BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

4 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Genuine question:

Can anyone point to anything they have seen in the last 8 weeks that gives them any confidence that we might score tonight? 

I'm unable to be my usual blind-optimistic self that I have been before most games in the last 40 years. 

Bizarre, when we are sitting 3rd and the envy of most of the division. 

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !

With Pickering and nyambe back I’m hoping for a clean sheet and an OG or massive deflection . 
COYB

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No new signings in the team even without BBD.. Poor window Mogga

I think this is a good sign, as we said that if we could continue to play the team that got us to 2nd, that would be the ideal plan. 

We just need 2 or 3 of them to rediscover some form!

For me, 50% of that task is down to the manager. That's my worry.....

3 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Genuine question:

Can anyone point to anything they have seen in the last 8 weeks that gives them any confidence that we might score tonight? 

I'm unable to be my usual blind-optimistic self that I have been before most games in the last 40 years. 

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !

When you look back we have had some big chances and created chances in most games. Swansea with had 4 or 5 and missed 2 pretty much open goals. 

Forest we should have been one up with Buckley 8 yards out failing to slot it either side of the keep. 

West Brom we had a big chance from a corner with Wharton and Khadras solo effort was another decent effort.

That's off the top of my head.

• Like 2

Just now, garnersfags said:

Genuine question:

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !

no,i can`t see us scoring,not when you have two centre forwards playing wide and a midfielder who can`t shoot or finish in the middle,the reason we started our winning run was because we had two strikers in a 3/5/2 and they pulled defenders out of position with their movement,tony has now moved to a 3/4/3,buckley is out of position,rothwell is blunted because ends up to deep,gally looks like a sunday league player out wide,khadra is`nt a wide player either,if we score tonight,i`ll be very surprised,there is no goals in this current shape,gone is the forward passing counter attack and back is the possesion game imo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Genuine question:

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !

And we are still in the top 5 for 'goals for' and ahead of tonight's opponents.

But in the absence of the man who has scored half of them its difficult to see where the next one is coming from.

Our best chance is for our CBs to head on target from a set play or an out of the blue cracker from anybody.

With our defence we maybe need just 1......

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

When you look back we have had some big chances and created chances in most games. Swansea with had 4 or 5 and missed 2 pretty much open goals. 

Forest we should have been one up with Buckley 8 yards out failing to slot it either side of the keep. 

West Brom we had a big chance from a corner with Wharton and Khadras solo effort was another decent effort.

That's off the top of my head.

That's what I needed, cheers.

Looking forward to it more now. 

Two pivotal games, that will shape our run-in...

COYB

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

And we are still in the top 5 for 'goals for' and ahead of tonight's opponents.

But in the absence of the man who has scored half of them its difficult to see where the next one is coming from.

Our best chance is for our CBs to head on target from a set play or an out of the blue cracker from anybody.

With our defence we maybe need just 1......

I said earlier, Nyambe gets his 1st Rovers goal tonight! I’m not backing down now

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Genuine question:

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !

We had our great run mainly due to Diaz scoring 20 goals. He then went out of form and he is now injured. We have the same team minus 20 goals. Our main forward is played on the wing and usually can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo. So no, I can’t see where the goals are coming from. If we could possibly find the defensive form we had and greatly improve on corners and free kicks we could progress in the season that way, but it’s usually only Ayala that provides a threat, if the delivery is decent, which 9.5/10 it isn’t. 

Edited by Dan

21 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I think this is a good sign, as we said that if we could continue to play the team that got us to 2nd, that would be the ideal plan. 

We just need 2 or 3 of them to rediscover some form!

For me, 50% of that task is down to the manager. That's my worry.....

This is where I think some are running out of steam...

12 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I said earlier, Nyambe gets his 1st Rovers goal tonight! I’m not backing down now

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

a stunning rocket from 25 yards😆

It’s long overdue! You’d think his first goal will be a belter. I’d be happy with one going in off his arse tonight if it gets us a result. 

• Like 2