BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Backroom

Annoying late comeback for them today doing what we failed to, only consolation is Luton and Everton both got a point as well in tougher games (on paper) and it’s a game they would have wanted 3 points in 

Arsenal fans today:

‘Who put the ball in the burnley net, half the fooking team did’

You can imagine the foaming mouths in the cricket field stand, or at least the ones that bothered to go.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Sadly the parachute payments mean that you can waste £110m in one season and still be ok in the Championship.

Realistically Burnley should be stuffed - they'll just bounce back up next year. 

Yeah probably. let's just enjoy this season though as it's not if but when.

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm glad you're so certain ... I'm not !! 

You're just caught up in the week to week misery.

A season in the Champ will be a whole different story.

Fair play for surfacing here after a pasting. 

Your pal seems to have gone awol this season. Weird, cos he was a regular last year. 😉

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Enjoyed MOTD this morning, my God some of their defending was hopeless.

Their goalie gets a lot of stick, but for that penalty, he really should be saving that.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Enjoyed MOTD this morning, my God some of their defending was hopeless.

Their goalie gets a lot of stick, but for that penalty, he really should be saving that.

That was a strange signing for me. They could have had  Kaminski for a quarter of what they paid for the lad from City and at the moment he’s a better keeper.

I find so much of what is going on there absolutely mental. Kompany basically bosses the giggling nervous owner (hedge fund manager) around and gets whatever he wants.

I speak to mates who are Dingles and they say he has earned another year after last season. So they want to judge him whilst smashing the Championship again as they have the strongest squad?!?

He gets given incredible amounts of cash for players by insisting they will ALL increase in value. It just does not happen like that in the Premier League, in struggling sides not many players excel. The owner has fallen hook, line and sinker for all of Kompanys big talk.

• Like 2

There’s a really interesting article in my Sunday paper, “  The Observer “ regarding trends in modern football. It’s about a very successful young Canadian professional gambler who has bought Spanish 3rd tier Castellon. It’s full of the sort of stuff only Americans can spout. I can see other American owners a bit nearer home thinking the same ideas. It’s all very data driven and focussed on developing young players, presumably to sell on. At one point he says - “ I won’t throw €350,000 at some 35 year old “ . Well sometimes you need the odd 35 year old in the team.

He also says “ A long cross is a very low EV ( expected value ) . Passes in the box is a useful metric to teach the best value shot “. That sounds a lot like the way we were playing until recently. Not always with a great deal of success.

One thing that did make me smile - “ Many owners don’t know what they’re doing and the real goal of decision makers is to keep their jobs “. 
Mm, that sounds very.familiar.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many of these new signings will stay in the Championship?

Probably most of them I would imagine. I can't see there being large queues of teams after singing any of them....last time they managed to recoup some money as they had saleable assets like Pope, McNeil, Cornet and Collins, this time ermmmmm

As much as we enjoy their demise,in the cold light of day they will be one of the favourites to bounce straight back up,flush with Parachute money and in the Black.

We will hopelessly look on as our best Players are sold to keep the Ewood lights on.Galling and some...I would swap the Dingles Owners for the hapless Venkys in a Heartbeat.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

As much as we enjoy their demise,in the cold light of day they will be one of the favorites to bounce straight back up,flush with parachute money and in the black.

We will hopelessly look on as our best Players are sold to keep the Ewood lights on.Galling and some.

Let's just enjoy the demise for now. 

Seeing them lose 5-0 at turd moor is always joyful, especially at the moment. The only positive thing happening