BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has always been like that, a real attention seeker who has I bet aggravated many people that he deals with by doing so.

I think he likes to be transparent and open with Posh supporters, but he probably takes it a bit too far.

When I lived there, I heard a story of how he did a Q & A at a fans forum, many years ago after taking over the club.. Let's just say he got more than he bargained for when he asked for opinions about Posh players!

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Where would szmodics play & if he’s good who would he replace? 

Looks like a #10 from his highlights, so he'd replace Dolan at the moment. I guess that's where you'd want Dack to come off the bench at too.

The Front 4 will interchange quite a lot during the match so I think we're looking for versatile players. Ones that are quick and good with the ball at their feet.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Got to laugh. Page upon page of "we need players asap", then it looks like we're signing one and it's "that's too much money, hard pass"

Surely the barometer isn't just to get anyone in, that has been the key point of those dismissing worries that we haven't got players in before the season?

If people have genuine concerns about the potential value of a player or indeed of the ability, being worried about not getting most of our business done before the season doesn't eliminate those issues.

It isn't quality OR timeliness.

• Like 2

Sammie is about to turn 27 and tbf that’s the ideal age of player we should be looking to add to our first 11. We have a very, very young team and need more experienced players.

He can also play anywhere across the front line, which again is ideal for the way we are looking to play. 7 goals plus 3 assists in a struggling team is not bad at all. Let’s see what next week brings!

• Like 3

Szmodics is an interesting one. His age and where he plays aren’t dissimilar to Dack and there are aspects of “threat” that each provides with some overlap but I think they’re not identical players.

If it’s to provide cover or competition to the 10 role, who’s viewed as the better option? Do we have a strong central striker for either to play off?

If it’s to light a fire under Dack’s arse, what’re the performance objectives for him for the season? Is he now viewed as super sub/rotation option?

Can’t quite get my head around the logic and I hope I’m wrong but it seems a lot for a player without a huge amount of pedigree and at the beginning of their peak years. Are we panicky about Dack and alternatives?

Food for thought, anyway.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Szmodics increasingly likely apparently, whereas the Bowler fake rumour grows more momentum.

"Growing sense" just means he's seen the tweet from the Peterborough owner like the rest of us. 

I suspect we have an interest in Bowler but it's unlikely to happen. I think he'll end up at Bournemouth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely the isn't just to get anyone in, that has been the key point of those dismissing worries that we haven't got players in before the season?

If people have genuine about the value of a player or indeed of , being worried about not getting most of our business done before the season doesn't eliminate those issues.

It isn't OR timeliness.

Personally I don't know enough of him to write him off yet. Just tickled me a little.

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Sammie is about to turn 27 and tbf that’s the ideal age of player we should be looking to add to our first 11. We have a very, very young team and need more experienced players.

He can also play anywhere across the front line, which again is ideal for the way we are looking to play. 7 goals plus 3 assists in a struggling team is not bad at all. Let’s see what next week brings!

1mil to 1.5mil and its pretty decent business,  but 2.5mil is very steep for someone who's struggled in the championship before and who's 27 so most likely won't have big sell on value

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

1mil to 1.5mil and its pretty decent business,  but 2.5mil is very steep for someone who's struggled in the championship before and who's 27 so most likely won't have big sell on value

It’s more that it’s not a probalem position for us. I’m more than happy with Dack and Dolan being the competition for the number 10 spot this year.

To spend 2.5m on Szmodics when Bowler is available at roughly the same amount is crazy - because I’m telling you now there’s no way we sign both. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

It’s more that it’s not a probalem position for us. I’m more than happy with Dack and Dolan being the competition for the number 10 spot this year.

To spend 2.5m on Szmodics when Bowler is available at roughly the same amount is crazy - because I’m telling you now there’s no way we sign both. 

I think it will be £1.5m rising to £2.5m based on appearances etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both signing.

4 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Isn't it a problem position for us?

I feel like they've made the right call on Brown, Butterworth, Magloire and Eastham. They know what they're looking for in a player - maybe they don't see it in Dolan and Dack for 48 games a season at #10?

I wouldn’t mind Rovers signing Szomdics but I feel £2.5m is a bit steep for a player who struggled last season in the championship.

Hopefully we can get Bowler over the line sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Don't know anything about Szmodics, but as with any new recruit if they join the club then they'll have my support. Hopefully he is followed by JPVH and Bowler (wishful thinking I know).

Sounds like Morton will join next week. Friend of mine is a Liverpool fan and reckons he is miles ahead of Clarkson and not as lightweight at all.

i think i could get the better of clarkson and im`e a park footballer  who has`nt played for 20 years,i honestly have never seen such a lightweight player