BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Oh wow all of the journos now saying the same thing. 3.5M fee agreed with Rovers for Rothwell, but they’ve changed their mind overnight and agreed the same money for Moore! Can only guess they’ve got Cantwell and had a change of mind? Rothwell is IN BOURNEMOUTH! 

Is this the greatest tactical move Bournemouth could have done? They’ve derailed our promotion push and then not signed him?!

Careful what you wish for Joe!! Must feel absolutely shit now….

The best thing we can do now is do the business we’ve got lined up as if he is going…take control of the situation. I have a feeling they’ll try again at the end of the day.

Venkys need to flex their muscle and run over any dodgy plan Afcb have to destabilise us!

If I were SW now if be on the phone to Madame asking for £10m to blow these fuckers out!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, superniko said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bournemouth get Dembele and Cantwell and decide to pull out of the Rothwell deal. 
They’ve done enough to upset our camp and don’t need all 3 of them. 

Called it. 
Housewives of Windy City for his missus now

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I can’t see how Rothwell can be assimilated back into the squad after everything that’s gone on

Best course for Rovers would be to ship him off to Chicago 

Won’t happen in time today (US transfer window doesn’t close tonight). That would be a wet dream for Waggott - sell him after today when we can’t bring any bugger in. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Hope we can sign this matt Giles lad from wolves. One question though, if he was doing so well and aying regularly for Cardiff why was he recalled?

Think Wolves were a bit thin on the ground at the start of the month so brought him back for cover. Don't forget there was lots of flapping about Covid and games being suspended at the time.

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The worst possible scenario here is that we end up stuck with an unhappy and resented Rothwell, and we end up forcing through the sale of a different key player to finance deals we have lined up.

Why need to sell? The owners have alot of money and want promotion. We sold Armstrong in the summer.

1 minute ago, CheshireRover said:

Could this not work in our favour? 

They’ve royally fucked him about, embarrassed him big time, in pursuit of mind games (or maybe it was genuine, who knows), if I was him, I’d want revenge and the best way to get that is give us 110%, get us promoted and subject them to the joys of being screwed by FFP.

All theoretical, but it could have that effect…

was about to post the very same thing. i've had a hunch parker's mind games were at play here, especially since he tried (and spectacularly failed) to freak tony out before we boshed them 2–0. don't let him win out this time. hopefully joe uses what must be an astronomical amount of frustration to fuel a positive return to the squad now, even if only so he can stick it to parker and bournemouth before heading out the door proper at the end of the season. the boy has some humble pie to eat today. let's see if the lad has it in him.

I think we've covered our back here by not throwing him under the bus. It's all speculation so far that he refused to play/demanded a move. If it comes out at the end of the season and we go up, I couldn't care less let him walk for free. Get out of him what we can, what we've invested three season's into him.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I can’t see how Rothwell can be assimilated back into the squad after everything that’s gone on

Piece of cake. If he’s here tmrw they sit him in front of the lads, he’ll tell them he’s going to give everything he’s got to fuck Bournemouth up and they’ll lap it up….most hard faced industry in the world is football!

Rothwell cannot come back and toss it off because he’s a money hungry 27yr old trying to feather his nest! A terrible second half of the season will knock zeros off his summer pay day!

I still think a move for JR will go through…we just need to pull the trigger on our deals now.

6 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Hope we can sign this matt Giles lad from wolves. One question though, if he was doing so well and aying regularly for Cardiff why was he recalled?

Wolves called him back due to the covid situation in their squad.

Cardiff wanted him back

• Like 1

Just me who's disappointed Rothwell staying probably means a lack of new signings?  IF we were given that money to reinvest we could have got more depth in the squad which i think could be more important than Joe come end of the season. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

Oh wow all of the journos now saying the same thing. 3.5M fee agreed with Rovers for Rothwell, but they’ve changed their mind overnight and agreed the same money for Moore! Can only guess they’ve got Cantwell and had a change of mind? Rothwell is IN BOURNEMOUTH! 

Is this the greatest tactical move Bournemouth could have done? They’ve derailed our promotion push and then not signed him?!

I can only see this as a negative from our point of view. So yeah, bit underhand from Bournemouth but potentially played a blinder in unsettling one our first team players. 

The rest of the day will be interesting, as I imagine were now trying to offer him round and get rid but that would undoubtedly result in a worse deal all round for us.

34 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bournemouth journo:

More #AFCB news... told Joe Rothwell from #Rovers is definitely OFF. Loan move for Todd Cantwell from #NCFC progressing nicely and will include the option of a permanent deal in the summer. @talkSPORT

Suck on that one, Joe lad.

If there ever was a worst case scenario then this is it. 

Bournemouth may come back knowing we now have an unsettled player. They need to throw everything at going back up. I know they have decent backing but that premiership money will he drying up. 

Lets face it they are a small club with adequate facilities, a small stadium with a smaller fan base. Without the parachute payment and backing they are league one standard at best. 

Can't help but think that this backfires on Tony a bit now - if he had just kept to the injury story he could have just dismissed any Bournemouth interest tomorrow and got on with things with everyone behind Rothwell - now there is almost certainly going to be some discord amongst the squad/fans.

Especially if we don't get anyone over the line ourselves today.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There's probably vey little gone on behind the scenes at Rovers. His mates will probably be glad he's still here, as will the manager if he stays committed. The only way I can see it being an issue if is Mowbray actually wanted him gone to bring in a couple of extra players.

It's the people on here who have been having fits of rage at him for 48 hours who will struggle with him being back in the squad.

• Like 1