BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Probably most of them I would imagine. I can't see there being large queues of teams after singing any of them....last time they managed to recoup some money as they had saleable assets like Pope, McNeil, Cornet and Collins, this time ermmmmm

I don't know cos I don't know alot of their players now cos they have changed from last season squad. 

I look at how Arsenal put them to the sword and think how massive the gap is between the mega clubs and the also rans. It’s getting noticeably bigger every year in my opinion. Then I look at Luton and think well maybe we would have a chance if only we could get the Chicken Chokers to behave like normal owners. Forlorn hope I know.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look at how Arsenal put them to the sword and think how massive the gap is between the mega clubs and the also rans. It’s getting noticeably bigger every year in my opinion. Then I look at Luton and think well maybe we would have a chance if only we could get the Chicken Chokers to behave like normal owners. Forlorn hope I know.

they don`t help themselves by trying to outfootball superior sides,that never ends well and they`ve been trying all season,it was gross stupidity  to try and match up against arsenal,but hey,im`e loving it😂

• Like 5

Another 3-0 battering for Burnley at the weekend - even Radio Lancashire think they're down now. 

Are they in massive financial trouble do we think? Spent £110m on absolute duds after spending £40m to win the league last year. They surely won't get anything like the money they spent back on those players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be interesting to see if Kompany will be there next season and what the squad actually is and will it suit the Championship. 

This squad currently is very different to the one that actually got promoted. 

the wage bill have to be cut massively and in all honesty,there won`t be a great demand for any of them,vincent has spent an awful lot of money on **** players and big contracts🤣

• Like 1

The gap between the parachute teams and the rest is becoming bigger and they have players like Zaroury and Twine who excelled at this level to come back, as well as players like Benson, Muric, Ekdal, Al-Dakhil and Cullen who have struggled for game time in the Prem. They have also signed players like Berge and O'Shea who are very good at Championship level but not quite up to it in the Prem. Sadly they will probably be back right at the top when they come down.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be interesting to see if Kompany will be there next season and what the squad actually is and will it suit the Championship. 

This squad currently is very different to the one that actually got promoted. 

He signed a lucrative 5 year contract so they may stick with him. How are their finances after spending all that cash?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The gap between the parachute teams and the rest is becoming bigger and they have players like Zaroury and Twine who excelled at this level to come back, as well as players like Benson, Muric, Ekdal, Al-Dakhil and Cullen who have struggled for game time in the Prem. They have also signed players like Berge and O'Shea who are very good at Championship level but not quite up to it in the Prem. Sadly they will probably be back right at the top when they come down.

Sad but true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Sad but true.

I don't see that we have any option but to stick with VK, and the " project " ...

Most fans know that the players we've signed haven't come to Burnley for the massive wages or the honour, they're here because of Kompany and his reputation. If the board dismissed him, you'd have a very unsettled group of players. Relegation clauses in their contracts should see us OK when we go down, but we may need to sell a couple ...

12 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I don't see that we have any option but to stick with VK, and the " project " ...

Most fans know that the players we've signed haven't come to Burnley for the massive wages or the honour, they're here because of Kompany and his reputation. If the board dismissed him, you'd have a very unsettled group of players. Relegation clauses in their contracts should see us OK when we go down, but we may need to sell a couple ...

We’re all rooting for VK on here.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

If the dingles win every game from now in, they will get to 40 points.

The only question left is whether we will make it double M65 misery...

With 11 still to play their max points is 46. However about 30 could well be enough depending on the points deduction for Forest and possibly more for Everton. At home they've got mostly fellow strugglers - including Forest in the final match - and midtable teams. Unlikely but certainly not impossible as it stands.

Last season Kompany inherited an experienced core of a Premier league squad, and then spent £30 million on top. Teams set up against them not to lose. 

This season, despite spending £100 million, he's come up against better teams who go into games with Burnley licking their lips and expecting to win. 

Rocket science it isn't. 

Edited by M_B

You’ve got to admire Luton, they’ve spent about one tenth of that and they’ve gone down fighting. Win, lose or draw they’ve gone for it. If we ever by some miracle get rid of the “ added degree of difficulty “ that are the Chicken Chokers that’s the way I’d like to see Rovers go about the task.

• Like 3