BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ha, and that's why it's all thoroughly depressing. 

I don't hate JR, whatever, hate the game and all that. 

Timing just sucks with 3.5 months of destiny to go.

My only hope from the cloud is that this is future, death of big transfer fees, and players just hop from club to club and pick up a nice bonus instead. Would be a system to benefit a club like Rovers. 

I fail to see how it would. Don't we tend to recoup a lot more in fees than we spend?

• Backroom
25 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Butterworth, Chapman Davenport Vale, McBride all possibly going out on loan  

Hope that means 2 or 3 players definitely coming in. 

Chapman can only play for us or Burton, neither want him really.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I fail to see how it would. Don't we tend to recoup a lot more in fees than we spend?

Yeah, you're right, makes no sense looking now.

Guess i was thinking cos we never have a pot to piss in on transfers, but used to chuck wages round like confetti, but that's why we're 200 mill in debt right. I remember now.

Think I've just been hoping for the full model (Prem in particular) to change for a while. Those ridiculous fees it got to of 150/200 mill, no club in the World can afford that. So Spanish ones all go bust. Agent fees too. Yes, they'd still get a cut of the new contracts, but hell of a lot less than transfer cuts. So, no incentive to push players around. 

Maybe wouldn't benefit us individually, but got to be a more sensible future for football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Chapman can only play for us or Burton, neither want him really.

LT article about fringe players going on loan eckons we are in talks with Burton about it. Which surprises me. Sounds like they're trying to get him cheaper than last time. I can see this going the way of when we loaned Fisher to MK Dons. They never played him once, his contract ran out as we didn't know if he was any good as he hadn't played, they signed him for bugger all (dunno if they paid a nominal fee, at the time I thought it was free but a sell on has been mentioned). Then they immediately played him from day one and he became their top keeper, selling up a league for a significant profit.

I know Chapman has played a bit and I'm not saying Burton are doing it on purpose (I did think Dons were), I'm just saying he will turn out to be a very good free for that league if they get his head straight.

20 minutes ago, Silas said:

Yeah, you're right, makes no sense looking now.

Guess i was thinking cos we never have a pot to piss in on transfers, but used to chuck wages round like confetti, but that's why we're 200 mill in debt right. I remember now.

Think I've just been hoping for the full model (Prem in particular) to change for a while. Those ridiculous fees it got to of 150/200 mill, no club in the World can afford that. So Spanish ones all go bust. Agent fees too. Yes, they'd still get a cut of the new contracts, but hell of a lot less than transfer cuts. So, no incentive to push players around. 

Maybe wouldn't benefit us individually, but got to be a more sensible future for football.

I consider the exorbitant wages to be a bigger issue than the exorbitant fees. If fees stop happening players will just want even more, in wages and sign ons. Make no mistake, the agents will still get the same huge slice no matter how they make it happen. And whether it goes that way or not, clubs will remain in huge debt as they and supporters both armchair and stadium-bound are milked dry to fund these extravagant lives whilst we worry if our beloved clubs will go bust. The game off the pitch makes me feel a bit sick sometimes. One day the bubble has to burst and a reset happen.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ok, play me. I’ll break down in the first 60 seconds and come off injured. Or we can go to court. Whichever you’d like. Regardless I’m STILL going to tell all your players about how you’ve ruined my dream transfer that secures my families future. And even team talk, every training drill, every plan… like i said, I’m talking to my new manager every week. 

Who cares?  Everyone knows you aren't injured and are just trying it on. You won't get any sympathy there mate.

On a serious note it can't just be that easy to swing the lead as every player would do it and simply never bother playing! And this would look particularly blatant in Rothwell's case as he's after a move.

(For the avoidance of doubt I don't believe JR would ever behave like that (for the sake of his own career) or has refused to play at any point, from TM's interview it looks like it was his decision to withdraw Rothwell from the fray)

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’m breaking character now…

They don’t care mate. Or at least, the vast majority don’t. It’s a business, Rothwell is playing the game and Mowbray knows it. Even if Bournemouth fell off the south coast and he had behaved like I’ve been posting, someone would take him. Because he’s a really good player.  

See Ched Evans.

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Who cares?  Everyone knows you aren't injured and are just trying it on. You won't get any sympathy there mate.

On a serious note it can't just be that easy to swing the lead as every player would do it and simply never bother playing! And this would look particularly blatant in Rothwell's case as he's after a move.

(For the avoidance of doubt I don't believe JR would ever behave like that (for the sake of his own career) or has refused to play at any point, from TM's interview it looks like it was his decision to withdraw Rothwell from the fray)

Agreed and makes we ''wonder'' who made up the 'back spasms' that protected a player that our manager wanted shut of.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Butterworth, Chapman Davenport Vale, McBride all possibly going out on loan  

Hope that means 2 or 3 players definitely coming in. 

I remember some posts on here, back in the summer, saying we didn't need to sign strikers as we had Butterworth, Vale and McBride as options. It seemed too fanciful and rose tinted at the time and now they could all be going out on loan.

If true, it's an indication of us making room for a few incomings (I hope).

• Like 1

Anyway, we move on. 3 million pounds to play with. One day to invest, to save our automatic place. Are we talking one fairly big name and a couple of loans. If we are losing four to loans, it could be like Clapham Junction tomorrow. 

I hope they are still not pissing around with fax machines at the FA.

A PDF attachment or two at 11pm will give us a better chance of success. 

5 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

Everyone keeps talking about a couple of loans, someone please correct me if i'm wrong but don't we only have 1 free loan spot?

can have as many loans as you want in your overall squad, but can only pick 5 for a matchday squad

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

can have as many loans as you want in your overall squad, but can only pick 5 for a matchday squad

Thanks for the clarification, thought there was a cap on the amount of loans you could have...  is there any point in bringing more the five if your are always going to drop one. 

37 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

Everyone keeps talking about a couple of loans, someone please correct me if i'm wrong but don't we only have 1 free loan spot?

“The EFL's list of regulations say that a club can name a maximum of five loan players on a team sheet for any individual match.”

khadra, Van Hecke, Zeefuik, poveda, but I’m not sure poveda will ever be on a team sheet for us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sparky12 said:

Thanks for the clarification, thought there was a cap on the amount of loans you could have...  is there any point in bringing more the five if your are always going to drop one. 

Poveda may not be fit to play again this year, so he could be left out without much fuss 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

“The EFL's list of regulations say that a club can name a maximum of five loan players on a team sheet for any individual match.”

khadra, Van Hecke, Zeefuik, poveda, but I’m not sure poveda will ever be on a team sheet for us. 

So expect two loans tomorrow and two signings and Rothwell gone.

I do not expect any expenditure on fees.

I do expect 'we tried all day and worked so very, very hard' but 'failed to get any over the line' followed by, probably tomorrow, 'we are where we are, we move on' maybe even a God Bless Venkys thrown in for good measure.

Still if Rothwell is sold it looks a good buy/sell on someone's CV

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, JoeH said:

As much as we've been on Sky TV and are scheduled to be on Sky TV quite a bit coming up, it's likely that the Deadline Day coverage on Sky Sports will fail to cover Rovers in much depth.

We'll be running a live deadline day show dedicated to Rovers and Rovers alone from 8:30pm over on YouTube tomorrow evening. Jaquob Crooke and Rich Sharpe will be joining us live on the show. We'll focus on Rovers and keep you up to date with all the latest rumours, gossip and confirmed deals.

Not quite the same budget as bSkyb but we'll give it a reyt good go

https://www.youtube.com/c/RoversChat

Can you not get Pete O'Rourke?

• Like 1