BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

56 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Rumour on twitter, from someone who does have direct links with people at the club, that Phillips hasnt signed the new deal which I thought was done and dusted and came into play on 1st July 2022.

Allegedly he was told at Accrington Saturday by someone at the club.

Dont know if any truth in it, but the poster is not one to tweet something which he does not believe to be true.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Not saying that’s not true or it hasn’t happened, but given how close he is currently being kept to the first team I find it hard to believe. 

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

That's true and we have done it before. So, rather than risk it let's sign nobody and go down.

If you follow the quotes, you will see that the original statement, that I answered to, was : You can't do any worse than sign no-one. I will stick by my answer to that statement. At no point have I said that we should not  get new players in 

Edited by rigger

13 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Not saying that’s not true or it hasn’t happened, but given how close he is currently being kept to the first team I find it hard to believe. 

Could be a combination of lack of options and trying to convince him he is valued here so he signs.

49 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Being played by who?

Broughton is literally the most qualified guy at the club - far more qualified than anyone we've had for a while. JDT was a borderline World Class player and clearly a highly ambitious manager (he walked away from a very comfortable job).

They're not going along with this conspiracy theory that some on here have woven - either they get backed in the transfer market, or both will be off before Christmas and this club gets relegated. 

By people higher up the chain who are happy for certain things to be shared with the press.

I agree with you on Broughton and JDT. It's not on them and they are more likely to walk if this goes as feared, I.e no backing. It's not those two that I was referring to as doing the 'playing'.

Well this would probably mean Leeds won’t be coming in for Diaz, so who does that leave now? There were talks of West Ham but I’ve seen them linked with other options recently. Diaz may well end up staying, me personally i’d rather us be cashing in, you get the feeling it will get towards deadline day and we’ll end up taking 10 million from a foreign side or something. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure how people can’t even have a slight bit of concern…like others have said, all you need to do it look on the likes of twitter and be automatically depressed.

Of course there’s still plenty of time left in the Market, & I have a true belief that it will work out for JDT.

All us fans want is a fresh face through the door.

If nothing is confirmed next week then serious alarm bells need to be sounded. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWeasel said:

hope Tomasson does well for us and im rooting for him, but am worried he's not getting the start he needs, inexperienced squad, lack of creativity in the final third, a stitched up defence.

that's one view, sure. or you could look at it as he's getting a completely fresh, unmarked squad of talented youngsters that he can spend a season moulding and consolidating into the type of team and types of players he wants. add in some experienced players this summer (hopefully..) and in january to build them up a bit, then go again next summer with a full season of said moulding under their belts.

pretty sure this is the plan, and is part of why there's more of an appetite to get the right deals in, whether that comes before the season starts or in the weeks after. i know it's bloody frustrating for us as fans, but it makes total sense outside of our biased, tribal gaze wanting us to win win win and kick off on the front foot, always immediately chasing promotion.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Butty said:

Cardiff have signed 12! Not all world beaters but there’s a bit of quality in there. Only us and Blackpool who are yet to sign anyone 👀

Exactly the tweet that prompted my comment! 🤣

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Being played by who?

Broughton is literally the most qualified guy at the club - far more qualified than anyone we've had for a while. JDT was a borderline World Class player and clearly a highly ambitious manager (he walked away from a very comfortable job).

They're not going along with this conspiracy theory that some on here have woven - either they get backed in the transfer market, or both will be off before Christmas and this club gets relegated. 

The shadow man and Maggott are the two most likely contenders for the role of playing us for fools.

Who knows what Venkys' plan, if any, is, but I think it is safe to assume in the absence of an India jolly for the last 3 years that whatever the plan is it is being projected back to Ewood via the man in the shadows.

Too many cooks spoiling an already unpleasant broth here, as much as I don't want an unsackable manager at least when we had India trips he could go straight to source and get answers and action. Instead now whilst we have a more conventional structure in place it seems there are about 6 or 7 people involved and hurdles to overcome before anything happens. Probably installed with the right intentions but how many times have we heard that and it struggles to work.

I agree I don't think JDT or Broughton are remotely involved in any conspiracy or stringing along but they are probably now realising the reality of Venky poisoned Rovers. What might appear on the outside to be a good club, in a good state, backed by rich owners, I think once you scratch away at the surface there is a very different situation that the goons in the national press don't see.

I think what gets offered or promised is very different to what actually materialises with this lot as Lambert and probably Mowbray found out. Mowbray put up with it and got 5 years work from it whereas Lambert wouldn't put up with it. Lets see which one Tomasson follows.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Couple of lads texting me we are looking at ethan ampadu? If that's how you spell his name,  a loan from Chelsea..I know nothing about him so can't really say anything 

Absolute rolls Royce . More than adequate replacement for any of our CBs 

• Like 3

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

Sure I just read something earlier today saying Ampadu was going on Chelsea’s pre season tour to be given a chance of breaking into their first team. Won’t be happening any time soon, if at all.

He’ll be loaned out at the back end of the window I imagine. 

16 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

that's one view, sure. or you could look at it as he's getting a completely fresh, unmarked squad of talented youngsters that he can spend a season moulding and consolidation 

pretty sure this is the plan, and is part of why there's more of an appetite to get the right deals in, whether that comes before the season starts or in the weeks after. i know it's bloody frustrating for us as fans, but it makes total sense outside of our biased, tribal gaze wanting us to win win win and kick off on the front foot, always immediately chasing promotion.

I'm definitely not against that to be fair, if we have a transitional but fun season whilst moulding a few youngsters and some dynamic football I'd be well up for it. I just don't want it to go a little too south and be panicking about slumming it in a relegation battle. I'm hopeful but been burned too many times this last 12 years.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Davies and the Malmo striker sound like they're still bubbling away in the background. Hopefully they can get done.

Berger in particular sounds like a good utility option for filling in at left back (Warhurst style) if we need Pickering or Edun to pack the midfield.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Berger in particular sounds like a good utility option for filling in at left back (Warhurst style) if we need Pickering or Edun to pack the midfield.

Paul Warhurst, he was a good player. Remember when Sheff Wed spanked us at ewood

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

This speaks volumes. You are normally massively optimistic on our chances, non-committal is as close as you get to doom and gloom. You clearly don’t fancy our chances, not that you’d ever say so.

Wrong again Miller11. 

I am very optimistic about promotion chances under JDT in the next 3 seasons compare to our previous manager. 

I am never doom and gloom attitude and leave that sort of some to others on here

3 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

And the best of them all Adam Wharton.

It appears that JDT has been impressed by him. I would lean him out to someone like Rochdale or Stanley

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Surely we should have an aim?  Signings, departures, managerial changes etc are a consequence of decisions made by the club.

If its in the best interest of the club surely 8th place upwards is the aim?

That aim comes from JDT and the club.. 

I was talking about the entire championship changing from last season to this one is massively. 

I am very optimistic about promotion chances under JDT in the next 3 seasons compare to our previous manager. I think he will get us to PL whether its this season or the next. He might need a season to settle in and understand the championship like Daniel Farke did but I think we have a head coach who will deliver 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kids football.

You continually talk down the under 21 level of football whilst you admitted you have never been to watch these games so its baffling and annoying you talk it down and players who play in it