BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

“There’s a chance we could sign a player from abroad."

Do you think Mowbray was referring to being offered Maja, or is it someone else? 

I don’t think it was Maja…gonna be a struggle to get someone in from abroad now though surely?? 

17 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

“There’s a chance we could sign a player from abroad."

Do you think Mowbray was referring to being offered Maja, or is it someone else? 

Supposedly off to Stoke, though there will be many supposedly's today!

3 signings needed today if Rothwell goes.

1 Lb/Lwb cover for Pickering and to allow Edun to compete for his preferred CM role.

A CM to replace Rothwell with something about them. Ejaria, Swift or Morgan Gibbs-White would be my choices.

A winger/striker to offer us an attacking alternative from the bench.

It seems like we’re not going to be afraid of using our academy players for squad depth which I don’t mind but we do need some cover. 

Edited by TruRover

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

3 signings needed today if Rothwell goes.

1 Lb/Lwb cover for Pickering and to allow Edun to compete for his preferred CM role.

A CM to replace Rothwell with something about them. Ejaria, Swift or Morgan Gibbs-White would be my choices.

A winger/striker to offer us an attacking alternative from the bench.

It seems like we’re not going to be afraid of using our academy players for squad depth which I don’t mind but we do need some cover. 

Gibbs-White is injured and on loan at Sheffield United?

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Surely it would have been lined up already with the player already in the country? 

I smell a shit show today.  I really hope I'm wrong.  

You’d think so…but then we had Maja in on deadline day in the summer and no one knew…

I feel like we might get let down too but I can’t work out if it’s intuition or PTSD from the last decade. 😩🤣🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Expectations today:

*The striker we were promised in summer. 

*1 midfielder or 2 if Rothwell's gone.

*Lb cover. 

Striker and midfielder should be permanent. 

Over to you Tony. "We're not daft," he won't be sold unless we have replacements in."

Bang on. 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds like from the Lancashire Telegraph that the only deal close is one for Ryan Giles. That wouldnt be an adequate window even assuming that Rothwell stays/is adequately replaced, should have a bigger budget from the owners.

And according to them nothing changed with Rothwell.

They don't know what we are doing.

35 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Surely it would have been lined up already with the player already in the country? 

I smell a shit show today.  I really hope I'm wrong.  

Agree on both counts.

We've had several players in and out of Brockhall last week apparently one of which allegedly from abroad and TM has been on about being close to signing a foreign player for a week or more.

That said like you however I would never underestimate the capacity of our recruitment department to fail to get deals over the line. Why leave it until the last day?. It's madness.

Like you I predict a day of disappointment and our promotion hopes receding into the distance.

Might go to bed until 11p.m. and hope to wake to find Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe still Rovers players and the three or four solid signings we need on top of that to give us a chance.

• Like 2

Would love it if Rothwells move collapsed due to us not getting the incomings. Then Joe has to bite the bullet, take the flack off the fans and drag us to the Premiership at Bournemouths expense.  Do the right thing Joe, with Rothwell and one or two inforcements we're going up.  Just give it a few months. If it doesn't work out then take your move to Bournemouth.

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Exactly.

Looks like Bournemouth have flexed their muscles in the last day or two, this will probably ensure promotion with the new signings.  Meanwhile we have settled for the play offs, let's hope we don't drop off now because of all this bollox. JR need replacing immediately to keep the squad motivated etc..

I disagree, tey can flex their muscles all they want but out of the top 6 they are not the best team and certainly not the favourites to go up in second spot. Too many additions, too many players upsetting the applecart and the current squad at bournemouth doesnt sound the best option to me.

54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Pete O'Rourke saying Cantrell might be on loan to Bournemouth. Are they just out to sabotage us?

Nah, Bournmouth know that if they want to get promoted, they have to bring in quality. If Venkys dont let Mowbray and Parkes get their players in, then we cant blame anybody but ourselves for the failure to strengthen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Bournemouth getting Kieffer Moore too.

Its quite ridiculous - they’re signing everyone. They sure as hell can’t sustain that wage bill if they don’t go up. 

Well at least they giving it one helluva go.  

• Like 1

Bournemouth journo:

More #AFCB news... told Joe Rothwell from #Rovers is definitely OFF. Loan move for Todd Cantwell from #NCFC progressing nicely and will include the option of a permanent deal in the summer. @talkSPORT

Suck on that one, Joe lad.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3