BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New 17 games season ticket unveil by BRFC

50 minutes ago, Gutted said:

Hi Mick, I don't think ot is meaningless at all and is something the club should be proudly stating as our USP / badge of honour. Blackburn Rovers the most successful town club in the country........(if not in any of the major leagues in Europe?) 

Absolutely. Us fans don't even go on about half as much as most other clubs would.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I still think that they've missed a trick with the Preston and Blackpool games.

£32 down to £30 is hardly going to entice many more.

The pne and blackpool games were both cat A+ so its actually £36 down to £30 effectively. I think that's a good saving, because the cat A+ was a joke and 32 too steep for cat A also.

Sheff u game should be a real bumper crowd, you'd think they'd bring 5k plus at that price.

Radical plans or knee jerk panic as another spiral and injury crisis looms ?

Smart money on the latter if this was part of the sweeping changes it would've been done at the beginning of the season. Look at all the stuff thats gone on and people that have left behind the scenes.  Then the players leaving slashing the wage bill but giving us the lightest least experienced squad we might ever have had.

Then front of house what did we get ?   Price rises and predictably the smallest gates for 30 years.

Clowns the entire bunch there is no planning radical, sweeping or otherwise. Those in upper office just like the manager and coaching staff are winging it.  Making it up as they go along.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Radical plans or knee jerk panic as another spiral and injury crisis looms ?

Smart money on the latter if this was part of the sweeping changes it would've been done at the beginning of the season. Look at all the stuff thats gone on and people that have left behind the scenes.  Then the players leaving slashing the wage bill but giving us the lightest least experienced squad we might ever have had.

Then front of house what did we get ?   Price rises and predictably the smallest gates for 30 years.

Clowns the entire bunch there is no planning radical, sweeping or otherwise. Those in upper office just like the manager and coaching staff are winging it.  Making it up as they go along.

Knee jerk panic it may be but at least they’ve tried to do something about it. I doubt many fans expected the club to address the issue so early on in the season. 

The damage may already be done and for that they deserve criticism but this offer, in isolation, is a welcome step. If the club had done nothing, you’d be criticising them for inaction.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

The pne and blackpool games were both cat A+ so its actually £36 down to £30 effectively. I think that's a good saving, because the cat A+ was a joke and 32 too steep for cat A also.

Sheff u game should be a real bumper crowd, you'd think they'd bring 5k plus at that price.

My mistake, thanks.

£30 for a second division game is still too much IMO.

£30 is just one of those figures that psychologically puts plenty of folk off at a stroke, make it say, £27 for a ‘high profile game’ (though still ridiculous for a mid table second division club in a town like Blackburn, but hey ho) and you’ll pique their interest.

And like I said on the previous page, the £20 night game price will make no difference at all to the previous £25 as you only get the very hardcore of the walk on buying anyway due to the myriad factors stopping floating fans bothering midweek - red button, freezing winter nights, kids in bed, work issues etc. £20 or £25 won’t change those factors.

Getting STs back on sale, good move, we are a ST heavy fanbase, always been our match going culture.

Sheff Utd, bit gimmicky, but why not, they’ll fetch plenty too, so will be a decent gate.

Though it is largely tinkering at the edges, at least someone has woken up to what a compete mess they’ve made of ticketing since L1 promotion.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Knee jerk panic it may be but at least they’ve tried to do something about it. I doubt many fans expected the club to address the issue so early on in the season. 

The damage may already be done and for that they deserve criticism but this offer, in isolation, is a welcome step. If the club had done nothing, you’d be criticising them for inaction.

And you'd be defending them if they'd turned around and said all games will have to be 30 quid because the crowds are so low.

Such is life 🙄

I'm for anything that increases the crowds but for me it's not radical enough. The real screw up from Waggott was not being creative enough with season tickets mainly on price but also flexibility. His silly structure for season tickets hasn't given him much room for manoeuvre. Still it's another admission from him that he got it wrong.

• Like 3

On match day prices, yes. Happy to see some initiative taken, though still far too expensive. However, as match day tickets are a small part of our ticket sales, it’s small fry.

The horse had bolted, I’m afraid on the much more important sales strand of season tickets, as they are still pro rata far more expensive than the last in stadium season, and you just won’t be getting back the lost sales in October. We won’t be able to see if they’ve actually learnt their lesson until next summer when 22/23 STs go on the market.

But yes happy to see that haven’t lost all sense of what constitutes value down there - even if it took fan lobbying to make them wake up.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

And you'd be defending them if they'd turned around and said all games will have to be 30 quid because the crowds are so low.

Such is life 🙄

It’s objectively recognising that this, in isolation, is a positive move.

Does it go far enough? Has the damage already been done? Both are very reasonable questions but at least they’ve tried to address the issue at a relatively early stage of the season, which is more than I (and probably most fans) expected of them to be honest.

It doesn’t nullify the justified criticism of how the club went about ticketing in the summer.

"We're Blackburn Rovers, come and buy a 17 game season ticket after you didn't want the 23 game one 2 months ago, but we fucked up massively so we'll try again."

"PS. We're selling Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell in January for £2m combined so we need your money for loans."

"#journey"

I'd set a generous over on them selling 250 of these. Anyone ITK regarding sales?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

"We're Blackburn Rovers, come and buy a 17 game season ticket after you didn't want the 23 game one 2 months ago, but we fucked up massively so we'll try again."

"PS. We're selling Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell in January for £2m combined so we need your money for loans."

"#journey"

I'd set a generous over on them selling 250 of these. Anyone ITK regarding sales?

I don’t think many will get shifted. Their biggest failure was in the pricing and that’s still not been resolved as they needed to be in kilter with original season tickets on a price per game basis to avoid pissing off the few that bought one in the summer. So the Jack Walker stand is still over £20 per match. 

They’ve tried to address the walk on price but haven’t gone far enough. Accepted the midweek games will be a graveyard but not done much. They’ve done something but even considering the low expectations I have of the club they’re still a million miles off acceptable. 

• Like 1

£30 best seats in the house, £20 pleb level (I'd be in there) £25 decent seat.

Under fives free, 5-10 a fiver, 10-18 a tenner.

Over 60s 10% off these prices, Over 65s 20% off etc etc

No strict reinforcement on age restrictions.

All with acceptable services and facilities.

Might get 14/15000 on?

Not rocket surgery.

Edited by DeeCee

it`s sad but judging by the quite correct comments on here,the club has got one hell of a job to do in  getting  back the trust of the fans,(views from the telegraph fan boys and facebook happy clappers don`t count,they`de still be positive if mowbray left and steve kean got his job back)as a fanbase i think we are pretty much down to the regulars and hardcore,though there is hope,our away following is very healthy,it`s not a complete lost cause

On 06/10/2021 at 17:46, chaddyrovers said:

4 wins in 11 league games and we have 16 points from those games THIS season. 

plus we are 8th in the league at the minute. 

Lets behind these players and the club

Is 4 wins in 11 really something to shout about?

• Like 2

16 points from a possible 33 this season is less than 50% of available points collected.

Over a full season at that rate you would be looking at mid-60s points wise which will almost certainly be short of finishing 6th. Not a bad return and should be well inside the top half with it but not really anything to be shouting about.

Let me repeat that finishing 6th is not the holy grail or benchmark. It would be nice to actually finish in the top 6 but it doesn't in itself represent an accomplishment unless you get through the play-offs and win promotion or you use it as a springboard to go again and one better after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s sad but judging by the quite correct comments on here,the club has got one hell of a job to do in  getting  back the trust of the fans,(views from the telegraph fan boys and facebook happy clappers don`t count,they`de still be positive if mowbray left and steve kean got his job back)as a fanbase i think we are pretty much down to the regulars and hardcore,though there is hope,our away following is very healthy,it`s not a complete lost cause

I don't know if this can be answered but what % of away fans are boycotting home games? Anybody make a good guess?

I’d say easily a 1/3 of fans at away games won’t be Ewood attendees, however is that 1/3 made up of ‘boycotters’?

A few will be, but I’d say the majority will be like some of my friends and family that were at Blackpool and Barnsley - they just think Ewood is a morgue and they’d rather have a good day out on the lash and with a good atmosphere away from home. They may be tempted to say the PNE game at Ewood - but not at £30.

• Like 6

On 06/10/2021 at 23:06, JHRover said:

Too little too late. 

Many people on this website have been concerned and warning about the impact of disastrous pricing and ticketing policies on the numbers turning up. That was all ignored and only now, 2 months into the season, is the reality of the situation hitting home with the 'powers' that be at Ewood.

Is this Waggott listening to genuine concerns or rather Waggott only now realising what a complete mess he's made of things and taking steps to try and shut the stable door after the horse has bolted?

Much, much easier to keep hold of fans whilst you have them on the system as season ticket holders than it is to try and regain them after they're off the grid. 

At some point in the last 18 months the club has lost around 2,000 season ticket holders. A massive problem for anyone but for a club such as ours, starting on only 8000 to begin with and reliant on season ticket numbers to keep overall attendances up with minimal matchday buyers it is critical.

Hopefully this is ownership and shadow man getting concerned and putting pressure on Waggott to sort it out. In reality it is probably just Waggott's penny dropping later than everyone else's and realising he's destroying our support base. He won't be willing/able to keep on dishing out 1,000+ freebies every week to keep the numbers up.

Got to laugh at the latest marketing/excuse ploy which seems to be to repeatedly describe the team as 'Tony Mowbray's Young Side'. Almost as though the last 3 years never happened and this guy has just arrived into the club and is making the best of a tough situation, not that he's responsible for the mess and situation.

I truly believe that serious action will engage fans more than any price or promotion. Unless you are going Huddersfield/Bradford style and dropping season tickets to less than £200 an adult and pushing them like mad then the only way people will get excited is through a promotion push, or ambitious steps on the football side - new manager, better players.

Sticking with boring Tony without whom the Club wouldn't exist and whose form collapses every time the top 6 is in reach certainly isn't going to get bums on seats.

There is a (marketing) theory that businesses that lose customers due to poor service or defective product can regain and solidify their connection to those lost by identifying the specific causes of dissatisfaction and then over-compensating to ensure the customer feels 'special'.

Unfortunately I don't think Waggott or anyone else down Ewood way has actually got any meaningful marketing or management qualifications, hence this band-aid for an arterial bleed approach, which of course is doomed to be a pathetic failure...

The only thing that could possibly make a real difference for most disconnected fans at this point would be a sudden and lasting change of fortune on the pitch - the kind of thing that used to have us traipsing all over the place in the glory years of promotion from the 3rd and 2nd Division... What a shame that the gurnmeister demonstrated his complete inability to build and maintain any momentum once again with our two most recent reverses.

Get shut of the Moggasaur. New Blood, New Thinking, fans back in their droves...

COYB! 

• Like 6

I was at AFC Darwen today V Bury AFC.  Spoke with lots of ex-Rover's regulars.  Like me, non will return until Maggot goes.  We don't care what division we play in, or what the ticket price is.  Maggot goes and we'll all come back.  SIMPLES!!!!  What's not to understand???

• Like 3