BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

So what are everyone's thoughts on what we should do this summer, all hypothetical of course, but my wish list would be:

Sell

Diaz - £15m (personally think he's at his highest market value and we should cash in)

Gallagher - £1m (sorry but he's just never really done it for us)

Buy / loan

1 x GK as under study to Kaminski

2 x central defenders (ideally one that can play RB)

1 x RB (assuming Ryan is off)

1 x CM (ball playing) 

2 x wingers 

2 x strikers 

I know that's a lot but I think it's what we need given those that have left / are going to leave 

Unless there's a couple of Academy kids ready to make the step up you're light in CM there - we currently only have 2 of Championship quality on the books (Buckley and Travis). 

My priority in the coming days would be to get Nyambe to sign a new contract - he's a top-tier Championship RB and would solve a massive recruitment problem. 

Beyond that it depends what system JDT plays and where he thinks the current players in the squad fit.

He'll have to work out what he's doing with 'tweener' players like Hedges, Dolan, JRC, Dack and Markanday. I don't know if they fit in his favoured formation (reported to be a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1).

Mowbray has basically done what Bowyer did - acquired players and not thought about where he's going to play them. I hope those days are behind us. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

I know a Pedersen was mentioned above as a potential right back, but there's another one I would like us to go for.

Kristian Pedersen, the Danish left back at Birmingham. His contract is up this summer and he has confirmed he is leaving the club.

On a free, 27, plenty of Championship experience and better than Pickering, for me. Would be happy with him coming in as our first choice left back.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I know a Pedersen was mentioned above as a potential right back, but there's another one I would like us to go for.

Kristian Pedersen, the Danish left back at Birmingham. His contract is up this summer and he has confirmed he is leaving the club.

On a free, 27, plenty of Championship experience and better than Pickering, for me. Would be happy with him coming in as our first choice left back.

You're right he's better than Pickering from what little I've seen, and it's a move I'd be happy with if the budget allows, but our priority has to be in other areas. By the time we know if we have money to spare for positions like LB, Pedersen will probably already be fixed up. If he has announced he is leaving he has probably been sounded out, maybe even agreed to join somewhere in principle.

Are we aiming just Scando market now hahaha :). 

I saw a comment about singing Berg and Bjorkan they just signed for a new club in Jan and they are playing regularly for those teams so no chance of getting them. However, I would quite like a Rhys Healy who having watched a lot of French football actually looks quite decent and matured quite well. Erik Botheim as someone mentioned is also quite appealing 😉

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unless there's a couple of Academy kids ready to make the step up you're light in CM there - we currently only have 2 of Championship quality on the books (Buckley and Travis). 

My priority in the coming days would be to get Nyambe to sign a new contract - he's a top-tier Championship RB and would solve a massive recruitment problem. 

Beyond that it depends what system JDT plays and where he thinks the current players in the squad fit.

He'll have to work out what he's doing with 'tweener' players like Hedges, Dolan, JRC, Dack and Markanday. I don't know if they fit in his favoured formation (reported to be a 4-4-2 / 4-4-1-1).

Mowbray has basically done what Bowyer did - acquired players and not thought about where he's going to play them. I hope those days are behind us. 

I wonder whether Nyambe’s injury problems were Mowbray related?
New younger manager may influence, but methinks he fancies a pay day, or his agent does. Which may account for him pulling out of the Namibian games?    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I wonder whether Nyambe’s injury problems were Mowbray related?
New younger manager may influence, but methinks he fancies a pay day, or his agent does. Which may account for him pulling out of the Namibian games?    

How are they Mowbray related? Are we ignoring the rest of his injury riddled career?

One of the reasons the offers aren't flooding in for him I would have thought.....

9 hours ago, Swanson said:

Some other Broughton - Bodø/Glimt connections they could look at:

Fredrik Bjørkan - leftback, Hertha Berlin, 23 years old. Not regular.

Patrick Berg - midfield, Lens, 24 years old. Not regular.

Philip Zinckernagel, midfield, Watford, 27 years old. Was on loan to Forest last season.

Erik Botheim, striker, no club, 22 years old. Last played for Krasnodar in Russia.

And this is a long shot for many reasons: Mathias Normann, midfield, Rostov, 26 years old. Was on loan to Norwich last season. Normann left Glimt the same year as Broughton started there.

Bjørkan good call, very good offensively and can be given freedom to operate if in the team with Nyambe. 

Zinckernagel had a great season for Forest and on very good wages most likely. 

Botheim definitely on high wages. Possibly on hit wonder. 

Kristian Pedersen from Birmingham who has been mention here is a player I’ve always been impressed by, but mostly because he’s been rock solid defensively and not by his attacking. Can also be utilised as a CB. 

Jasper Junker could be worth a punt, doesn’t seem to get much game time in J1 league. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

How are they Mowbray related? Are we ignoring the rest of his injury riddled career?

One of the reasons the offers aren't flooding in for him I would have thought.....

Save from a few months under Coyle, Mowbray has been the only first team manager Nyambe has had?

You make it sound like he was playing for 10 years before Mowbray arrived 😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Also, you'll know this, but unless it's changed there are also points available for being an international, even at youth level. I'm guessing you left that out to save space.

Yeah definitely, changes everything with the international minutes.

As sad as it may be that Brereton is likely to leave, you just wonder if anyone of the clowns in charge (Mowbray, Venus or Waggo) has even ever tried to tie him down. Apologies if this is too Football Manager:

1 Year extension that makes him the joint highest earner and a £25m release fee or a £15m non promotion release fee. If we were to get promotion, an automatic extension triggers, removing the release fee, increasing his wages.

If that type of offer gets turned down, he must be sold now. Cannot repeat Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe. Or as we like to call it = £10m+.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

As sad as it may be that Brereton is likely to leave, you just wonder if anyone of the clowns in charge (Mowbray, Venus or Waggo) has even ever tried to tie him down. Apologies if this is too Football Manager:

1 Year extension that makes him the joint highest earner and a £25m release fee or a £15m non promotion release fee. If we were to get promotion, an automatic extension triggers, removing the release fee, increasing his wages.

If that type of offer gets turned down, he must be sold now. Cannot repeat Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe. Or as we like to call it = £10m+.

They don't seem to want to pay any of the assets any more money now by the looks of it.

Brereton was allegedly signed under the strap line 'flex' whereby high fee lower wages so he's probably entitled to ask for double his money now.  That might take him in line with Gallagher, Dack and co but will he get that ?

Unlikely where Waggot is concerned he'll only be interested in grabbing another big fee under his watch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Birmingham have been hovering just over the relegation zone for a few seasons. The defence must have leaked a lot of goals.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

22 hours ago, Swanson said:

Some other Broughton - Bodø/Glimt connections they could look at:

Fredrik Bjørkan - leftback, Hertha Berlin, 23 years old. Not regular.

Patrick Berg - midfield, Lens, 24 years old. Not regular.

Philip Zinckernagel, midfield, Watford, 27 years old. Was on loan to Forest last season.

Erik Botheim, striker, no club, 22 years old. Last played for Krasnodar in Russia.

And this is a long shot for many reasons: Mathias Normann, midfield, Rostov, 26 years old. Was on loan to Norwich last season. Normann left Glimt the same year as Broughton started there.

Patrick Berg, FM sensation!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You're right he's better than Pickering from what little I've seen, and it's a move I'd be happy with if the budget allows, but our priority has to be in other areas. By the time we know if we have money to spare for positions like LB, Pedersen will probably already be fixed up. If he has announced he is leaving he has probably been sounded out, maybe even agreed to join somewhere in principle.

He's awful, I'd take pickering every day of the week

58 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

He's awful, I'd take pickering every day of the week

Pickering was our second worst performer after coming back from injury, second to the super cameo false no. 9 Mr. Bradley Johnson. He's got a decent left peg but physically weak, positionally not the best and lacks pace for a modern fullback/wingback. Pedersen is strong and versatile but a bit old fashioned - no real pace on him either.

• Like 2