January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

More interested in incomings now,

Obi Mikel

Curtis

Giles

I'm sure be lots of names banded about over next few hours

Mikel is 34, he's not what we need.

He'd be at the top end of the pay structure too.

A deal till the end of the season perhaps but it's only a short term solution.

Edited by davulsukur

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Tin foil hat time. Mowbray signed Rothwell, is there a chance that he’s entitled to a percentage of the profit we make on players he signs? I don’t believe that’s a massively unusual set up in football and it would explain why he’s so keen to sell…

No he isn’t, he will only get a percentage of his loyalty bonus as Rovers don’t do signing on fees

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You’d stick 3m in a blender and a player in the u23s then I guess! It’s no easy scenario or solution.

The cause is Super Snake Rothwell though, and nobody else 

Super Snake Joe Rothwell has a great ring to it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Tin foil hat time. Mowbray signed Rothwell, is there a chance that he’s entitled to a percentage of the profit we make on players he signs? I don’t believe that’s a massively unusual set up in football and it would explain why he’s so keen to sell…

This isn't Allardyce's Blackburn Rovers RV, the tin foils slipping over your eyes.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we sell him to Bournemouth, only one person will have screwed us over, Tony Mowbray.

Less so if he goes to a PL team but I still wouldn't sell £2-£4m weighed up against a minimum £190M over 3 years (Inc parachute payments even if we came straight back down.

Have a word with yourself. I know you've backed yourself into a corner on this particular topic but Rothwell will deserve all the fans vitriol he gets if he does rock up at Bournemouth.  The bloke clearly has no moral compass.

• Like 5

Rothwell has turned out to be a prize prat! This is all the motivation we need to bury Bournemouth during the rest of the campaign. A tinpot club that always seems to chase the players we are linked with. First it was Obafemi, then Bogle, now it's Dembele and they want to take Rothwell off us. It's going to be a tasty game when they come to Ewood.

This is all on Rothwell. Yeah, Mowbray wants to sell him but that's because the player wants to leave. My view is that Mowbray wants any funds from the Rothwell sale to bring in a couple of new faces. He must believe he can strengthen the squad, or should I say midfield, off the back of this sale.

Tin hat time. I think we will be better off with this snake gone. For once, I believe Mowbray has some decent options lined up to come in.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mikel is 34, he's not what we need.

He'd be at the top end of the pay structure too.

A deal till the end of the season perhaps but it's only a short term solution.

Allegedly Mikel is a couple of years older than that, but he still looked good for Stoke. I think we should stick with our current style of play and go for someone a bit younger and energetic.

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Have a word with yourself. I know you've backed yourself into a corner on this particular topic but Rothwell will deserve all the fans vitriol he gets if he does rock up at Bournemouth.  The bloke clearly has no moral compass.

A bit strong. It leaves a sour taste but he is doing what he needs to to manufacture a move to a club that will see him get presumably a big pay rise, not factoring in other factors, everyone would do the same.

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wouldn’t touch Jozwiak with a barge pole. Doesn’t fancy the rough and tumble of the championship. Sibley and Bielik now your talking.

Not saying I'd want them, was just thinking nothing perhaps affordable given Derby's plight. Jozwiak might be more for the future as we hopefully won't be in this league next season and then a Polish international winger with his prime years ahead for just 1 or 2 million isn't looking so bad

Just now, Southside Rover said:

Not saying I'd want them, was just thinking nothing perhaps affordable given Derby's plight. Jozwiak might be more for the future as we hopefully won't be in this league next season and then a Polish international winger with his prime years ahead for just 1 or 2 million isn't looking so bad

We were beaten to his signature by Derby too, so one we've followed closely.

Be surprised though if a target now, centre midfield is where we will try and strengthen.

That being said we did play a right back as an attacking right forward yesterday and a centre back up front. So Tombola Tony's philosophy if you have 2 feet you can play anywhere 1-11 wouldnt surprise me if we buy a keeper instead 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I never get this but it’s football. You are the person you are footballer, road sweeper, nurse. Everybody recognises moral responsibility and also how your decisions identify you as a person. So the idea that it’s football negates what is a decision that affects all the individuals around him is a very flawed argument.

I would personally never do what he is doing it shows a lack of moral fibre and a lot of  greed. Whatever measure he is trying to rationalise this on as a man he is a disgrace. He also probably knows it

If a rival council comes in and offers said road sweeper double his wages, do you think he's going to turn it down? See out his shift with the lads? Absolutely not - he'd be off like a shot.

It's a job to these players, nothing more. 

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hmmm haven’t recognised you much on here before but you were right about him the other day.

Scandalous by us if true. 

Just post when I'm told something 👍. Not in it for the stirring or anything 😀

• Like 6