SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why wouldn't Rothwell play?

Because:
-He might get sold(abroad)
-His commitment till the end of the season might be questioned by some,
-He might not want to risk getting himself injured if he doesn't want to stay here once the season is over etc.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am an optimist. Rothwell shows some bollocks, and powers the Rovers to promotion, with the help of Dack who returns at the begining of March and scores 10 goals, in the last eleven games. 

Can't tell if you are being serious or not tbf

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Stinks of desperation. Parker's gonna do a Tony Tombola on matchday and hope it spits out a winning formula cos he's fecking clueless.

I agree he's overloading the squad in the hope it clicks by the looks of it. Defo sends a message to the current team what he thinks of them when realistically in November they were looking a sure thing but Parker and the players really made a mess of it

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Sounds like we didn't want to sell him to Charlton. I see that as a positive sign. 

Thought that was a loan. If we are loaning to him to the Scottish second tier I'm sorry but I don't see how he goes on to make it here like that and therefore I'd rather sell him if that was on the table.

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Freddie Woodman 

Todd Cantwell 

Nat Phillips 

Dembele 

Keiffer Moore 

All signed or being finalised and fee agreed.

This can so easily go the wrong way. Piss the existing players off and create a bit of bad blood in the camp and the wheels could come off.

I know it helps, but money does not guarantee success.

I am wondering if there tactics with JR were to create bad blood at Ewood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Thought that was a loan. If we are loaning to him to the Scottish second tier I'm sorry but I don't see how he goes on to make it here like that and therefore I'd rather sell him if that was on the table.

Perhaps he is home-sick ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I swear I read earlier via Sharpe or similar that Giles was expected to be done sooner rather than later today. And that was first thing this morning!

Even that is seeming a bit of an uphill battle to get over the line it would seem.

Always seems to be the case, our signings always seem to drag on. I expect it is to do with our convoluted processes and chain of command.

4 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

you have to wonder if the rothwell bid was to unsettle the player and the squad

The way it has been handled has certainly upset some fans. Another example of : A little knowledge can be dangerous.

Edited by rigger

18 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Freddie Woodman 

Todd Cantwell 

Nat Phillips 

Dembele 

Keiffer Moore 

All signed or being finalised and fee agreed.

Three of those are very good players who will make a difference, turn draws into victories

Bournemouth showing how it should be down to get over the line. Second automatic spot has been decided 

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Three of those are very good players who will make a difference, turn draws into victories

Bournemouth showing how it should be down to get over the line. Second automatic spot has been decided 

Completely ignoring the fact that they have had a far better squad than us all season and are still behind us. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Quality signings at this level. But how do you keep them all happy with size of squad they already have. Also. Who's getting axed from there 25 man squad

I'm sure they have a few bits of deadwood they can push out. Hopefully the incomings upset a few of the regular starters 🤣

Phillips and Cantwell ain't coming to warm the bench.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Even worse. They are the third tier of Scottish football! And it has been confirmed.

• Like 1

Decent signings by Bournemouth but surely the number of them, shows he isn't happy with his squad and how they are playing. We played them off the park not long back and their result's have been poor. It smacks of desperation to me. We have made and need maybe a couple more smart signings. Giles would be a start and would calm everyone down a bit 😅 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 2