BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Butterworth out with no striker in seems mental to me. I understand he was hardly setting the world alight but we are clearly lacking in attacking options at the moment.

Who'd know Butterworth wasn't on the field? The lad fills a shirt and that's about it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I do believe we tried for the ambitious targets mentioned in the last hour or two, don't know how close we got or if there was ever a realistic chance of getting them, but in the final analysis it's results that count.

Only in the last couple of hours? There had been whispers about them for days, seems like setting ourselves up for failure if we only tried at the last minute.

This feels like a turning point

In the highly unlikely event that we get through to the end of the season without any injuries / suspensions or loss of form by key players we could still make the play-offs

If we do get any of the above I think we'll slowly slip down the league

It's a shame because with 2 or 3 top signings we could have had a good go at the top 2 from where we stand. 

As it is, I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance now

• Like 5

Butterworth going makes sense for me. If he's ever going to useful to us, he needs to progress from the odd promising cameo and actually show that he can start games and score goals. No point staying here for 20-30 minutes here and there.

Also, assuming we play the same system from here onwards, we have BBD, Khadra, Hedges, Gally and Dolan fighting for two spots upfront. Several options to play in the Buckley role too. I would've liked reinforcements, but in the absence of that it's still right to get him playing and seeing if he can progress.

• Like 3

Side note I’ve just read Liverpool couldn’t sign Carvalho from Fulham because “the EFL don’t accept deal sheets”. I know Sharpe has already confirmed it, but that confirms it will be Gilks only. 

Just now, J*B said:

Side note I’ve just read Liverpool couldn’t sign Carvalho from Fulham because “the EFL don’t accept deal sheets”. I know Sharpe has already confirmed it, but that confirms it will be Gilks only. 

Giles mate

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Giles mate

Sorry, my phone autocorrects it because “Gilks” is a piece of equipment used at work. Its 11:24pm and I’m tired and I’ll be really honest my friend, I’m going to stick with it. 

Why did Venkys buy our club and what do they get from it?

The only chance of them getting a chunk of their money back is to return to the Premier League. Now is the best chance they may ever have of promotion but today just shows a lack of ambition!

One plus for them is stopping Rothwell signing for Bournemouth, but Mowbrays comments after Luton were disgraceful. Venkys aren't happy at this episode and will make their feelings known. Waggott and company aren't fit for purpose and need removing asap.

• Like 3

For Butterworth himself I think a move to League One and regular games is the right thing for him and his career. No issue with that.

I'm just baffled at the logic from Rovers point of view given that is now three attack minded players out the door today and none in. Walking a tightrope to avoid more injuries and suspensions because there are now even less options to fall upon. Of course Dack returning might be a bonus but it seems risky to be expecting him to be a significant contributor given the length of his absence and nature of his injury. 

• Like 1

I think the club have made a mistake by letting so many fringe players leave. We should have kept at least one of Chapman, Butterworth or McBride. None of them have cut it at first team level but I think we need numbers. Our high intensity game will result in injuries, especially, to forwards - as we are seeing with the hamstring issues several players are facing, including in the U23s. Hedges has had hamstring injury early this season too. I think, we should have kept Carter too, as others have said. Time will tell.

Edited by riverholmes

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Sorry, my phone autocorrects it because “Gilks” is a piece of equipment used at work. Its 11:24pm and I’m tired and I’ll be really honest my friend, I’m going to stick with it. 

🤣 

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Butterworth going makes sense for me. If he's ever going to useful to us, he needs to progress from the odd promising cameo and actually show that he can start games and score goals. No point staying here for 20-30 minutes here and there.

Also, assuming we play the same system from here onwards, we have BBD, Khadra, Hedges, Gally and Dolan fighting for two spots upfront. Several options to play in the Buckley role too. I would've liked reinforcements, but in the absence of that it's still right to get him playing and seeing if he can progress.

Absolutely….Buckley and Dack to rotate in the false 9 role. BBD, Khadra, Gally, Hedges and Dolan in the wide forwards role.

Giles provides cover for Pickering and Edun covers CM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I can’t be the only one thinking that even if Rothwell had gone they’d have still buggered up bringing a replacement in.

We’re fighting to be a premier league team on the pitch yet we’re a non league outfit off it.

We're run by Waggott and Pasha - what qualifies either of those two to run an operation of this size and stature? Tells us all we need to know.

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, Tom said:

So here we are, nearly 10 am and so far Rothwell is having a lovely day out by the seaside but looks likely to be coming home tomorrow 

What do people expect the day to bring?

Narrator: “nothing happened”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely….Buckley and Dack to rotate in the false 9 role. BBD, Khadra, Gally, Hedges and Dolan in the wide forwards role.

Giles provides cover for Pickering and Edun covers CM. 

6 of those 8 current players are injured 

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I can’t be the only one thinking that even if Rothwell had gone they’d have still buggered up bringing a replacement in.

We’re fighting to be a premier league team on the pitch yet we’re a non league outfit off it.

Why? genuine question and I'm extremely 'au fait' with the past 10 year history in general.

I'd like to know what brings you to that conclusion now in 2022 because I just don't see it.....perhaps I'm missing something?

Please enlighten me in detail what you see that I clearly don't ...... (the same question applies to anyone else of like mind)

I'd really like to know in order to consider others' perspectives in the here and now.

For the avoidance of doubt, I won't personally be getting embroiled in a debate but I am intrigued.

Thanks.

Edited by darrenrover

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just heard from my mole at brockhall that giles has turned round at keele services and is now heading south to bournemouth,the ***** have hijacked the deal and he`s now going there instead👿

☹️