BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Little bit frustrating that our rivals are going to spend money (whom that it is isn't completely clear at this point) whereas we are cheaping out again. Why don't we gamble and go for it? In the summer if we don't get promoted I daresay BBD can be sold to balance the books..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Especially if we don't get anyone over the line ourselves today.

Get ready for something along the lines of "We had to put all our attention on replacing Joe and when that didn't happen it left us little time to look at anything else".

Just now, RTM08 said:

Can't help but think that this backfires on Tony a bit now - if he had just kept to the injury story he could have just dismissed any Bournemouth interest tomorrow and got on with things with everyone behind Rothwell - now there is almost certainly going to be some discord amongst the squad/fans.

Especially if we don't get anyone over the line ourselves today.

Argh come off it mate….Mowbray has played this in the best way he could. He also specifically put JR’s absence on himself and asked that JR not be blamed.

I think this more likely plays into our hands…”we would never do this to you Joe” 

8 hours ago, J*B said:

His incentive is the 6x weekly wage rise that is guaranteed for the next 4 years. 

No, you’re not getting it. On 1st Feb, after the transfer window has closed, Rothwell has absolutely no incentive to behave like a petulant child, he has every incentive to get his head down and focus on having a successful last few months of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Little bit frustrating that our rivals are going to spend money (whom that it is isn't completely clear at this point) whereas we are cheaping out again. Why don't we gamble and go for it? In the summer if we don't get promoted I daresay BBD can be sold to balance the books..

FFP vs parachute payments. It’s a two tier league. Bournemouth will be in trouble if they don’t get up this season however.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

No, you’re not getting it. On 1st Feb, after the transfer window has closed, Rothwell has absolutely no incentive to behave like a petulant child, he has every incentive to get his head down and focus on having a successful last few months of the season.

Especially now that Bournemouth have mugged him off.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Bournemouth obviously very active and doing exactly the right thing to strengthen and make sure they get over the promotion line

I would say the 2nd automatic promotion spot will be decided today 

18 games in less than 24 hours with all those points at stake? Give over jimbo there is lots to play for for Roves and the other 6 or so teams in the mix. Bmouth, as many signings as they covet are not guaranteed anything, in fact it may actually work against them. They've upset their own team squad by getting too many at one go, players will be upset and concerned unless of course they have to sell some of their star players.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Interesting if true that Bournemouth have pulled the plug on the deal to spend their money elsewhere, Rothwell can hardly hold a grudge against Rovers for that. If anything he should be pretty pissed at Bournemouth - they've made him look foolish.

and made themselves look supremely amateurish

• Like 1

I think this is a great outcome.. Joe should be coming back determined to do everything in his power to help promote us over Bournemouth! I'm not confident we would have got a player who has the same momentum and impact Rothwell has had and was having to our team and system! 

• Like 4

Will be very interesting to see what Rothwell does now, it will reflect his values. He tried to force a move to what he/his wife viewed as a better future for themselves. However, seems he has been played like a fool and left going back to the team he tried to force away from. 

I for one am happy to have him back only if he is willing to give 100% to the team, which can only be judged on the pitch. If he plays the rest of the season safe with all his thoughts on his next move he wouldn't be worth having around our team due to the mental strength of the other players.

A lot rest on Tony's man management.

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I'd write off anything significant happening today now the Rothwell deal is off. We'll be nickel and diming for loans and low ball offers. Giles will come in and that will be it most likely. 

I agree if they’re not getting 3.5M for Rothwell they’re not signing much. The road back for Rothwell is really tough now. Signing a contract is the easiest way to get back on track. But who knows what his summer plan is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I agree if they’re not getting 3.5M for Rothwell they’re not signing much. The road back for Rothwell is really tough now. Signing a contract is the easiest way to get back on track. But who knows what his summer plan is. 

Prior to Rothwell joining Bournemouth they said we were close to a foreign striker and other players were being targetted?

Why has that changed?

• Like 1