BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Don't know what's happened to Travis but we need another cm and if this O'Riley is a good as he sounds I would love him here too

I hope he's better than the last midfielder we signed from MK Dons.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

it was one game. It felt a strange game with no fans in the stadium and we couldn't get our attacking game going. 

he will have more contacts in Europe than we had before. Plus people within different countries he will know. 

Yes I agree about the bcd element to the game. It was like a pre-season bcd practice game. We never really got going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Fair enough, if he is quick then he would seem more suited to his we play now. That article does conclude that he is a limited player though, and seems to imply the team needs to be tailored to creating chances for him, which was the downside to Rhodes. If he can replicate the goals tallies at a higher level though, it might be worth some adjustment.

I still have more interest in Maja at the moment. Ideally on a loan to buy so we can see what we are getting.

Yes he is certainly limited, but as you say he would suit our present style and he is a very good finisher. He is older and we are trying to build a young hungry side, based on pace on the counter attack. Maja is a very good prospect if he is fully fit, but is he rapid?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

it was one game. It felt a strange game with no fans in the stadium and we couldn't get our attacking game going. 

he will have more contacts in Europe than we had before. Plus people within different countries he will know. 

Good point, he should be able to add something to our network. I wouldn't expect it to be as much just from him as our entire network we took so long to make, but hopefully he has added a good 20% or so to our contacts, as he certainly used to delve into the European market a bit with Celtic. We shouldn't assume everyone we sign or target is solely due to him though. Then again we shouldn't assume every win or defeat is down to the manager, but we tend to. In both cases, they're the heads of larger teams. Although of course, they're the most key members of those teams by virtue of making the decisions.

• Like 1

Did Sharp say European forward or European based. I wouldnt be a tall surprised if it wasn't maja or Healey but someone we've not heard of. And yes I'm well aware those 2 players are still European before any smart arse points it out 🙄

13 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Personally think we are back to seeing Brereton rather than Brereton Diaz, hope I'm wrong, we need him firing for the second half of the season

This worries me too. I've always thought that since it appears confidence has made such a difference to him in the first half of rhe season, it wouldn't take much to knock that and put him back to last years performances. I just really hope we're not seeing the start of that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah been a poor run of games but luckily we only lost in the cup. Hopefully it's just a blip and things will click again.

Wouldn’t say it’s been a particularly poor run. Should have scored more against Barnsley, played fairly well against Huddersfield and looked comfortable against Cardiff even with 10 men. Wigan is the obvious outlier but we know why that went PEARS shaped.

56 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

This worries me too. I've always thought that since it appears confidence has made such a difference to him in the first half of rhe season, it wouldn't take much to knock that and put him back to last years performances. I just really hope we're not seeing the start of that.

Our attacking side of our game as drop in last 3 games but we still pick up 7 points and kept 2 clean sheets. 

Can't keep expecting Brereton to score every game but others are stepping up like Rothwell. 

52 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Wouldn’t say it’s been a particularly poor run. Should have scored more against Barnsley, played fairly well against Huddersfield and looked comfortable against Cardiff even with 10 men. Wigan is the obvious outlier but we know why that went PEARS shaped.

Pears should have taken the match ball home after that game.