BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I can't imagine much sitting going on for that game.

I hope not - need a vocal away end behind the players for this one. 

I must admit at away games I can't remember the last time I sat in my seat, although usually there's ample room and never been asked to leave. Seems to be an almost unspoken truth that those who wish to sit occupy the lower part of the stand, whereas the standers gravitate more towards the back. I'd always move if someone asked, but usually take my seat at 2:55 and find a free one somewhere that me standing won't inconvenience anyone. 

Feels like the countdown is on for this one now. Hard to know how both teams will be shaping up given the amount of games between now and then, but it is bubbling nicely. 

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

A good day for you today Longers ....

Eventually. A quote I got from friends there at half time was ‘we were w**k’ and ‘worst 45 minutes of the season’.

Barnes goes off and we play with no recognised striker and dismantle them. He’s been a great servant but he’s not right for the way we play now. Still we got there in the end - as did you though it seemed you were being pushed towards the end.

It’s increasingly looking like the derby will have more than just bragging rights riding on it, could even be a top of the table clash!

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Eventually. A quote I got from friends there at half time was ‘we were w**k’ and ‘worst 45 minutes of the season’.

Barnes goes off and we play with no recognised striker and dismantle them. He’s been a great servant but he’s not right for the way we play now. Still we got there in the end - as did you though it seemed you were being pushed towards the end.

It’s increasingly looking like the derby will have more than just bragging rights riding on it, could even be a top of the table clash!

You should have reminded your friends that you were playing against a Tony "capitulate" Mowbray team 😄

• Like 7

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Media suggesting Villa are sniffing around Kompany - https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-kompany-sources/

Suspect it's absolute made up b******s, no sources etc but I guess we can expect these stories if he continues doing well with us.

Can’t see it myself. He’s only been there a dog watch. What would that say about him to future prospective employees.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Can’t see it myself. He’s only been there a dog watch. What would that say about him to future prospective employees.

54 minutes ago, rigger said:

That he is ambitious.

26 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

My mate is a Burnley fan and that is his biggest fear....

Kompany is ambitious - he also has an absolutely clear plan for his career. It would be a big risk for Villa - though one Wolves were willing to take with Beale at QPR. After Wolves were turned down Villa would only move if they were certain he'd take the job.  I doubt there is anything in it but over time, assuming he keeps delivering as he is for us, these links will only increase. Unless he bombs with us then I doubt he will be with us more than 3 seasons but I'm not sure he will be looking to move just yet.

32 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

So I take it we've made it to phase 3? Didn't expect it at all but guess I can still potentially get a ticket if it does....

No idea how the website will cope though if its online sales only?

It was always going to phase 3 because there are only 2000 1875 members and 2275 tickets.

Heard there's around 300 left for tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It was always going to phase 3 because there are only 2000 1875 members and 2275 tickets.

Heard there's around 300 left for tomorrow.

I'm only going off what was posted on here.

Any ideas what time they'll be available online from? Am I staying up till midnight or will they be live for like 9am do we think?

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Any ideas what time they'll be available online from? Am I staying up till midnight or will they be live for like 9am do we think?

Rovers tweeted just after 9am yesterday morning about Phase 2 being open, so presuming 9am tomorrow morning too. I'll be ready for it too praying I can get a couple of tickets.

54 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

In the past away tickets haven't come on line, till after 09:00 on the day of sale.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Nah they don’t go live till 2pm mate. Have a lie in, enjoy your breakfast. Have a late lunch. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Same to everyone else reading this 😝😝😝

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1