BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a random website, so it clearly untrustworthy. But how on earth would Poveda have managed to get such a high wage when he has never been a proper first teamer at Leeds?

A wage structure would depend on many factors anyway, no club would have it whereby the sole factor is ability. It depends on how long ago they signed their contract, their age, how influential they were at that time assuming it was a renewal for an existing players or where (and if there was a fee) they have been signed from.

Maybe in a similar way to how Rochina and Formica ended up here or some others if he was that highly rated.

4 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Can you wait 24hrs and see what happens before you jump?

The situation is still completely ludicrous. 

The run of good form we have been on has been a major distraction from the calamitous running of the club. 

Selling one of your key players to a promotion rival is absolute madness. Hopefully it is just rumours. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The new posters from the Retirement Village must be getting their oxygen assisted sleep.

No doubt the zimmer frames will show up soon enough.

Anyway, selling for peanuts to a main promotion rival. In what universe is that a good play by Mowbray?

I saw someone posted a timeline of Mowbrays supposed brilliance in handling his. That or the working of a madman on a %%%%.

As has been covered ad nauseam, what's the alternative?

He's indicated he doesn't want to play for us - you have to shift him out. We're not in a position to sit on an asset for 5 months out of spite. 

15 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

You’ve said this three times and it’s still not true. It’s impossible for Rothwell to force a move as he’s under contract, if he were to move we would have to agree to it.

You know what he means by “forcing a move” it’s a well known phrase in the game for someone who no longer wants to be at there current club and wants to move on. Why would we want to keep someone who doesn’t want to be here. Get as much as we can and bring a couple in. We will be worse off without Rothwells drive in midfield 100% but if he doesn’t want to be here Fuck him. Can’t wait for Travis to crunch him on the 30th of April when we beat Rothwells Bournemouth. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, alcd said:

Those figures are simply wrong because the total wage bill is at least double the £9m quoted. 

Don't think they are!

Those stats show about 65 players (less than 30% of those employed by Rovers) and excluded Mowbray, coaches, analysts, scouts, medics, directors (directors remuneration £0.5million+ for starters) etc 

Last filed Rovers' accounts show:

• 145 players and management employed across football
  • 80 employed across Commercial, Admin and Building / Ground maintenance

Also bear in mind, that employers' NI comes in at a whopping 14% with every £100,000 of wages costing an additional £14,000!

Indicatively, I would suggest that file is pretty close to the mark.

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I don’t know why I bother to go over this multiple times but if Rothwell refuses to sign a new deal and is determined to leave, there’s not a lot we can do about it. We’ve not ‘done nothing’. We’ve offered him new terms and he’s rejected them. He’s now forced a move to a rival club. Could we have offered more money? None of us have any idea but that doesn’t excuse Rothwell downing tools in the middle of arguably the biggest season in recent memory, to force a move to a promotion rival. 

None of us know for sure if we could have offered more money, although many suspect if Mowbray really wanted to we could. Similarly, none of us have any idea if he will down tools if we refuse to let him leave.

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

The situation is still completely ludicrous. 

The run of good form we have been on has been a major distraction from the calamitous running of the club. 

Selling one of your key players to a promotion rival is absolute madness. Hopefully it is just rumours. 

Yeah totally agree but I think you can remove Venkys from this particular issue. They sounded like they were the ones that were saying no way.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a random website, so it clearly untrustworthy. But how on earth would Poveda have managed to get such a high wage when he has never been a proper first teamer at Leeds? 

A wage structure would depend on many factors anyway, no club would have it whereby the sole factor is ability. It depends on how long ago they signed their contract, their age, how influential they were at that time assuming it was a renewal for an existing players or where (and if there was a fee) they have been signed from.

I don't know but I was told by someone connected to Rovers what the lad's wage at Leeds was and I'm pretty sure he would know.

I've worked with a number of organisations on both remuneration scale / structures and pricing structures / strategies and in my professional opinion, if that is a 'structured' approach to wages then it is indefensible and you could drive a horse and cart through it. 

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think they are!

Those stats show about 65 players (less than 30% of those employed by Rovers) and excluded Mowbray, coaches, analysts, scouts, medics, directors (directors remuneration £0.5million+ for starters) etc 

Last filed Rovers' accounts show:

• 145 players and management employed across football
  • 80 employed across Commercial, Admin and Building / Ground maintenance

Also bear in mind, that employers' NI comes in at a whopping 14% with every £100,000 of wages costing an additional £14,000!

Indicatively, I would suggest that file is pretty close to the mark.

Excuse my probable naivety about NI, but how come when I'm paying it, it gets taken off my wage, but when wealthy footballers are contributing it, it's apparently on top of their wage?

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Excuse my probable naivety about NI, but how come when I'm paying it, it gets taken off my wage, but when wealthy footballers are contributing it, it's apparently on top of their wage?

You personally pay employEES' NI as do footballers - this is deducted from your gross wage / salary.

What employing organisations pay (including football clubs) is employERS' NI.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

I know that it’s disappointing that Rothwell looks like he’s going (and if it were up to me I’d be tempted to keep him) but ultimately, as important as the rest of this season is, it isn’t all there is. 

Even if Rothwell could be trusted to give 100% for the rest of the season (and it seems like there might be question marks over that) we know that he’s not going to sign a new contract, and so we could keep a player, who doesn’t really want to be here, for a maximum of 4 months, during which time he could lose form or get injured and be worth literally nothing to us, or we could get some money for him and replace him with one (or maybe two) players who will be with us not just for 5 months, but the next couple of seasons too. 

So, whilst in my heart I’d love Rothwell to stay, I can understand why Mowbray is willing to sell

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

None of us know for sure if we could have offered more money, although many suspect if Mowbray really wanted to we could. Similarly, none of us have any idea if he will down tools if we refuse to let him leave.

Obviously the money side is all guesswork but it sounds like he asked not to play against Luton so I think we’re already at the stage where his commitment can be called into question. I don’t know how we can have him back now, the bridges are burned. I just can’t see how we’re going to find two decent replacements in 24 hours. 

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Jesus wept, not bean counting,  back to transfer news anyone?

Who is replacing Rothwell?

Bean counting is important when you have a situation where it leads to your better players thinking they are having the p1ss taken out of them.  If a talented and established  Championship player can get a six fold increase in his wage merely by moving to another club in the same league then that would suggest to me that his existing club has taken him for granted and taken the p1ss. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Butty said:

You know what he means by “forcing a move” it’s a well known phrase in the game for someone who no longer wants to be at there current club and wants to move on. Why would we want to keep someone who doesn’t want to be here. Get as much as we can and bring a couple in. We will be worse off without Rothwells drive in midfield 100% but if he doesn’t want to be here Fuck him. Can’t wait for Travis to crunch him on the 30th of April when we beat Rothwells Bournemouth. 

Why would we want to keep one of our best players and not sell him to a direct promotion rival? Do you really have to ask that?

If we told Rothwell that there’s no chance he’s moving this window, do you think he would just refuse to play for us for the remainder of the season? Of course he wouldn’t.

Rest of your post is just over emotional irrational nonsense that’s not really worth a reply.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As has been covered ad nauseam, what's the alternative?

He's indicated he doesn't want to play for us - you have to shift him out. We're not in a position to sit on an asset for 5 months out of spite. 

I have not heard that from the mouth of Rothwell. The source of that in only Mowbray, and I for one doubt that persons veracity.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

You’ve said this three times and it’s still not true. It’s impossible for Rothwell to force a move as he’s under contract, if he were to move we would have to agree to it.

OK let’s run this through. You’re Mowbray, I’m Rothwell. I’m assuming you’ve just told me that I’m not leaving….

Rothwell: I'm not leaving? I’m 27 years old, this is my last major contact and I’m being offered 6x my wage. If you don’t accept Bournemouth’s deal then I’m not turning up to training, this will be the last conversation we have and I’ll go there for free in the summer. And no, I’m not going to Chicago, I have two young kids. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Cantwell on loan for the remainder of the season with option to buy. 23yr old out of the Norwich team and would fit nicely in replacing Joe Rothwell

P.s. apologies Fraserkirky its tagged a quote that I responded to earlier and won't let me remove it

Edited by Southside Rover
Miss quote
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

OK let’s run this through. You’re Mowbray, I’m Rothwell. I’m assuming you’ve just told me that I’m not leaving….

Rothwell: I'm not leaving? I’m 27 years old, this is my last major contact and I’m being offered 6x my wage. If you don’t accept Bournemouth’s deal then I’m not turning up to training, this will be the last conversation we have and I’ll go there for free in the summer. And no, I’m not going to Chicago, I have two young kids. 

Tell Rothwell to fuck himself and sit at home on minimal wage.

Do NOt sell to a promotion rival. Ever.

OH and being sensible tell him to get his agent to find another buyer if you want to move today.

Are kids not allowed in Chicago?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

To which our reply should have been, fair enough, you can go there in summer if you like but if you're not available to play in the meantime you'll be in breach of contract and won't get paid.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Mowbray (or me, anyway): Ok then no problem, we will fine you every week you refuse to turn up to training. Hope you've got some savings. We'll see who wants you after 6 months of refusing to honour your contract and not playing or even training.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Cantwell on loan for the remainder of the season with option to buy. 23yr old out of the Norwich team and would fit nicely in replacing Joe Rothwell

P.s. apologies Fraserkirky its tagged a quote that I responded to earlier and won't let me remove it

Lot of reports saying Bournemouth in are set to sign him too. 

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray (or me, anyway): Ok then no problem, we will fine you every week you refuse to turn up to training. Hope you've got some savings. We'll see who wants you after 6 months of refusing to honour your contract and not playing or even training.

You can’t find me for breach of contract because I’ve got an issue with my hamstrings. I’m injured now and don’t want to play until I’m 100% fit because I’m moving to Bournemouth in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Does that mean Sharpe won't be free to do his own usual deadline day updates on the LT, or is he multitasking?

Rich will be multitasking. As will Jaquob. They’ll still be providing their live updates via their own channels

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

You can’t find me for breach of contract because I’ve got an issue with my hamstrings. I’m injured now and don’t want to play until I’m 100% fit because I’m moving to Bournemouth in the summer. 

Yup. See Lyle Taylor at Charlton for reference