BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

You personally pay employEES' NI as do footballers - this is deducted from your gross wage / salary.

What employing organisations pay (including football clubs) is employERS' NI.

I'm disappointed you didn't ask for their address at the end of this post to send them a copy of 'accounting for dummies' 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bournemouth journo:

More #AFCB news... told Joe Rothwell from #Rovers is definitely OFF. Loan move for Todd Cantwell from #NCFC progressing nicely and will include the option of a permanent deal in the summer. 

@talkSPORT

Sharpe has just said the same.

See what happens when you fuck people about, Joe? Ye fucking Muppet.

• Like 3

Bournemouth journo:

More #AFCB news... told Joe Rothwell from #Rovers is definitely OFF. Loan move for Todd Cantwell from #NCFC progressing nicely and will include the option of a permanent deal in the summer. 

@talkSPORT

That would be quite something! They can’t sign Dembele, Cantwell and Rothwell surely…

• Like 1

Bournemouth journo:

@talkSPORT

Well if Rothwell does end up being off Bournemouth have done a hell of a job sabotaging our promotion push from a far. If I wasn't a Rovers fans I'd say they played a masterstroke. I still think it will go through for what it's worth.

Just now, J*B said:

That would be quite something! They can’t sign Dembele, Cantwell and Rothwell surely…

Just seen they’ve agreed a 3.5M fee with Cardiff for Moore as well. Man I should have booked today off work, this is going to be some day. 

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I disagree, tey can flex their muscles all they want but out of the top 6 they are not the best team and certainly not the favourites to go up in second spot. Too many additions, too many players upsetting the applecart and the current squad at bournemouth doesnt sound the best option to me.

Agree here. It could work for Bournmouth, but what happens to the regular playing staff. Are they just pushed to the bench, and will they be happy to play second fiddle to a new player. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Signing Kieffer Moore instead apparently.

Which is very random given he couldn’t be any more chalk and cheese with Rothwell, being a huge target man striker and all.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 minute ago, BigUts said:

Don't think it's good news now if Joe stays. It's clearly upset the apple cart massively and it would probably be better all around if he went.

Didn’t someone say the US transfer window stays open a little longer? If Chicago’s interest is genuine we can’t be selling him after today without a replacement through the door before 11pm this evening. Would be typical Rovers that.

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bournemouth journo:

More #AFCB news... told Joe Rothwell from #Rovers is definitely OFF. Loan move for Todd Cantwell from #NCFC progressing nicely and will include the option of a permanent deal in the summer. @talkSPORT

Suck on that one, Joe lad.

Terrible news for us? Burned his bridges with most fans and probably some players. 

Now we have a player who doesn't want to be here, will he give 100%, will we even play him now?

Oh wow all of the journos now saying the same thing. 3.5M fee agreed with Rovers for Rothwell, but they’ve changed their mind overnight and agreed the same money for Moore! Can only guess they’ve got Cantwell and had a change of mind? Rothwell is IN BOURNEMOUTH! 

Is this the greatest tactical move Bournemouth could have done? They’ve derailed our promotion push and then not signed him?!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Oh wow all of the journos now saying the same thing. 3.5M fee agreed with Rovers for Rothwell, but they’ve changed their mind overnight and agreed the same money for Moore! Can only guess they’ve got Cantwell and had a change of mind? Rothwell is IN BOURNEMOUTH! 

Is this the greatest tactical move Bournemouth could have done? They’ve derailed our promotion push and then not signed him?!

Where does it say that a fee has been agreed for Rothwell?

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I still think he and Cantwell are very different players though? Does seem shithousery of the highest level by Bournemouth though.

On a side note it’s interesting that Moore has had an ‘ankle injury’ for Cardiff at the same time of poor Joe and his dicky back. Footballers eh? 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Could this not work in our favour? 

They’ve royally fucked him about, embarrassed him big time, in pursuit of mind games (or maybe it was genuine, who knows), if I was him, I’d want revenge and the best way to get that is give us 110%, get us promoted and subject them to the joys of being screwed by FFP.

All theoretical, but it could have that effect…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Where does it say that a fee has been agreed for Rothwell?

It doesn’t .... but people do have inside information.

Very commendable though that you wait for the story to be published in The Times before believing it

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Bournemouth have still been lurking and the suggestion of Rovers accepting a bid from their Championship rivals has been widely reported however, it was of our understanding last night that Rothwell had not been granted permission to travel ahead of a potential move to the Vitality.

Says that its been widely reported but its not confirmed plus it says that he has not been allowed to travel down.

4 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Could this not work in our favour? 

They’ve royally fucked him about, embarrassed him big time, in pursuit of mind games (or maybe it was genuine, who knows), if I was him, I’d want revenge and the best way to get that is give us 110%, get us promoted and subject them to the joys of being screwed by FFP.

All theoretical, but it could have that effect…

Just thought that myself. It really could go one of two ways. It will also be extremely annoying if we had other deals lined up to replace him and they now collapse. Hopefully we can still manoeuvre some wiggle room to bring the much needed extra bodies in. 

• Like 2