BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

13 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

No, you’re not getting it. On 1st Feb, after the transfer window has closed, Rothwell has absolutely no incentive to behave like a petulant child, he has every incentive to get his head down and focus on having a successful last few months of the season.

…while not risking getting a long-term injury

• Like 1

I think Mowbray was right to tell Rovers fans how it was with Rothwell, why shouldnt the club be open with its fans in this new found way of BRFC?

Interesting to have just watched the Bournemouth love in and the players they hope to sign, Cantwell, Moore and Dembele - no mention of the proposed Rothwell deal or saga. Interestingly, they make it clear just how do these players fit into the current squad?

It will damage them more than help them IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Prior to Rothwell joining Bournemouth they said we were close to a foreign striker and other players were being targetted?

Why has that changed?

I’ve no idea. Maybe it hasn’t. I imagine they had to throw all of their plans up in the air an hour ago and are now deciding what’s the best thing to do. 

First job of the day is for Rothwell to fire his agent. Made him look a proper dick. Second job of the day is to man up and face his team mates and apologise. Third job is to tear up other teams on the pitch and help get us promoted. No time to retreat into his shell out of embarrassment. We need all guns blazing, let's do these feckers. COYB.

• Like 8

Right enough of that snake, we need a Travis replacement for when injured, a Rothwell replacement for when injured or crying and a striker ASAP. And a left back. And possibly a goalkeeper. 

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Seems Ewood and India are not in sink, we have been here so many times.

There is no way Venkys sanction a transfer to a direct rival, its a £200 million decision, and regardless of what they'd like to do at Ewood, you have to be pretty good of making a case for Bouremouth.

Rovers should of played this behind closed doors, regardless of players request to speak to a club.

Hundreds of players linked with moves all over the world today but how many of their clubs have come out publically and stated the player has asked to speak to them, totally compromising the idea of any deal falling through and the player being reintegrated into the squad.

We are gearing up for the Premier League on the pitch, but off the pitch we are again showing why we are amateurish at best and need better in that boardroom 

What a monumental cock Joe is 

The only possible reason Tony Mowbray had for releasing that information is that it was true. Lips are generally quite tight sealed regarding transfers at the moment so it was a surprise to see the openness of this. Imo it is quite clear Rothwell made a stink about leaving, and that lead everyone to believe it was inevitable.  

Fair play for the owners standing by their guns but you are probably right in that disconnect. Poor showing all round and I bet Rovers feel daft today but I bet Joe feels worse. 

• Like 2

Just now, islander200 said:

The post I quoted

As it stands, the only player we have really been linked to is Giles from Wolves whilst Hedges has arrived earlier than expected.

No names have ever been mentioned apart from speculative shots at Healy and Maja, noting definitive on either.

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I think Mowbray was right to tell Rovers fans how it was with Rothwell, why shouldnt the club be open with its fans in this new found way of BRFC?

Because of exactly this reason? All Bournemouth had to do after Mowbray’s interview was to pull out of the deal last minute and it was job done.

• Like 1

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

What a monumental cock Joe is 

The only possible reason Tony Mowbray had for releasing that information is that it was true. Lips are generally quite tight sealed regarding transfers at the moment so it was a surprise to see the openness of this. Imo it is quite clear Rothwell made a stink about leaving, and that lead everyone to believe it was inevitable.  

Fair play for the owners standing by their guns but you are probably right in that disconnect. Poor showing all round and I bet Rovers feel daft today but I bet Joe feels worse. 

I think Joe perhaps hasnt realised just how tight this Rovers outfit is and how much he will have rocked that boat by declining to play whilst wanting to speak elsewhere.

• Like 1

I don’t recall seeing a bigger mugging off, they have made a fool of you Joe. If he’s travelled down there too sign and they’ve said, Just kidding, fancy Cantwell at the 11th hour, wow that’s embarrassing.

However that plays out, if he stays then I wouldn’t expect much, perfect excuse for Tony and team.

We need Giles, CM and ST minimum, thats if Rothwell stays.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Im a bit confused... is it Bournemouth who has called the deal of or is it Rovers???

Bournemouth’s end says they called it off to pursue Keiffer Moore instead. In English that means we didn’t want you, we never did, enjoy your next 4 months.

3 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

As it stands, the only player we have really been linked to is Giles from Wolves whilst Hedges has arrived earlier than expected.

No names have ever been mentioned apart from speculative shots at Healy and Maja, noting definitive on either.

Apart from Mowbray telling the media we were close to a foreign forward you mean?

• Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Bournemouth’s end says they called it off to pursue Keiffer Moore instead. In English that means we didn’t want you, we never did, enjoy your next 4 months.

Woow....opting for Moore instead is an insulting in a way....

Mowbray was just getting his ducks in a row so he didn't take the flak for selling a player out the blue if it went through.

He's a crafty sod is Tony iv'e said it a thousand times there's more going on there than just the genial humble honest guy routine we saw plenty evidence of that last season. I'm not saying i blame him because ultimately it's Rothwell and his agents at the center of it all.  However standing there and saying 'he's injured then his head isn't in it' then ' i don't want our fans coming down hard on him but hes asked to speak to another.'

Well, the bus was approaching wasn't it.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Little bit frustrating that our rivals are going to spend money (whom that it is isn't completely clear at this point) whereas we are cheaping out again. Why don't we gamble and go for it? In the summer if we don't get promoted I daresay BBD can be sold to balance the books..

Could be they’ve already factored the sale of BBD into the future finances. Unless we go up of course.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Well done Joe, fell for the honey trap, the cherries the real winners here 

https://media4.giphy.com/media/zNXvBiNNcrjDW/200.gif

Edited by Tom

Bournemouth in a bit of a rut of form, especially considering the squad they have. Got a panic on and signing umpteen players. It will not help their chemistry as a team at all. Let them scramble