BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

His performances so far are not signalling that Tony, he was going to Rangers until Gerrard left and was playing his best football since his arrival from Oxford. At this stage in proceedings he should stay and get his head down, unless Mowbray can once again pull a rabbit out of the hat to replace his undoubted quality. 

The Rangers situation was different though Gav as he was going to sign a PCA in January and when his contract with us expired in the Summer sign the contract with Rangers according to reports. The here and now is that he has asked for a transfer which screams to me that he wants out now and at this late stage knows where he is going and how much he will earn. If he does stay how committed will be be given that a serious injury could see him out of contract in the Summer and no club. It's not a nice situation for any of the parties concerned but I don't believe we should have unhappy players in and around the club.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, I think that's rubbish. If he still here Tuesday he HAS to perform for the rest of the season or he won't get his dream deal at the end of it either here or elsewhere.

The other thing I'd that the ONLY thing that matters I'd that we are promoted in April

People are mentioning missing out on money for him but I doubt if any fee for Rothwell would be anywhere near this mythical £6m mentioned.

If we miss out on £1m £2m or £4m so what? Better than scuppering any chance of promotion. If we wanted the money we should have sold him at the start ofvthe window.

This

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Sounds like Bournemouth are signing Dembele. Did they ever really want Joe? Or just a tactic to unsettle a rival? I assume any interest is from a PL team at this point. 

Last I read was that Birmingham offered £1.5m but the player didn't want to go and Bournemouth wouldn't pay that much. And Rovers were looking to make a last ditch effort to sign him.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry, I think that's rubbish. If he still here Tuesday he HAS to perform for the rest of the season or he won't get his dream deal at the end of it either here or elsewhere.

The other thing Is that the ONLY thing that matters Is that we are promoted in April

People are mentioning missing out on money for him but I doubt if any fee for Rothwell would be anywhere near this mythical £6m mentioned.

If we miss out on £1m £2m or £4m so what? Better than scuppering any chance of promotion. If we wanted the money we should have sold him at the start ofvthe window.

Mowbray has said he could bring a couple of players in for the money we get for Rothwell in a contingency plan should he leave. Why would he have to perform? The club who want him now know he is talented or else they wouldn't want him now and If they are prepared to wait until the summer (and get him for free) they (and he) won't want him picking up a major injury.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-transfer-plan-rothwell-22921221

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Last I read was that Birmingham offered £1.5m but the player didn't want to go and Bournemouth wouldn't pay that much. And Rovers were looking to make a last ditch effort to sign him.

I wouldn’t bother myself - he’s a forward / number 10, we would need a Rothwell replacement. Swift is the one for me. Recruitment has been very good in the past 2 years, I’m very relaxed about it. I hope we sell Rothwell, I’d be selling him today if I was Rovers. I’d have a Twitter post put out with the caption “For Sale, Highest Offer Wins”.

He’s shown his true colours and 2M now is better than nothing in 4 months . If we keep him here against his will it will damage the squad more than he will help us out. You can see that from what’s already happened - Mowbray has questioned him as a man, Travis has liked posts that are negative to Rothwell. The biggest statement is getting rid of him and saying we’ve improved the squad. 

• Like 2

I've given Mowbray plenty of stick in the past, but I don't think he did anything wrong in giving that interview yesterday. I feel for him in a way, as he has been trying to send messages to Pune for a while through the press, but it doesn't seem to sink in with them. He did the same a few weeks ago when talking about 'grey areas'.

I see yesterday as him trying to open the owners' eyes and making a final attempt to do so I.e Rothwell wants to leave, let him go and we can get two decent replacements in with the money.

I don't see it as him wanting one of our best players sold and him being thrown under the bus in the process. Rothwell wanting to talk to another club clearly shows that he wants to leave. Mowbray, imo, was letting the fans know the situation.

I don't think Rothwell will be a Rovers player come Tuesday after all of this. I want him to stay, of course, but is his heart going to be in it? I'm not sure.

I know Mowbray has form for talking bull in interviews, but there was something different about yesterday's one for me. I feel he has players lined up and is waiting for the funds/approval of the owners. Letting Rothwell go is one way of getting those funds.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I wouldn’t bother myself - he’s a forward / number 10, we would need a Rothwell replacement. Swift is the one for me. Recruitment has been very good in the past 2 years, I’m very relaxed about it. I hope we sell Rothwell, I’d be selling him today if I was Rovers. I’d have a Twitter post put out with the caption “For Sale, Highest Offer Wins”.

He’s shown his true colours and 2M now is better than nothing in 4 months . If we keep him here against his will it will damage the squad more than he will help us out. You can see that from what’s already happened - Mowbray has questioned him as a man, Travis has liked posts that are negative to Rothwell. The biggest statement is getting rid of him and saying we’ve improved the squad. 

Is the Swift link real or just a recommendation? 
Signed him once on FM and he became a quality little player for us. Would like to see him in a Rovers shirt I won’t lie!! 

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

You do not know this unless you can evidence it

Adam Armstrong in summer. We needed 2 CM’s before all this, not one signed. Joe leaves and we need 3.

Lyle Taylor just scored for Birmingham. I know quite a few we’re keen on him when he went to Forest. Would have been a good option for cover up top where we suddenly seem a bit short on options. Do we lose BBD again at all this season or dos it tie in with international breaks?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'd love Swift here but he hasn't been linked. I think the only clubs that are reported to have shown an interest are from the PL. Maybe Reading have got a daft price tag on him but if we got rid of Rothwell I'd throw a wad of money at someone like Swift and tell him, get us into the Premier League.

Buying a more exciting player would be a real statement.

But we need a striker too. It's dreamland I know, but imagine if we managed to get a midfielder and a forward who guaranteed a hatful of goals.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Personally don't want Swift - a downgraded version of Dack

I expect he'll end up at a PL team next season. We won't get him as Reading aren't going to give up their best player in January. They'll be asking £5m+.

If we could get him I'd gladly carry his bags.

59 minutes ago, unsall said:

Elliot played a behind closed doors yesterday, scored and an assist, think he’ll be back in Liverpools squad shortly, BUT you never know 😜

I'm amazed by that - he looked like he was limping when he walked around the pitch before the Boro game.

30 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Lyle Taylor just scored for Birmingham. I know quite a few we’re keen on him when he went to Forest. Would have been a good option for cover up top where we suddenly seem a bit short on options. Do we lose BBD again at all this season or dos it tie in with international breaks?

Would of taken both Taylor and Bacuna here.

I like that Obesele that just came on for Derby too,

• Like 1

We need someone in Rothwells position doing what Rothwell does. If its Rothwell himself or some new hire I don't really care.

What I do care about is this self centered FU attitude that is trying to sabotage our club on the eve of a serious automatic promotion push. Shearer did the same to us. We get to days before the deadline and he pisses all over his team mates and us by asking to go.

Promotion will be everything to this club and it's future, if we stay in the Championship lord knows where will go as a club.

We deserve better than this, we've built Rothwell into the player he has become and now he says thank you very much, don't need you anymore, let's see how much I can con out of the next mug club.

The lad's a good player, his position is a key part of our shape, if he leaves without a like for like replacement we'll have to change the system again, and we all know what happens then.

I'm proper blazing. We supporters have had to take it on the chin for years but this is one blow to many. Arsehole.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

We need someone in Rothwells position doing what Rothwell does. If its Rothwell himself or some new hire I don't really care.

What I do care about is this self centered FU attitude that is trying to sabotage our club on the eve of a serious automatic promotion push. Shearer did the same to us. We get to days before the deadline and he pisses all over his team mates and us by asking to go.

Promotion will be everything to this club and it's future, if we stay in the Championship lord knows where will go as a club.

We deserve better than this, we've built Rothwell into the player he has become and now he says thank you very much, don't need you anymore, let's see how much I can con out of the next mug club.

The lad's a good player, his position is a key part of our shape, if he leaves without a like for like replacement we'll have to change the system again, and we all know what happens then.

I'm proper blazing. We supporters have had to take it on the chin for years but this is one blow to many. Arsehole.

The thing with Rothwell is, he looks good on highlight reels but how many times does he overdo it and lose the ball. The lad has a lot of flair on his day but he's also a source of frustration at times. The thing that makes me annoyed about him is how he's left it so late to decide he can't play for the club any more leaving us next to no time to bring someone else in. There are better players out there, perhaps not with the trickery of Rothwell but could do the same job whilst not being so frustrating.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, booth said:

The thing with Rothwell is, he looks good on highlight reels but how many times does he overdo it and lose the ball. The lad has a lot of flair on his day but he's also a source of frustration at times. The thing that makes me annoyed about him is how he's left it so late to decide he can't play for the club any more leaving us next to no time to bring someone else in. There are better players out there, perhaps not with the trickery of Rothwell but could do the same job whilst not being so frustrating.

I don't see him playing the same way for a Premier League club. If he's in midfield, he'll be asked to pass, not dribble. Or, he'll play in a wide forward role. Rovers have a unique set-up, which pretty much lets him do as he wishes, which, is high risk but has been effective in a poor league. Defensively, Rothwell hasn't always been effective in the centre of the park.

Rovers have had over 6 months with knowledge that Rothwell was almost definitely leaving. Any player who enters their final year, who is performing well, is almost certainly leaving. They've had time to find a replacement or back-up - same for Lenihan and Nyambe.

I don't like it but I can't blame him for wanting to talk to clubs. He's a big injury away from losing a dream move that could set him and his family up for many years to come and retirement etc. The problem is really the financial inequality in football and less the player, I feel.

Moreover, Rovers have benefited from players militating for moves, eg. Savage, so it does come around.

Edited by riverholmes

17 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

The lad's a good player, his position is a key part of our shape

“The lads a good player and his position is a key part of our shape.”

So why have other players been offered better paid contracts that what he has been offered? Do you think it’s fair he develops for 4 years to become an integral part of our team, being one of the main reasons we are challenging, and yet still can’t get to the pay level of a player who contributes less like SG. Does he not deserve better than that?

That’s all devils advocate of course and we’ve no idea what is happening. However as far as we known the lad hasn’t said he won’t play and we don’t know he won’t give 100% and yet he’s being slated and called an arsehole.

Lucas Neil got the same shit despite the fact the club and fans knew for 18 months in advance what he was going to do and he never gave less than 100% in that final year. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1