BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s done. Medical first thing in the morning. Transfer won’t be announced until we’ve signed replacements but there’s a verbal agreement and Joe will arrive in Bournemouth in a couple of hours. 

and if we don't sign replacements?

Presumably, egg on face for Mowbray and co!

1 hour ago, Boroblue said:

I never get this but it’s football. You are the person you are footballer, road sweeper, nurse. Everybody recognises moral responsibility and also how your decisions identify you as a person. So the idea that it’s football negates what is a decision that affects all the individuals around him is a very flawed argument.

I would personally never do what he is doing it shows a lack of moral fibre and a lot of  greed. Whatever measure he is trying to rationalise this on as a man he is a disgrace. He also probably knows it

So if someone contacted you and offered six times your salary you wouldn't be curious and want to know a bit more about it?

Sorry, anyone who says they wouldn't isn't being truthful there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

and if we don't sign replacements?

Presumably, egg on face for Mowbray and co!

we must have someone lined up,to sell one of your best players and not replace him would be a damning endicement on the clubs ambition,i hope they ar`nt relying on dack to fill his place,after 2 bad knees injuries on both his legs,it`s doubtfull if he will ever be the same player

Wouldn’t it be ironic if he fails his medical tomorrow morning because of his dickie back. I know from experience that backs are so complex and debilitating. It only takes a disc to be out of place by 1mm on an MRI scan to highlight a problem.

Anyhow, let’s move on, this episode could actually galvanise the players, staff and supporters.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think Giles was coming anyway. He was the “utility” (or whatever he actually said) player. I suspect the Rothwell replacement will be one player on a permanent deal. 

I think the Rothwell money will cover that now and the previous money will mysteriously disappear as quickly as you can say, Adam Armstrong cost £15m.

• Like 1

Motivation is a funny thing and can work in strange ways... if I was Mowbray this would be the focus of every team talk from now until the end of the season... let's not forget most of our team our academy boys "this fella thinks he's bigger and better than you and thinks your club is worse than some tin pot 10k capacity stadium in a shite stag do central town" let's prove the tool wrong 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s done. Medical first thing in the morning. Transfer won’t be announced until we’ve signed replacements but there’s a verbal agreement and Joe will arrive in Bournemouth in a couple of hours. 

So much for Rothwell not being sold before replacements come in then.

Mowbray's a lying bustard isn't he. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

They will go up and this has probably ensured it. Disgusting business by the club, plus Maja signed for Stoke on loan....we end up with a dodgy deal from Brother Mogadon

After watching Rothwell for some time I just don't see him as a guarantee of them going up. Bournemouth are playing awfully at the moment and Rothwell only plays when the rest of the team's doing well. I always saw Rothwell as a luxury player who comes up with the occasional bit of magic from time to time.

For £3m though, a bargain for them. Hopefully he won't be the catalyst they need.

I still think QPR are the main rivals to second place. And I don't think Rovers are that reliant on him, we've missed Pickering more than Rothwell.

Edit: they've also got Scott Parker as manager who is a clueless nob.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

They will go up and this has probably ensured it. Disgusting business by the club, plus Maja signed for Stoke on loan....we end up with a dodgy deal from Brother Mogadon

I am not so sure , he is no world beater and I dont believe for one minute it is us or Bournemouth ,  going up with Fulham ...Who are losing one of their better players to Liverpool..

Just now, booth said:

After watching Rothwell for some time I just don't see him as a guarantee of them going up. Bournemouth are playing awfully at the moment and Rothwell only plays when the rest of the team's doing well. I always saw Rothwell as a luxury player who comes up with the occasional bit of magic from time to time.

For £3m though, a bargain for them. Hopefully he won't be the catalyst they need.

I still think QPR are the main rivals to second place. And I don't think Rovers are that reliant on him, we've missed Pickering more than Rothwell.

He's been in our best 3 players all.season and we are.2nd.  End of discussion. Venkys can fuck off for me, well they always could...now they can even more....

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes, rather than sell to Bournemouth.

No brainer isn't it?

We lose someone for 5 months and have no funds to replace?

Id say it would take someone with “no brain” to suggest it’s an easy decision.

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

I am not so sure , he is no world beater and I dont believe for one minute it is us or Bournemouth ,  going up with Fulham ...Who are losing one of their better players to Liverpool..

He just drifted past them and scores without thinking about it....nobody else can do that in this league.....mogadon and his shit man management 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

He just drifted past them and scores without thinking about it....nobody else can do that in this league.....mogadon and his shit man management 

Yea, shit man management turned a league one signing into a hot property,

Do you ever think before speaking?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So if someone contacted you and offered six times your salary you wouldn't be curious and want to know a bit more about it?

Sorry, anyone who says they wouldn't isn't being truthful there.

Is money everything. How empty are you. If I had £200 a week yes I would because it provides for my families needs. If I was on £10000 per week I have a choice. I am always at a loss by men who would sell themselves for money. Particularly when they have more thanthey will ever need. If you really believe that the definition of success is defined by money and that every individual can be bought by it then you really don’t appreciate that there are much more important things that define an individual than pounds. 
I don’t know Rothwell so can’t answer for him individually but if his search is for money at the expensive of the less quantifiable moral characteristics  then he will eventually find its an empty chase

Finally before you come back with the club would not be loyal argument you make your own decision on what you want to be not on what others would do.

• Like 2