BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

7 minutes ago, toogs said:

He’s good at breaking the wrong sort of records is Tone. 

Our only hope - the other record he broke was prior to our winning streak.

I had a nasty feeling when the referee bottled giving a second yellow to Berge.

Definitely not deserved - but we aren't getting the rub of the green at the moment

I have to say, if we fail to score in 5 games in the bounce, we do not deserve any success. Most fans will feel deflated after this. Where we go from here who knows, but it feels like the season will end with a whimper. I can see us going on with this goal drought too, as I simply don’t see where the next goal is coming from. 

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Did ANYONE on this board see the football we played, both before and after the red card?

I'm as pissed off as anyone by the result, but if we continue to play like that, we'll be fine.

And that starts in 3 days.

Facts are facts. We were dominant, against a disgracefully desperate team of cynical cloggers.

I've been critical of our performances since Xmas, but this was sooo much better...

My worry about (absolute) zero composure in front of goal remains, and that may continue to derail us, but if we play like tonight for the rest of the season, we will be at Wembley.

Bring on QPR. Even more important, after tonight's other results 😕.

COYB!

They dominated the first half and should have been ahead. It's back to not being ready when the game kicks off. 

Other than that I agree. But where are the goals going to come from? Need to find the right balance, and as I have posted numerous times I don't like Buckley as a false nine. Gallagher, Buckley and Khadra lack anticipation.

• Like 1

Forget promotion, we won't be within 10 points of the top 6 at the end, in fact we might be out of it by the end of the weekend. The moment it all turned was the missed penalty call & red early at Hull..........instant BAD VIBES.  You could just see it that night: we were done.  More years of semi-meaningless lower divisions football to come & no end in sight.........& get that goddamn devil head off our kits........f*cking Recoverite.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

Who picks them, mate? And the formation. Go out there and be a False 9, Bucko. It's ridiculous and it's gone on for months, without the signings made to offer something different. It is on Tony. And the players' attitudes have also been appalling. So I'll vent my anger at several of them. But ultimately the manager needs to take responsibility for his decisions.

Yeah I can see that the formation isn't working at the moment but I stated before, if you are not played in your preferred positionis it a pass to play shite? No it's not. Basic ball required and countless times Buckley gave it away, you can't say "ah he's not a false 9". I will concede it is a combination to be fair but you can't miss the chances we have in recent games. The manager can't take the pens or put the ball in an open net for them. It's more on the players for me and some more than others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gazzaa2 said:

I don't think the performances are any worse than before Christmas, we just haven't got Ben's goals to carry us. His 20 goals are the only reason we're in the mix.

mowbray has changed the formation from a counter attacking 3/5/2 to 3/4/3,the former gave the two centre forwards plenty of space and buckley or rothwell to get up with them,it created loads of chances and thus plenty of goals,now we have buckley looking lost,rothwell to deep,****** gallagher bumbling about and khadra isolated,there is no out ball because we don`t have a centre forward to hold it up,it comes back at us,a few injuries and tony reverts to type,pretty sure the back four will be back soon,the guy just can`t help himself

12 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis with another anonymous game. 

Couldn't disagree more. Thought he was our best player tonight. Crazy how people view the game that differently. Each to their own though. Can't be arsed arguing in this mood.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Facts are facts. We were dominant, against a disgracefully desperate team of cynical cloggers.

Sorry but that is not a factual statement, it's an opinion. We dominated somewhat once they went down to ten, but they actually had 13 shots to our 11, and 6 on target compared to our 4. We only really had one clear chance which was a long ranger by Pickering of all players. What you saw as dominant I saw as clumsy and mostly ineffective.

These are facts though:

5 games without a goal

2 goals in 9 matches

2 defeats against teams who were down to 10 men in the last 4 matches

9 points from our last 27

Down from 2nd at the start of January, 7 points clear of 7th, to 5th now, out of the top 6 if Boro or potentially Luton (dependent on GD) win their games in hand on us.

Those, unfortunately, are actual facts.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Who picks Buckley and Gallagher?  Who refused to sign a striker? 

Yeah he does but he puts his faith in them and they under perform consistently but unfortunately we don't have many options and I know we should have recruited in January but was that a Mowbray thing or was he given peanuts? We may never know the truth.