BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Disagree. That wasn't his only up-front involvement anyway.

How can you disagree? He puts the ball across the six yard box, the nearest Rovers player was Buckley approaching the penalty spot. The keeper then pushes the ball out to Buckley.

Dont get me wrong Nyambe did brilliantly to get in the position but the final ball was not a good example of the how Nyambe's final ball has improved.

Nyambe had a good game and as the game went one he had plenty of attacking play but his final ball still needs some work.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

How can you disagree? He puts the ball across the six yard box, the nearest Rovers player was Buckley approaching the penalty spot. The keeper then pushes the ball out to Buckley.

Dont get me wrong Nyambe did brilliantly to get in the position but the final ball was not a good example of the how Nyambe's final ball has improved.

Nyambe had a good game and as the game went one he had plenty of attacking play but his final ball still needs some work.

Pay him.

• Like 2

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Maybe a little harsh - Brereton was in the path of Nyambe's initial ball, so it left the goalkeeper with no choice but to parry it out into danger. Granted he could and probably should have pushed it out somewhere other than right in the middle of the box, but Nyambe put the ball in at a decent pace which didn't leave the keeper much time to think about where he was pushing the ball out. If you watch the highlights there is no way Nyambe could have pulled it back to Buckley, there were defenders blocking him and Buckley had only just arrived in the box.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

And any opinion can be challenged tbf Biz 

We all know it’s absolute nonsense. You can only judge an opinion on who it has come from and form tells us he couldn’t spot a player to save his life. 
Whether it is saying Mols is better than Buckley, or Dolan is no good, or a 15 year old is better than Clarkson, we might try and justify that madness with being on the wind up but the reality might just be that the football knowledge just isn’t there. 

If you put forward such outlandish opinions you simply have to accept they’ll be dismissed as a nonsense. 

Opinions challenged, great as that means more discussion and debate. Trouble is it's more generally insults that follow which makes conversation difficult. A little bit of respect goes a long way, as I'd wager almost none who post so provocatively would dare do so face to face.

4 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Opinions challenged, great as that means more discussion and debate. Trouble is it's more generally insults that follow which makes conversation difficult. A little bit of respect goes a long way, as I'd wager almost none who post so provocatively would dare do so face to face.

A little bit of respect for the players would be a refreshing change, for example not referring to someone who works their arse off, has improved immensely and is only 19;

As nothing but a “nice lad”. 

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Maybe a little harsh - Brereton was in the path of Nyambe's initial ball, so it left the goalkeeper with no choice but to parry it out into danger. Granted he could and probably should have pushed it out somewhere other than right in the middle of the box, but Nyambe put the ball in at a decent pace which didn't leave the keeper much time to think about where he was pushing the ball out. If you watch the highlights there is no way Nyambe could have pulled it back to Buckley, there were defenders blocking him and Buckley had only just arrived in the box.

With three defenders and the keeper between Nyambe and BBD. If we were defending in that position Id be very disappointed if my keeper pushed that out.

Maybe Im being a little harsh on Nyambe but I still maintain it is not a good example of a good final ball. A good final ball to me must find a player in Blue n White directly not rely on a degree of luck

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

With three defenders and the keeper between Nyambe and BBD. If we were defending in that position Id be very disappointed if my keeper pushed that out.

Maybe Im being a little harsh on Nyambe but I still maintain it is not a good example of a good final ball. A good final ball to me must find a player in Blue n White directly not rely on a degree of luck

I agree that the keeper is primarily at fault as he has definitely pushed it out into a bad area, however, Nyambe really played the only ball he could. If you check the highlights on YouTube and pause around the 12/13 second mark, as Nyambe plays the ball, there's a defender directly in the space where he could slide it into Buckley (who is just about to enter the box). The only open space available near Bucko would have seen the ball played behind him rather than in front of him, ending the attacking momentum. Nyambe's ball is being played towards Brereton who is just running past the penalty spot - which is literally the only effective ball Nyambe can play. He could have tried a lifted cross but the goalie probably would have dealt with that better than across the ground, so I think Nyambe made the right decision there.

Ultimately poor goalkeeping, no doubt, but I don't think Nyambe did anything wrong and actually made the correct call to play the ball low towards BBD rather than attempting to cut it back or cross in at a higher angle.

Edited by DE.

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

I agree that the keeper is primarily at fault as he has definitely pushed it out into a bad area, however, Nyambe really played the only ball he could. If you check the highlights on YouTube and pause around the 12/13 second mark, as Nyambe plays the ball, there's a defender directly in the space where he could slide it into Buckley (who is just about to enter the box). The only open space available near Bucko would have seen the ball played behind him rather than in front of him, ending the attacking momentum. Nyambe's ball is being played towards Brereton who is just running past the penalty spot - which is literally the only effective ball Nyambe can play. He could have tried a lifted cross but the goalie probably would have dealt with that better than across the ground, so I think Nyambe made the right decision there.

Ultimately poor goalkeeping, no doubt, but I don't think Nyambe did anything wrong and actually made the correct call to play the ball low towards BBD rather than attempting to cut it back or cross in at a higher angle.

Having watched the goal again he played the percentage ball but I still dont think it can be used as good example.

Anyway the outcome was right so he can tell me to shut the F*** up and I'm wrong. Lets enjoy the win.

There was actually another option which Im gald he didnt try and go and slot it in at the near post.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Having watched the goal again he played the percentage ball but I still dont think it can be used as good example.

Anyway the outcome was right so he can tell me to shut the F*** up and I'm wrong. Lets enjoy the win.

There was actually another option which Im gald he didnt try and go and slot it in at the near post.

I totally appreciate your viewpoint and completely agree that we got some luck with the goalkeeper parrying it out in the way he did - not the first or last time yesterday that their keeper helped us out! I just don't think Nyambe could have done anything else in the circumstances and his decision to drive it towards BBD low and hard ultimately led to the goalkeeper having to parry it out - as luck would have it into Buckley's path. But to a degree Nyambe 'made our own luck' so to speak with his initial run into the box and the decision to put the ball in as he did, rather than pick another option. 

• Like 1

Thought Nyambe was absolutely exceptional yesterday, for me he'd be the most difficult of the 3 to replace within our budget with the same quality.

Surely there must be some good news due soon with at least a couple of them? Yesterday's performance result and League position  shows it would be absolute lunacy to consider letting anyone go in January.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m still hoping Butterworth will come good.

I thought Butterworth looked absolutely sensational yesterday, hope his injury isn't too serious.

How good would he be with regular game time? Potentially a ready made Rothwell replacement from within the ranks and in the short term would be a cracking impact sub for the remainder of this season in that sort of form.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought Butterworth looked absolutely sensational yesterday, hope his injury isn't too serious.

How good would he be with regular game time? Potentially a ready made Rothwell replacement from within the ranks and in the short term would be a cracking impact sub for the remainder of this season in that sort of form.

Jesus christ he got injured again? Only came on as sub.

This is my main worry with him, I think he has loads of ability and I reckon the flaws in his game could be ironed out with game time. But I fear the perpetual injury issues will stop him getting that game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure he has the defensive mind that Rothwell has displayed this year. Agree he looked good, but would be a massive downgrade from Rothwell 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Jesus christ he got injured again? Only came on as sub.

This is my main worry with him, I think he has loads of ability and I reckon the flaws in his game could be ironed out with game time. But I fear the perpetual injury issues will stop him getting that game time.

He got kicked!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Butterworth is never an 8 in a million years. What’s all this comparison with Rothwell? He’s a 10 or false 9. Buckley will take Rothwells position next to Trav eventually.

Dack and Butterworth to fight out the false 9

And Joe R C for Nyambe ( if fit ) both I see as an upgrade. 

We could lose Nyambe,  Lenihan & Rothwell with Dack ,JRC , Ayala coming into the first 11 , but the squad will be majorly weakened 

42 minutes ago, slowmo said:

And Joe R C for Nyambe ( if fit ) both I see as an upgrade. 

We could lose Nyambe,  Lenihan & Rothwell with Dack ,JRC , Ayala coming into the first 11 , but the squad will be majorly weakened 

Have you seen Nyambe recently? Or last season or the season before? 

He's one of if not the best RB in the league.

• Like 6

There are many examples of players leaving Rovers only to find the grass isn't greener on the other side. Armstrong looks like the next one to join that list. I can understand why he left, of course, with Premier League football and wages on offer.

Unless an established Premier League side comes in for the three in question, they should stay put, until the summer at the very least. Moving to the likes of Sheff United, Boro or Bournemouth would not be a step up.

It all boils down to what those in Pune want to do. After all the money they have blown over the years, it would be just like them to mess this opportunity up by trying to save on wages and getting in any measly transfer fees they can.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have you seen Nyambe recently? Or last season or the season before? 

He's one of if not the best RB in the league.

Which it currently looks like we can't afford to keep.  I'm looking at worst case scenario regarding contracts and effect on our run . Would like to keep him and the others