BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 5/2/22

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Buckley should stay in the changing room, he's hopless tonight. Passing is off, touch is non existent and shooting... well. 

Can't have the key player in this formation be so off form.

Is he fragile mentally? I get you need to protect younger players but he never seems to get hooked when required. Will Tony have the balls to do it now? Looking at that miss again, criminal!

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Buckley should stay in the changing room, he's hopless tonight. Passing is off, touch is non existent and shooting... well. 

Can't have the key player in this formation be so off form.

I’m not convinced by Buckley in the false 9 role at all. He was at his best for us when he was playing deeper, where he was more active defensively and focused on making the right pass. He’s not much of a goal scorer though and we have very little threat with him in the middle.

Really need to consider where his place in the team should be to get the most out of him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought he was,must be mowbray logic to play him out of position!!!should teamed up with nyambe,we`de have some monster pace down that side on the overlap,the lad looks like he has a serious engine

Likely due to the fact we don’t have another option. Giles could play there but then who plays left?  Clearly Diaz and Khadra are deemed not fit for 90 min. JRC was worse, Ayala and Johnson can’t do it…

8 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

You watch this dross and it's clear this team was riding momentum which has well and truly gone. Play like this for the rest of the month and you can forget about 6th, nevermind 2nd. 

Question is, has Tony got the nous to sort it?

We've ridden a striker converting chances at an unsustainable rate - whilst keeping clean sheets. 

We always needed a Plan B if we wanted to challenge for promotion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

Think half of our fan base have sleepwalked through the last 3 months .

Buckley playing in the middle has been instrumental to our run. 

But today he's been shite 😕 

Only fans on this site, about 10 of them, you’re spot on Rochdale. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigBar said:

Is he fragile mentally? I get you need to protect younger players but he never seems to get hooked when required. Will Tony have the balls to do it now? Looking at that miss again, criminal!

Just don’t think he’s great at finishing. Certainly a part of his game that needs improvement. It’ll come, just not this season. 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought he was,must be mowbray logic to play him out of position!!!should teamed up with nyambe,we`de have some monster pace down that side on the overlap,the lad looks like he has a serious engine

He played him there last match and it didn't work out. He's a right wing back or nothing I think.

• Like 1

Remember after an utter dire first half at home in the early part of the season with Buckely in same position and thinking how on earth could we score or win. That game it was 0-0 t half time. Second half, up pops BB with a goal out of nowhere and the goal totally changes. Hmm.

Buckley should be off for being a prima donna as someone mentioned (or 2 yellows.)

• Like 1

When people say Buckley has been outstanding this season and one of our better players and highlight this over and over...I'd say Kaminski, Lenihan, Van Hecke, Wharton, Rothwell and Diaz have had better seasons and arguably Nyambe who has had an average season. Trav has had a poor season.