne game we`de have a crowd of over 25000,pretty sure north end would sell out the darwen end and we would get more fans in ewood,at least swag seems to be listening on the issue of attendance

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

November 6th v Sheff Utd all tickets are priced at £14-60 

Finally, as we look forward to celebrating the club’s 146th birthday next month, Rovers will be running a special anniversary ticket promotion for our home game against Sheffield United on Saturday November 6th, with adult tickets priced at just £14.60 throughout the stadium.

The club hopes to attract a bumper crowd to the game, which will also be our annual Diwali and Remembrance Day fixture, as we celebrate our long and illustrious history as one of the most successful town teams in the country.    

Should this not read THE most successful town club in the country. Can anyone name a town club with a more illustrious history than Rovers? 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, BlueBro said:

Should this not read THE most successful town club in the country. Can anyone name a town club with a more illustrious history than Rovers? 

Technically, Sunderland was a town when they won 6 League titles and 2 FA Cups.  Going on about us being a town club is meaningless.

• Like 1

Well credit where its due, some decent offerings there.

It does beg the question of where was this kind of imagination pre season though.

I saw us advertising for a new head of marketing (not 100% on the job title but it was marketing related). I wonder if this role has been filled and its that person's first key decision. If so maybe things are looking a bit more promising. Or maybe it's a direct result of Waggott talking to the fans in previous away games.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It does beg the question of where was this kind of imagination pre season though.

I saw us advertising for a new head of marketing (not 100% on the job title but it was marketing related). I wonder if this role has been filled and its that person's first key decision. If so maybe things are looking a bit more promising. Or maybe it's a direct result of Waggott talking to the fans in previous away games.

Yep they should've been doing this from the off instead of hiking the same seat from Swansea to West Brom by 7 quid.

Good to see them doing something but make no mistake it's desperate measures not Waggot suddenly developing a conscience. The guy is clueless and when some of these initiatives only make a modest increase he'll be back to his 'we are doing all we can' cobblers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Roving Mick said:

Technically, Sunderland was a town when they won 6 League titles and 2 FA Cups.  Going on about us being a town club is meaningless.

Hi Mick, I don't think ot is meaningless at all and is something the club should be proudly stating as our USP / badge of honour. Blackburn Rovers the most successful town club in the country........(if not in any of the major leagues in Europe?) 

• Like 3

Says where we are when fairly basic initiatives are met with surprise that they’re able to do the bare minimum.

None of this is anything that anyone on here hasn’t thought of and suggested. But there is an improvement from totally incompetent to the most basic level of competence so long may it continue. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Clearly the influence of new personnel will hopefully shake the club out of its Covid slumber.

Whether circumstances around the furlough of staff, or the delay in appointing new people contributed to the pre-season malaise, is up for debate.

The season ticket package is as generous as can be expected without undercutting full season ticket holders, but the adjustment to walk on prices is one that hopefully will encourage people to attend.

Cue another Mowbray death spiral.

It’s fine making midweeks £20, better than £25-£30, but you still will only get a minimal amount of folk buying, midweeks get low crowds due to the inconvenience, school nights and the red button, not price.

Make a few Saturdays £20 to get folk in the ground.

• Like 1