BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dolan is a good player with a good work rate.

There doesn't need to be much more of a deeper discussion about it. The final ball will come.

Buckley has developed leaps and bounds from where he began and I'd wager Dolan has started at a higher level than JB did in terms of first team football

I think Dolan will have a role to play in JDT's squad. I'd hope so anyway, I love the boy

Buckley has always been the far more talented player. He will be our most important player now imo. I'd sell Dolan for £3 million. 

Love his workrate, but he isn't much better than Chapman, if he even is. 

• Like 1

PNE don't have an academy like here and others were already taking up squad places that's why they let Dolan go.

Likes of us could carry the likes of him longer or loan them out.

Hes proven a good signing here so no point trying to say hes shite now but whether he is good enough or the right type of player for the new manager is another thing.  There's a DoF in place now and he's going to look at things like this if he wants to raise funds for rebuilding.

Where someone has come in for nothing and isn't a regular starter but might rake in 2 or 3 million, moneyball migt be the order of the day now.  

After all the previous lot and this CEO have ensured we miss funds from an academy product or two leaving. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Buckley has always been the far more talented player. He will be our most important player now imo. I'd sell Dolan for £3 million. 

Love his workrate, but he isn't much better than Chapman, if he even is. 

I'm inclined to agree

But the difference between Buckley's first team performances and Dolan's, in their breakthrough moments, are apparent

Dolan has looked far more assured than Buckley did. But as you say, Buckley is now showing what most of us could see, and that he has the ability to be a fantastic player

As tomphil has said the only real justification for selling Dolan is realising the value. If someone is prepared to pay north of £3m it might be worth it, providing it is reinvested in better value

• Like 2

I think with JDT being a former attacker it could work wonders with TD with help like positioning especially.. time after time he's just in a position of his own not having a true affect on the game and that's why it seems to just happily pass him by.. his trickery should be tamed slightly too as it's all show and no progress a lot of the time with him occasionally getting lost in his own skill. He's young and he's having fun which is obvious to see but in a league as cutthroat as the championship sometimes simple is more. He has potential but he has a great great deal to improve on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forest were one of the clubs reputedly interested in Dolan. Now if you think the manager there doesn’t know a good player from a bad ‘un I beg to differ.

I think we both know Dolan won’t be going to Forest. I doubt the rumour is anything more than bs anyway because £3m would be obscene for Dolan, I’d say it’s likely Dolan’s agent angling for a new deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Dolan will come good, I think. I think he could be a 10-15-goal-a-season player. Just needs to work on his decision making and his awareness. The rest comes with exposure to first team football.

And his finishing which is pretty woeful. There’s a player in there though 

29 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

For all this talk of Dolan (who I personally have been high and low on).

Would anyone complain if Dolan was to leave and be replaced with Todd Cantwell (permanently?).

I sure as shit wouldn't.

If Dolan left and he was replaced with Harry Kane permanently  I wouldn’t complain at all and it’s just as likely to happen. Just my opinion of course.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

I think we both know Dolan won’t be going to Forest. I doubt the rumour is anything more than bs anyway because £3m would be obscene for Dolan, I’d say it’s likely Dolan’s agent angling for a new deal.

This does smell of an agent at work.

However, I do think he has potential, early season we pressed as a team and he had options to pass to (and rarely gave the ball away). As the season progressed he became more and more isolated - being forced into taking players on in the wrong areas and often losing the ball. 

His work rate is first class, he is a real handful in the penalty area, reasonable (rather than lightening) pace and given the right opportunity he does have an eye for a pass. His finishing can be weak at times.

£3m .... I would say £5m plus hefty sell on clause would be good business for both parties. However, based on press snippets - it does sound like he fits into the new tactics, and how much would it cost to replace him (as whoever comes in will be on higher wages.

Do you not feel if our remit is to look at bringing players through the academy patience is needed. Dolan is 20 and still learning his trade if he was the finished article he wouldn’t be here. The positives for me is there is lots of growing room, he wants to be here and he comes across as a genuinely good guy. He puts 100% into it and works his socks off for the team. I’d prefer Dolan to Armstrong for example who played for himself 

• Like 6

The chances of us investing heavily this summer are minimal, so Dolan will be needed in the squad you would think.

Although I've said previously that I don't rate him that much, worth giving him a fresh start under the new regime.

£3m, if it was to be invested back in could get a replacement but chances are, it won't be.

15 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Do you not feel if our remit is to look at bringing players through the academy patience is needed. Dolan is 20 and still learning his trade if he was the finished article he wouldn’t be here. The positives for me is there is lots of growing room, he wants to be here and he comes across as a genuinely good guy. He puts 100% into it and works his socks off for the team. I’d prefer Dolan to Armstrong for example who played for himself 

Wouldn't want Armstrong back. You are correct he only ever runs forward. Dolan puts in a proper shift, but defenders soon found out how to defend against him..

14 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Crazy. Armstrong has his faults but is a totally different animal. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The chances of us investing heavily this summer are minimal, so Dolan will be needed in the squad you would think.

Although I've said previously that I don't rate him that much, worth giving him a fresh start under the new regime.

£3m, if it was to be invested back in could get a replacement but chances are, it won't be.

Would be very happy with a new player to fit JDT mould. £3 would go a long way..

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Crazy. Armstrong has his faults but is a totally different animal. 

Your right and he is being found out at the level above. Shooting endlessly and not bringing team mates into play does not work even on the playground. I can’t remember the match but even the commentators said he was just taking endless potshots at goal. In my opinion give me a man who works for the team rather than one who works for himself 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Butty said:

And his finishing which is pretty woeful. There’s a player in there though 

Yeah, agreed but I think that’s something to do with composure, etc. His shots can be quite weak from distance, especially at the end of a long run. That can be trained away from him.

If he works on awareness, etc, his attributes suggest an (admittedly not as good) Sterling-type player, making space for himself in the box and sneaking in from the far side for goals in the six-yard box. Playing to the byline  and firing across balls like that could see him at the level of goals I was suggesting.