BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Trafford goes down far too easily. Heard the clip of the Burnley fan in tears on Talk Sport, claiming that the goalkeeper had it covered....he was nowhere near it! It was a half hearted attempt to get the ball and he goes down like someone has dropped a boulder on him.

Despite that, my biggest takeaway from last nights game was how much I miss Kaminski as our goalkeeper 😭.

• Like 3

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Put it simple I’d be more annoyed at it being chalked off for us than if it would of been given against us

Weird isn't it.

Football Focus had it down as a definite foul too (Ellen White, Stephen Warnock).

They stopped protecting keepers like that years ago. If you go into the keeper, yes, a sneeze is a foul. But if the keeper goes into you (which happened here imo) they give much more leeway nowadays. 

It's a 50/50 call at best for me. But many are calling it a stonewall foul. Football opinions are odd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Trafford goes down far too easily. Heard the clip of the Burnley fan in tears on Talk Sport, claiming that the goalkeeper had it covered....he was nowhere near it! It was a half hearted attempt to get the ball and he goes down like someone has dropped a boulder on him.

Despite that, my biggest takeaway from last nights game was how much I miss Kaminski as our goalkeeper 😭.

Pears can pass it out better though.......

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Yes I think the official " Head to Head " only includes Football League, FA and League Cups and two Anglo-Scottish Cup games. If you include those two, Burnley lead 44-41-19, without them, it's 43-41-18 ...

We've obviously met many other times, with fixtures before the League started, Lancashire Cup ties, Manx trophy etc ... We're all lucky to follow two great Clubs with fantastic histories ... 

Ah, SC, please don't pop in the board without giving us your opinion on the goal/potential foul in the Burnley thread. 

What's your non-tinted glasses view?

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ah, SC, please don't pop in the board without giving us your opinion on the goal/potential foul in the Burnley thread. 

What's your non-tinted glasses view?

I think that would usually have been given as a foul in the modern game, 95 times out of 100 .... however, once the Referee didn't give it, it's not a " clear and obvious " error, and the VAR officials couldn't intervene. If the Referee had given it on the field of play, then VAR wouldn't even have reviewed it ... What do you think, again with a non-tinted glasses view ? 😉

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I think that would usually have been given as a foul in the modern game, 95 times out of 100 .... however, once the Referee didn't give it, it's not a " clear and obvious " error, and the VAR officials couldn't intervene. If the Referee had given it on the field of play, then VAR wouldn't even have reviewed it ... What do you think, again with a non-tinted glasses view ? 😉

See my posts above.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed....hard.

But trying to look neutrally, still don't think it's a wrong/bad decision. 

Var looked at replay about 10 times, and I think the theatrical way Trafford went down worked against you. Var/viewers aren't stupid. You can tell when a player has been 'taken out' and when one has just flung themselves to the floor to try and buy one.

I'm actually very surprised how many people/pundits have a completely opposite opinion to me. Suppose we all see things differently. 

Or maybe it's just my unconscious bias. 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

See my posts above.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed....hard.

But trying to look neutrally, still don't think it's a wrong/bad decision. 

Var looked at replay about 10 times, and I think the theatrical way Trafford went down worked against you. Var/viewers aren't stupid. You can tell when a player has been 'taken out' and when one has just flung themselves to the floor to try and buy one.

I'm actually very surprised how many people/pundits have a completely opposite opinion to me. Suppose we all see things differently. 

Or maybe it's just my unconscious bias. 🤷🏻‍♂️

No, the other factor was that Trafford had got on the wrong side of the Referee already by some rather cynical time-wasting tactics for which he'd already been booked, he was in no mood to give him a soft free kick ... 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

No, the other factor was that Trafford had got on the wrong side of the Referee already by some rather cynical time-wasting tactics for which he'd already been booked, he was in no mood to give him a soft free kick ... 

I don’t get this flopping on the floor every time you catch the ball ? WTF is that all about. He’s probably not the only one but I just don’t get it.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t get this flopping on the floor every time you catch the ball ? WTF is that all about. He’s probably not the only one but I just don’t get it.

Our U21s keeper did exactly the same

Last season Trafford played for Bolton. In their semi final with Accrington in the EFL cup, Trafford barrelled out of his area and completely went through a Stanley player, Liam Coyle. Never mind a free kick, booking or whatever, he should have been interviewed by the Police. Coyle sufferers facial fractures and was out for months. Trafford thinks he's above the law and that everything should be in his favour. Tiny little touch and he goes over, but as far as he's concerned he clutter everyone else. Disgraceful.

Edited by DanLad

• 2 weeks later...

Former Dingle Joey Barton, who has been on a one man mission to become the most controversial person on Twitter has now dragged Rovers into the mix, after the Rovers admin (perhaps regrettably so now) commented on one of Barton's tweets.

How it started:

And it continues:

Apologies for the tweet spam.

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Former Dingle Joey Barton, who has been on a one man mission to become the most controversial person on Twitter has now dragged Rovers into the mix, after the Rovers admin (perhaps regrettably so now) commented on one of Barton's tweets.

How it started:

And it continues:

Apologies for the tweet spam.

Fair play to the Rovers twitter account for taking him on. His views are popular with a lot of fans but he never impressed me as a player, even less as a half-baked philosopher, and not at all as a pound shop Tommy Robinson. He was a bully when he was a player and he’s still a bully now. 

• Like 2

I have no idea what any of that was supposed to be about. What’s his point supposed to be.  What was he talking about before randomly showing a video of Blackburn school kids ? Why did that then turn into an attack on Blackburn’s community about praying and the state of our pitch ? Then went off about our current form. Seriously what the fuck is he on about 😂

• Like 2

He played for Burnley. He played for Rangers. He comes from a family of racist murderers. Does it get any lower than that? Why on earth anyone should take any notice of what that half-witted scouse cunt says is beyond me.

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead

He’s an absolutely vile cretin that, along with all the above, once stubbed out a cigar in a youth team player’s eye at Man City. He’s clearly spent all his Bristol Rovers severance pay on nose beers and he’s going on a rant, cancelling himself.

Fuck that guy, now, forever and always.

Prick.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He played for Burnley. He played for Rangers. He comes from a family of racist murderers. Does it get any lower than that? Why on earth anyone should take any notice of what that half-witted scouse cunt says is beyond me.

I’m not sure he has even half a wit.

• Like 2