BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They rushed him a bit last time by the looks of it when TM was under a bit of pressure so i doubt they'll make the same mistake. We need a fit and firing Dack next season whatever league we end up in.

Rovers SHOULD have got in proper striking additions in Jan.

We brought in players to “ help the lads out “ again. Is Giles any better than Pickering ? Hedges any better than Khadra ? ZwFuik better than Nyambe ? The lad from Spurs any better than Dolan ? 

Last time we were in this position we brought in Berkovic who went straight into the first team and ran the show for us in midfield. One class act that made all the difference.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We brought in players to “ help the lads out “ again. Is Giles any better than Pickering ? Hedges any better than Khadra ? ZwFuik better than Nyambe ? The lad from Spurs any better than Dolan ? 

Last time we were in this position we brought in Berkovic who went straight into the first team and ran the show for us in midfield. One class act that made all the difference.

Yep and all we really needed was a decent striking option up top just to try and complete the jigsaw. Like i said before though our premium signing is Gallagher and TM will play that right sided forward fiddle until he finally gets a tune out of it.

I refuse to believe these owners wouldn't have backed him had he wanted to go down the loan route of a striker. I don't think he wanted to, they looked at Maja and probably a few others but option B  (TMs favoured option) would always have been multi positional squaddies.

Giles and Zefuik i can understand but Hedges ?   Just one for ones sake i think.

People go on about FFP as an excuse not to spend but there's a few quid tied up in those 4 signings in terms of wages, fees and signing on.   

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep and all we really needed was a decent striking option up top just to try and complete the jigsaw. Like i said before though our premium signing is Gallagher and TM will play that right sided forward fiddle until he finally gets a tune out of it.

I refuse to believe these owners wouldn't have backed him had he wanted to go down the loan route of a striker. I don't think he wanted to, they looked at Maja and probably a few others but option B  (TMs favoured option) would always have been multi positional squaddies.

Giles and Zefuik i can understand but Hedges ?   Just one for ones sake i think.

People go on about FFP as an excuse not to spend but there's a few quid tied up in those 4 signings in terms of wages, fees and signing on.   

Hedges had something to do with Brother Mogadon I'm sure.....always a little tickle for people he knows from Moga

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I don't think anyone is saying Dack should be playing any significant part in the game.

However if we need a goal in the last 5 or so minutes we will end up with some weird attacking formation and sticking balls in the box whenever we can. We saw it at Swansea a couple of games ago.  Dack's biggest attribute, for all his technical ability, has been his timing and finding space in the box. If he's played in several under23 games, I'm fairly sure he can physically and mentally cope with a 5 minute cameo. I'd rather the ball dropped to him 8 yards out than Ayala being chucked up top.

Don't be silly. Ayala's in the midst of another mid-season break. We won't see him before mid-March.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Yes, another striker would’ve been huge. 
I love our defending, I guess we will have to hope we get a plucky goal today from someone we do not normally expect to score.

Nyambe?!  Could this be it, the day Nyambe gets his 1st Rovers goal? It couldn’t come at a more welcome time. 

• Like 1

I know we’ve had to many draws and not enough wins recently but Jesus I’d take a draw tonight and then a win Saturday against QPR. Have a feeling we’re in for a really tough night tonight. Shit time to be playing them and a good time for them to be playing us, hopefully the championship does what it does and throws up a surprise result. We can hope anyway lads 👍🏻

• Like 1

It’s big this in terms of our season and I hope and pray, we come back with something.

I’ve created a gap behind the sofa to hide behind, put my lucky boxers on and let the wife have a glass of wine.

If there is anything else I can think of to please the football gods, I will do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Love that to happen but I'd have to take the glue you're sniffing

So nervous about this;  go behind early we're so poor at the moment we could be on the end of a 4-0 drubbing

No arguments that we look toothless once going behind, but I think losing 4-0 is (nearly) as unlikely as winning by that sort of scoreline. Our attack has been off, but we're still a very solid team. 

That said, a loss by the odd goal is looking like a decent bet, so I'd take a draw in a heartbeat!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Been otherwise occupied but watching this one tonight. Got the feeling that if we get the first goal we will cruise in to a solid 3-0.

In other news and since I`m a bit behind on the news…..when will Pickering be back? And Dack?

Pickering - was down to start last Saturday.

Dack - not for a few weeks yet in my opinion

41 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Been otherwise occupied but watching this one tonight. Got the feeling that if we get the first goal we will cruise in to a solid 3-0.

In other news and since I`m a bit behind on the news…..when will Pickering be back? And Dack?

After your initial statement when I saw you say “in other news” I was expecting you to say that you’d recently been sectioned. 😂

• Like 1

Its strange, I have always been against the mindset of being a promotion challenger and going to away games content with a point before a ball has been kicked. We shouldn't be going anywhere (especially any team below us) when genuinely chasing promotion and hoping desperately for anything other than defeat.

That being said, it is hard not to feel that Sheffield United are a very strong proposition. I always was wary of them when they were 10th or 11th with games in hand because they have a very strong squad, and I do fear that we don't really have goals in us.

• Like 2

Have to be realistic about tonight much as it's hard to be...gonna be a tough tough game. Really need the front 3/5 to step up. Getting away with below par performances for the last 6 or so games.

Need to start shooting from range occasionally, testing the keeper, pressuring him from corners

• Like 1

Need to stop the rot. Buckley needs to get the finger out and get on the scoresheet more regularly. Rothwell needs to get his form back too. Rocket up the arse for the whole team tonight. Shades of the old underwhelming rovers in recent years appearing even after a very impressive first half of the season. Step up lads!

• Like 2

Genuine question:

Can anyone point to anything they have seen in the last 8 weeks that gives them any confidence that we might score tonight? 

I'm unable to be my usual blind-optimistic self that I have been before most games in the last 40 years. 

Bizarre, when we are sitting 3rd and the envy of most of the division. 

Honest answers, please. 

C O Y B ! !