BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Or they've tried to insert a clause into the loan that says he must start when fit.

Would always be a straight no from me with clauses like that, game-time must always be based on performance alone. Probably out of the question as to whether JDT would agree with that too.

I work with a Chelsea fan and asked him about Ampadu, he said he's absolutely shit and Chelsea need to get rid of him. Doubts he'd even do well in the Championship.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Would always be a straight no from me with clauses like that, game-time must always be based on performance alone. Probably out of the question as to whether JDT would agree with that too.

I work with a Chelsea fan and asked him about Ampadu, he said he's absolutely shit and Chelsea need to get rid of him. Doubts he'd even do well in the Championship.

Ye, interesting Ampadu....was hailed as the next superstar a few years ago but from what I've seen always a bit average...I'd like someone a bit more intimidating 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Did you ask what this opinion is based on?  He's played in two competitive games for Chelsea (back in 2017) and has been on loan ever since.  How many times can your colleague have watched him?  Saying that, how much Championship football has he watched to come to the conclusion that Ampadu is now a League One or below standard player? 

• Like 2

Very average player.  Gets caught out top easily.  Doesn't really dominate games. The fact that he was played full back midfield centrebacks last season in Italy shows, venezia I think, didn't really rate him. He was shoehorned into the team out of necessity to Chelsea.  He might be a good player one day but we need someone dominant at the back 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Did you ask what this opinion is based on?  He's played in two competitive games for Chelsea (back in 2017) and has been on loan ever since.  How many times can your colleague have watched him?  Saying that, how much Championship football has he watched to come to the conclusion that Ampadu is now a League One or below standard player? 

He's always kept an eye on him since he was touted as a wonderkid at one point - but he's been unable to make much impact wherever he goes, no attributes that are anything above average. Apparently.

That being said, my pal aint exactly a scouting expert - he's just a Chelsea fan who's seen him play much more than myself, so thought i'd share.

He's a big football fan in general who will watch whatever match is on, like many of us probably are - so does find himself watching Championship matches quite a bit.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for this link, @chaddyrovers .

I like what JV's saying here; it sounds genuine, not just something he's been told to say to the media. He sounds to have the right level of self-confidence without coming across as arrogant. I loved his 'Assist' for our early goal at Parkhead.

Promoting him and several other youngsters takes me back to the days of "Carey's chicks" in the mid-50s. Let's hope they can form a nucleus of a successful team for some years to come.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Thanks for this link, @chaddyrovers .

I like what JV's saying here; it sounds genuine, not just something he's been told to say to the media. He sounds to have the right level of self-confidence without coming across as arrogant. I loved his 'Assist' for our early goal at Parkhead.

Promoting him and several other youngsters takes me back to the days of "Carey's chicks" in the mid-50s. Let's hope they can form a nucleus of a successful team for some years to come.

I also remember the promotion team under Souness having Duff, Dunn and Johnson who had come through and were shining, Jansen was signed from Palace as a young man the year or so before and ripping it up in that league, think we had Tiny Taylor at the back too.  Added to that was the experience of Hignett, Short, Bjornbye, Hughes and Flitcroft.  That was an awesome team for that division, only betterred by a very good Fulham side.

That team would walk this division today, great mixture of very talented youths from the system and very good, experienced players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Chaddy. Interesting read, apparently nobody had talked to Vale about attacking play until JDT arrived. Thank goodness we now have some proper staff in place, I just hope we keep hold of them by providing the support needed within the transfer market. 

Edited by Feed the Yak

7 minutes ago, The Gull said:

I also remember the promotion team under Souness having Duff, Dunn and Johnson who had come through and were shining, Jansen was signed from Palace as a young man the year or so before and ripping it up in that league, think we had Tiny Taylor at the back too.  Added to that was the experience of Hignett, Short, Bjornbye, Hughes and Flitcroft.  That was an awesome team for that division, only betterred by a very good Fulham side.

That team would walk this division today, great mixture of very talented youths from the system and very good, experienced players.

Tiny Taylor? really?

Not rovers related but West ham have agreed to sell their striker Vlasic to Torino for £15m. Never heard of this guy and don't remember ever seeing him play last year but they only signed him last summer for £30 million. 

Goes to show the crazy money prem clubs are willing to pay and the losses they can make. 

Everton interested in the Coventry forward Gyorkes. If anyone comes in for BBD it will be them imo.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Thanks Chaddy. Interesting read, apparently nobody had talked to Vale about attacking play until JDT arrived. Thank goodness we now have some proper staff in place, I just hope we keep hold of them by providing the support needed within the transfer market. 

Beggars belief dunnit?  From the looks if things they did not talk much to the defenders about defending either.

8 minutes ago, benhben said:

Everton interested in the Coventry forward Gyorkes. If anyone comes in for BBD it will be them imo.

Lampard may be desperate enough to shell out big bucks for Diaz.  He really looked frazzled at their game, not sure he will last long.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

He's just after more money and has done jack shit, needs to prove himself first.

Indecent assessment - the player clearly can't select himself for first team action, and has yet to be given an extended  run at Championship level to demonstrate his capabilities. Let battle commence tonight, and hopefully Mr Vale will have his shooting boots on and take the opportunity to squeeze himself into contention for first team selection,.

47 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Berkovic was the final piece of the jigsaw. Always wondered why we didn't get him in permanently, but then i'm not going to complain as we bought Tugay instead.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Lampard may be desperate enough to shell out big bucks for Diaz.  He really looked frazzled at their game, not sure he will last long.

Not sure Everton would be the right fit for him. Diaz is obviously a confidence player. Everton is a mess. Much prefer he moves to a Wet Spam, Brighton, or practically any team likely to stay up. 

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Berkovic was the final piece of the jigsaw. Always wondered why we didn't get him in permanently, but then i'm not going to complain as we bought Tugay instead.

I think you've answered your own question Jack.

It was a Speedie/Shearer moment for me, having not seen much of Tugay at the time I was baffled, but that didn't last long!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

It was a Speedie/Shearer moment for me, having not seen much of Tugay at the time I was baffled, but that didn't last long!!

My youngest lad went to a pre season friendly the season we bought Tugay.  Bradford away ? He said “ We’ve got a good ‘un there dad “.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

At the time my dad was fuming about Speedie / Shearer! He'd been away seeing family and hadn't seen any of the early games for Shearer and I was arguing with him about the merits of the signing. First game my dad saw Shearer play was Norwich at home. At half-time he turned to me with a big grin on his face and the words 'he'll do'! It wasn't so much the chipped goal - more the way Shearer ran through their centre-half twice to set up Wegerle's goals.

• Like 2

• Backroom
54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My youngest lad went to a pre season friendly the season we bought Tugay.  Bradford away ? He said “ We’ve got a good ‘un there dad “.

Do I remember he actually took a while to really bed in properly, ie: For other players to get up to his brain speed?

I seem to remember a lot of 'Tugay passing to his invisible friend' up to the end of the Worthy Cup season.

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Do I remember he actually took a while to really bed in properly, ie: For other players to get up to his brain speed?

I seem to remember a lot of 'Tugay passing to his invisible friend' up to the end of the Worthy Cup season.

I remember Souness not being happy with him at some point in his first season in the prem, im sure he was dropped at some point leading up to the league cup final🤔 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1