BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I love players with pace, it means the opposition have to sit deeper. I think Burke looks quite a threatening player, I could see him as a wide forward.  In saying that I could only see him coming in to replace Khadra or Brereton not as well as, unless the plan is to move Big Ben into the middle?

Burke---- Brereton ---- Khadra  OR   Brereton--- Gallagher --- Burke

I'd like to keep Khadra and sign Burke if possible.  He would give us quite a few options up top, especially if we can keep hold of Khadra.

Butterworth and Dolan biting at their heels then the younger lads coming through in Mcbride and Burns coming through.

We'd have an abudance of options moving forwards.

Makes me think I would rather see us allocate such funds towards keeping hold of the quality we already ahve...

Yes, given we have two established players for each of the forward three positions (BBD, Khadra, Buckley, Gallagher, Dolan, Dack) suggests to me we are looking at more strikers in case we lose one of the above (probs BBD).

It wouldn't make much sense to sign another and push Gally and Dolan further down the pecking order.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JBiz said:

I remember people behind you and me shouting the odds at him, first season, after a substitute appearance.

Audible gasps, “7 million?”

Also, players do read that stuff - especially the younger players, so it would take more than just “TM never said it” for me to believe that the comments here, on Twitter, on FB, didn’t have some impact.

Each to their own assertion.

The way people go on, it’s like he was terrorised every week, which just isn’t the way it was. People were rightly concerned that someone we smashed £7 Million on was looking poor.

Hardly like that’s unreasonable, good grief. I can’t believe this is getting dragged back up either. For what purpose? BBD playing well suits us all and is for the benefit of the club, why are we back to trying to score points by re writing history?

• Like 8

Today showed that we will need some reinforcements for the rest of the season. It's a long, hard battle to get promoted and with tiredness and injuries likely to be a factor as the season wears on, the squad as it stands needs some quality additions to see us through for a play-off place never mind an automatic spot. Signing 2 or 3 key quality players could be the difference between promotion and the season falling away and staying down. 

• Like 6

From Sharpe:

Tony Mowbray also confirmed that Irish full back James Brown, previously with Drogheda, will be signing a deal with #Rovers after a three-day trial. Will be one for the U23s initially. Expect a senior right back to be on the January wishlist.

Sharpe thinks ‘we’re looking to be active in a couple of positions’.

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

It isnt end of.Sick of hearing you say this.

Nobody is saying the majority gave him stick.But me and others have heard him getting abuse and unfair stick.

So stop saying we are lieing.I saw and heard it on more than one occasion

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Definitely hasn't, end of

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

How is suggesting certain comments and reactions impacted a player;

”blaming the fans”

Also, your experience ain’t fact RF. 

I never said you are lying. Maybe you have heard what you define as abuse, presumably by individuals seeing as I have never heard it in the same ground.

Anything on a messageboard isn't abuse, this is a place to discuss and if necessary vent. Up until an average season last season, for the 2 prior, he was crap, call a spade a spade, the questions were justified. In the ground, I have only ever seen support personally. What specifically have you all heard that I haven't? Individuals, collective? Spontaneous groans, chants against him? What?

Unsure if things like spontaneous moans and groans count as your definition of abuse perhaps, they don't for me, the kind we saw even today when a pass is frustratingly put out of play etc, its unrealistic for things like that not to spill out. Conversely, I remember the reaction when Brereton scored his first goal, pure relief/joy.

There seems to be an obsession with some to revert back to slagging off other fans for a perceived "lack of support" years ago, I do question why this is the case.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burke is shit, hopefully Nixon is characteristically wrong.

We are reliant on Brereton for goals at the moment, the likes of Khadra, Gallagher and Dolan bring other things and will chip in, but any new signing needs to be able to give us extra goal power. What does Burke give us that those 3 don't? Nothing.

Well thats opinion on Burke and Nixon. I don't know what you me to say to you. 

For me, Burke would fit the way we want to play and his pace is ideal for counter attack we want to play and would give us this. Whether he is the right overall player I don't know but do we want to be signing an attacker/forward that isn't going to fit this style. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Clarkson has gone back to Liverpool, good news really as he wasn’t looking like adding anything 

Shame for the lad as he is Blackburn Rovers fan that it has worked out for him here and I hope he can find a good loan move for his career. Hope we find a good midfielder to sign whether on loan or permanent. 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Kevin Gallagher mentioned we’re looking for another centre half.

Can't see why we would need another with 5 centre backs in the squad unless he is thinking of John Souttar signing here on a pre contract. 

I think we need a right wing back, centre midfielder and attacker/forward in January. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

For me, Burke would fit the way we want to play and his pace is ideal for counter attack we want to play and would give us this. Whether he is the right overall player I don't know but do we want to be signing an attacker/forward that isn't going to fit this style. 

Shame for the lad as he is Blackburn Rovers fan that it has worked out for him here and I hope he can find a good loan move for his career. Hope we find a good midfielder to sign whether on loan or permanent. 

Can't see why we would need another with 5 centre backs in the squad unless he is thinking of John Souttar signing here on a pre contract. 

I think we need a right wing back, centre midfielder and attacker/forward in January. 

Gallagher was speculating Lenihan might be on his way out of Ewood.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burke doesn't offer a goal threat and for me wouldn't offer anything that Khadra, Dolan and Gallagher already don't. We need a striker, not a winger that is neither here nor there. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When have you seen him actually play?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher was speculating Lenihan might be on his way out of Ewood.

In January? 

I wouldn't be selling any of the out of contract players in January and wrecking the team spirit and how we play currently formation wise. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Burke doesn't offer a goal threat and for me wouldn't offer anything that Khadra, Dolan and Gallagher already don't. We need a striker, not a winger that is neither here nor there. 

We don't play with natural strikers tho in our 3-5-2 formation so would you change it like Mowbray did second half today 3-4-3 formation so we can play a main striker? 

Burke offer pace and that's does suit our counter attacking style 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In January? 

I wouldn't be selling any of the out of contract players in January and wrecking the team spirit and how we play currently formation wise. 

We don't play with natural strikers tho in our 3-5-2 formation so would you change it like Mowbray did second half today 3-4-3 formation so we can play a main striker? 

I’m only quoting Gallagher. He mentioned he thought we were looking for a right back as well, for the same reasons.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In January? 

It might suit our "counter attacking style" but its no good if the player isnt very good and doesnt have any end product. What is he offering that Dolan, Gallagher and Khadra all don't, all of whom have pace, directness and chip in with goals but not particularly many each?

Depends what you mean by natural strikers, someone like Armstrong would be ideal next to Brereton, it doesn't have to be a 6 foot 6 lump, someone who can give us pace but an actual regular goal threat as we are very reliant on Brereton to score as the goalscoring charts proves.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The way people go on, it’s like he was terrorised every week, which just isn’t the way it was. People were rightly concerned that someone we smashed £7 Million on was looking poor.

Hardly like that’s unreasonable, good grief. I can’t believe this is getting dragged back up either. For what purpose? BBD playing well suits us all and is for the benefit of the club, why are we back to trying to score points by re writing history?

The way I go on?… or “people”? I merely remarked the fans may have not helped his confidence like Gally?

I didn’t realise suggesting the potential similarities of a scenario calling Gallagher “hopeless” is potentially similar to what happened to Ben, would end up winding you and others up so much?

Also - the “terrorised every week” is taking a (what id recall as honest/legitimate issue) scenario of a minority being over the top in their criticisms and making it far worse, and turning it into some ridiculous level of vociferous, vitriolic hatred… nobody suggested that.

Perhaps it’s embarrassing for certain fans? That a player they thought was a (to quote @jal ) a “dud” before he had even started a game, is now probably* the hottest property in the league?

Im not sure, I’m just summating why you and others would get so upset about someone mentioning the potential impact of the fans negative comments and shouts within the stadium may have an impact on a players confidence.

Hardly the first time it’s happened at Ewood, or in football, or in any sport for that matter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m only quoting Gallagher. He mentioned he thought we were looking for a right back as well, for the same reasons.

Fair enough. Would be surprise if we sold any of them but who knows. 

Think we need a more attacking right wing back signing

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It might suit our "counter attacking style" but its no good if the player isnt very good and doesnt have any end product. What is he offering that Dolan, Gallagher and Khadra all don't, all of whom have pace, directness and chip in with goals but not particularly many each?

Depends what you mean by natural strikers, someone like Armstrong would be ideal next to Brereton, it doesn't have to be a 6 foot 6 lump, someone who can give us pace but an actual regular goal threat as we are very reliant on Brereton to score as the goalscoring charts proves.

That's depends on your opinion on Burke and how Mowbray see him as player and his role if he was signed, 

I don't think Armstrong would suit our team as he would have to work back and defend which isn't his strongest suit really. 

Didn't mention a big lump but I asking yourself you how we signed a main striker in our current system for example Would a Maja or Healey fit how we play currently? or would you change formation to bring in main striker in? 

We are currently 2nd top goalscorers in the league behind Fulham. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough. Would be surprise if we sold any of them but who knows. 

Think we need a more attacking right wing back signing

That's depends on your opinion on Burke and how Mowbray see him as player and his role if he was signed, 

I don't think Armstrong would suit our team as he would have to work back and defend which isn't his strongest suit really. 

Didn't mention a big lump but I asking yourself you how we signed a main striker in our current system for example Would a Maja or Healey fit how we play currently? or would you change formation to bring in main striker in? 

We are currently 2nd top goalscorers in the league behind Fulham. 

Pretty sure Waggott (I think, not Mowbray) previously said that if they hadn't signed new deals by January, they would be sold (should a club be interested) and replacements brought in.

It was probably just a bluff, paper talk to try and put the scares on the players but they (or their agents) seem to have stood firm and now Waggott has backed us into a corner and we'll have to back up the bluff with actions.

Would be horrific management to sell Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe whilst in the top 2/3.

• Like 2