BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, J*B said:

You can’t find me for breach of contract because I’ve got an issue with my hamstrings. I’m injured now and don’t want to play until I’m 100% fit because I’m moving to Bournemouth in the summer. 

Alright, we will get a scan done on those tomorrow and see if you have a tear. Otherwise you're coming in for training. And if it's a tear, you're coming in for training, we will do tactical work with you. By which I mean you'll sit in a room waiting for the coaches to be done with training in order for one to give you a 5 minute debrief at the end of the day. What you want to do after your contract is of no relevance to us whilst you're under contract btw.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

You can’t find me for breach of contract because I’ve got an issue with my hamstrings. I’m injured now and don’t want to play until I’m 100% fit because I’m moving to Bournemouth in the summer. 

Right but we certainly could have seen if there were any other offers. Could he go to Newcastle for 2 million? Rather get less and not send him to Bournemouth 

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bean counting is important when you have a situation where it leads to your better players thinking they are having the p1ss taken out of them.  If a talented and established  Championship player can get a six fold increase in his wage merely by moving to another club in the same league then that would suggest to me that his existing club has taken him for granted and taken the p1ss. 

He signed that when he signed initially as a free agent from Oxford. Obviously the wage was low and he hasnt wanted to sign a new one.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Alright, we will get a scan done on those tomorrow and see if you have a tear. Otherwise you're coming in for training. And if it's a tear, you're coming in for training, we will do tactical work with you. By which I mean you'll sit in a room waiting for the coaches to be done with training in order for one to give you a 5 minute debrief at the end of the day. What you want to do after your contract is of no relevance to us whilst you're under contract btw.

No matter what shows up on that scan, I’m telling you I am in pain when I play and refuse to play. As per PFA regs you cannot force me to play if I’m injured. I’m happy to sit in the room and have a debrief once a day, on full salary, whilst I recover from my injury. But whilst I’m on site I’m going to tell all your players about how you’ve stopped my career from progressing. And I’ll be speaking with Scott Parker daily. 

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Right but we certainly could have seen if there were any other offers. Could he go to Newcastle for 2 million? Rather get less and not send him to Bournemouth 

Exactly.

Looks like Bournemouth have flexed their muscles in the last day or two, this will probably ensure promotion with the new signings.  Meanwhile we have settled for the play offs, let's hope we don't drop off now because of all this bollox. JR need replacing immediately to keep the squad motivated etc..

17 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Cantwell on loan for the remainder of the season with option to buy. 23yr old out of the Norwich team and would fit nicely in replacing Joe Rothwell

P.s. apologies Fraserkirky its tagged a quote that I responded to earlier and won't let me remove it

No worries.

Cantwell on loan would be an amazing signing tomorrow. Wonder if Bournemouth where gonna do Rothwell or Cantwell. Sloppy seconds.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

OK. We'll have you independently assessed and if they say you're fit to play, as far as we're concerned you're in breach of contract.

If you're not happy with that you can take us to Court. Hope you've got enough money to pay 2 lots of legal fees when you lose.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

OK let’s run this through. You’re Mowbray, I’m Rothwell. I’m assuming you’ve just told me that I’m not leaving….

Rothwell: I'm not leaving? I’m 27 years old, this is my last major contact and I’m being offered 6x my wage. If you don’t accept Bournemouth’s deal then I’m not turning up to training, this will be the last conversation we have and I’ll go there for free in the summer. And no, I’m not going to Chicago, I have two young kids. 

What world do you live in? It would be in no one’s interest for that to have happened, so it wouldn’t have happened. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

No matter what shows up on that scan, I’m telling you I am in pain when I play and refuse to play. As per PFA regs you cannot force me to play if I’m injured. I’m happy to sit in the room and have a debrief once a day, on full salary, whilst I recover from my injury. But whilst I’m on site I’m going to tell all your players about how you’ve stopped my career from progressing. And I’ll be speaking with Scott Parker daily. 

This is so true but you wonder why/how we were able to get £3.3 million.  Bournemouth held all the cards and if JR was only going to play there…they should be buying him for what we paid for hedges. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

You will have to prove you're injured. Besides, if you're injured now you will fail your medical at Bournemouth so not sure what you're complaining about. Ok, in the room once a day, all day, you pop, with full salary but no bonuses, no phone or other entertainment, but I'm not strengthening a promotion rival.

Tell the lads what you want, they know how much you've let them down and how letting you go could have jeopardised all of their careers. If Travis nuts you, I didn't see it.

Speaking with Scott Parker daily won't be allowed, you're under contract here and we will file charges against Bournemouth for tapping up players.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

OK. We'll have you independently assessed and if they say you're fit to play, as far as we're concerned you're in breach of contract.

If you're not happy with that you can take us to Court. Hope you've got enough money to pay 2 lots of legal fees when you lose.

Ok, play me. I’ll break down in the first 60 seconds and come off injured. Or we can go to court. Whichever you’d like. Regardless I’m STILL going to tell all your players about how you’ve ruined my dream transfer that secures my families future. And even team talk, every training drill, every plan… like i said, I’m talking to my new manager every week. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Ok, play me. I’ll break down in the first 60 seconds and come off injured. Or we can go to court. Whichever you’d like. Regardless I’m STILL going to tell all your players about how you’ve ruined my dream transfer that secures my families future. And even team talk, every training drill, every plan… like i said, I’m talking to my new manager every week. 

Until you explain what incentive Rothwell would have to behave like this then you’re talking bollocks JB. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Who said you're going to play? The players hate you now, and you won't be attending any briefings other than your daily tactical one. Your contact with the team will be highly minimal, and you might want to start wearing a gum shield for when you do have any.

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

What world do you live in? It would be in no one’s interest for that to have happened, so it wouldn’t have happened. 

What world do I live in? I’m astonished that any of you think Mowbray has any say in any of this. Rothwell could single handed become the biggest pain in the arse at the club. He has every single card in his favour. You cannot keep a player that insists he’s moving. Mowbray has to sell him and replace him tomorrow (today), it’s completely untenable. 

• Like 8

Just now, RV Blue said:

Until you explain what incentive Rothwell would have to behave like this then you’re talking bollocks JB. 

His incentive is the 6x weekly wage rise that is guaranteed for the next 4 years. 

• Like 3

The anger at selling to Bournemouth I get but it’s madness that anyone thinks it’s a good idea to keep him here when he doesn’t want to stay.

The money could be used to secure promotion. Obviously if we sign no one of note tomorrow I’ll be as pissed off as everyone else.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Who said you're going to play? The players hate you now, and you won't be attending any briefings other than your daily tactical one. Your contact with the team will be highly minimal, and you might want to start wearing a gum shield for when you do have any.

Not a problem. You’ve weakened your own team and don’t have any money to replace me. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Regardless I’m STILL going to tell all your players about how you’ve ruined my dream transfer that secures my families future. 

And I'm going to tell every manager in the game what a little prick you've been. And I've been around since the dinosaurs pal, so i know everyone. 

Enjoy Bournemouth, cos you ain't getting a decent club after that. 👋👋

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

££££££££ + probably a more realistic chance of getting up to the Prem. Isn’t that obvious? Still doesn’t change how disappointed us fans rightly are with the way he’s gone about it. 

1 minute ago, Silas said:

And I'm going to tell every manager in the game what a little prick you've been. And I've been around since the dinosaurs pal, so i know everyone. 

Enjoy Bournemouth, cos you ain't getting a decent club after that. 👋👋

I’m breaking character now…

They don’t care mate. Or at least, the vast majority don’t. It’s a business, Rothwell is playing the game and Mowbray knows it. Even if Bournemouth fell off the south coast and he had behaved like I’ve been posting, someone would take him. Because he’s a really good player.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not a problem. You’ve weakened your own team and don’t have any money to replace me. 

No, you've weakened my team by refusing to play. We will loan someone in and see how they do, or just tell the owners we'd like to gamble. The club will survive. Not sure your career prospects are gonna be good after 6 months of refusing to play and being unfit though. If we go up, we don't want you anymore. If Bournemouth go up, they probably won't want you either. Every club in England knows you're a selfish troublemaker. Probably should've just knuckled down til summer, given your all, earned bonuses, not lost friendships you made in the last 3 years, had a promotion on your CV, got a big promotion bonus, and moved somewhere for a huge signing on fee and even bigger wages, eh?

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m breaking character now…

They don’t care mate. Or at least, the vast majority don’t. It’s a business, Rothwell is playing the game and Mowbray knows it. Even if Bournemouth fell off the south coast and he had behaved like I’ve been posting, someone would take him. Because he’s a really good player.  

Ha, and that's why it's all thoroughly depressing. 

I don't hate JR, whatever, hate the game and all that. 

Timing just sucks with 3.5 months of destiny to go.

My only hope from the cloud is that this is future, death of big transfer fees, and players just hop from club to club and pick up a nice bonus instead. Would be a system to benefit a club like Rovers.