BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 16/10/21

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We weren't. Mowbray when referring to the Maja deal after the window had closed said that it would have been a loan deal.

Hmmm not what I was told. Also believe the purchase will be revisited in January.

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Didn't Maja fail a medical despite being fit?

So, 4 months later you forget all that ? 🤷‍♂️

It was to do with what our insurance covers, I think. Something a bit obscure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Hmmm not what I was told. Also believe the purchase will be revisited in January.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19600131.tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-team-news-ahead-cardiff/

Khadra was one of four loan additions, with Rovers missing out on a move for Bordeaux striker Josh Maja on deadline day who would have filled the final allocated spot.

“We had every intention of using our five loans but yet we came across an issue that we couldn’t resolve at the end. That would have been another loan,” Mowbray added.

I very much doubt that he would come out and say so specifically that it would have been a loan to be fair.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I actually don't think we should even insure our players tbh. The one time we tried to actually cash an insurance policy, they wriggled out of it and I assume we will have had to pay the court fees. Waste of money.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Picture from me of him on the pitch

20211016_155548.jpg

I see the wee man got himself into a spot of hot water in a radio interview with his views on women in football. Not the first time his almighty big mouth has landed him in bother. Gave us a terrific season on the pitch but an absolute arsehole of a human being off it. 

Edited by oldjamfan1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Several speakers in the Riverside have been “fixed” by being switched off. On the way out yesterday the ones one the outside of the Blackburn End didn’t sound healthy. I don’t know about anywhere else as I don’t sit anywhere else.

The reason why I asked you is that I don't sit in the Riverside and I am unaware of anyone who does like yourself so thats why I asked you the questions. The speakers seem fine in Blackburn End to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Anyway, if your that excited about a new scoreboard, then crack on. It’s a completely unnecessary expense from a club pleading poverty and cutting back to the bone, but it’s barely worthy of discussion in the scheme of things.

I disagree it is unnecessary expense given that the old one needed replacing for the last few season and I have suggested a Rovers having a minute clock in the ground for years now. Plus the TV screen working properly is also necessary IMO. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19600131.tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-team-news-ahead-cardiff/

Khadra was one of four loan additions, with Rovers missing out on a move for Bordeaux striker Josh Maja on deadline day who would have filled the final allocated spot.

“We had every intention of using our five loans but yet we came across an issue that we couldn’t resolve at the end. That would have been another loan,” Mowbray added.

I very much doubt that he would come out and say so specifically that it would have been a loan to be fair.

Fair enough actually. Maybe I've misheard and the £3m was some sort of clause, or maybe what a purchase 'would' cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Maybe I've misheard and the £3m was some sort of clause, or maybe what a purchase 'would' cost.

Mike, It was a loan deal with a view permanent deal this coming summer so maybe thats where your 3 million pounds would have cost the club. I suspect that Rovers and if Mowbray(or whoever the manager/head coach) is here will revisit the deal and get it done. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Maja has just returned to training I believe with his club Bordeaux and give that he has had a back injury which is current club confirm and then how is down to medical insurance cover. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mike, It was a loan deal with a view permanent deal this coming summer so maybe thats where your 3 million pounds would have cost the club. I suspect that Rovers and if Mowbray(or whoever the manager/head coach) is here will revisit the deal and get it done. 

Maja has just returned to training I believe with his club Bordeaux and give that he has had a back injury which is current club confirm and then how is down to medical insurance cover. 

Sounds right, I've probably misheard it 🙂

• Like 1

What does it take for OUR young promising players get on ahead of loanees.  Young Butterworth was brought on some games back and changed the game.  Has not been seen since.  ToMo does this all the time.  Done it with, Trav, Rothwell, Nyambe.  Funny as the olayers stepped iut at half time I said to the missus, I wonder what Mowbary's told em at half time to surrender the lead.  He's never going to get sacked.  He is destroying this club from the inside out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

What does it take for OUR young promising players get on ahead of loanees.  Young Butterworth was brought on some games back and changed the game.  Has not been seen since.  ToMo does this all the time.  Done it with, Trav, Rothwell, Nyambe.  Funny as the olayers stepped iut at half time I said to the missus, I wonder what Mowbary's told em at half time to surrender the lead.  He's never going to get sacked.  He is destroying this club from the inside out.

The type of contract that players are on shouldn't come remotely into consideration when Mowbray is making a sub.

I presume that you don't share the same theory around the likes of Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan who seemingly will like the loanees leave at the end of the season.

• J*B unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Had we signed Maja it would have been brilliant. 

Yes it was inexcusable not to sign an Armstrong's replacement as I said previously. I would targeting Maja in January and Healey next summer 

We weren't spending 3 mil on Maja. It's a season long with view to signing him permanent next summer. Next summer we will lose season 1 spend of around 9 to 10 million pounds. Meaning we are spend some money plus probably some of the Brereton's money from his sale this coming summer. 

Hopefully, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed in anyway that we will spend money. Particularly where it's needed, but who will the manager be? That's the 64 million dollar question 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Too passive.  Their number 6 constantly broke into midfield and Bucko looked frightened to death cos the big boys were coming.....no challenge, no engagement.... he's never a central midfielder

Whereas Rothwell, a much better central midfielder, stemmed the flow in the second half, got in tackles, put his foot on the ball, slowed things down, sprayed passes around…

17 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I see the wee man got himself into a spot of hot water in a radio interview with his views on women in football. Not the first time his almighty big mouth has landed him in bother. Gave us a terrific season on the pitch but an absolute arsehole of a human being off it. 

He was obviously trying to work his way back into the game, recent media work, new Twitter account etc.

He’ll have torpedoed that now…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just because he explained his reasoning, doesn't make it right. Id love to know his reasoning behind playing an un-fit Gallagher, having a tired Diaz on the bench. And yet letting an impressive player in Sam Burns go out on loan to a lower level team than the U23s. Then not playing Butterworth.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

Just because he explained his reasoning, doesn't make it right. Id love to know his reasoning behind playing an un-fit Gallagher, having a tired Diaz on the bench. And yet letting an impressive player in Sam Burns go out on loan to a lower level team than the U23s. Then not playing Butterworth.

The 3 at the back wasn't the reasons we conceded 2 goals tho. 

Diaz looked far from tired when he came on and full of energy even he was only back 15 hours before hand. But him being there and coming on lifted the team and the fans. 

Gallagher was clear fit enough to start plus he got a goal and assist not bad for someone who is unfit. 

Burns has been very impressive at under 23's but lets see he gets on playing competitive football for a month. 

I don't think there's one specific reason why we threw away the game.

Needlessly changing the formation though, will, IMO, have been a contributng factor. Change for the sake of it.

I really don't understand why he keeps on trying to be clever and worrying about the opposition so much, rather than finding a system that works for the players he's got and sticking to it.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1