BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

This bid won’t be accepted. Unfortunately it will lead to a domino effect and more bids coming in. Beginning of the end for BBD at Rovers.

We can argue he should have been offered a contract earlier but hindsight is a wonderful thing. He was beyond average for 3 years.

Lets enjoy the last few games, wish him well and pray we have a decent plan/replacement lined up.

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Fans taking an obsessive interest in the football club they love. Whatver next?! Football forums?? Fans forums??

Nothing at all wrong with an obsessive interest, but repeatedly asking a journalist of limited worth a question where the answer is blatantly obvious is a bit different to fans debating the merits of signings on a forum.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, neophox said:

The bid from Nice is an insult... I think its just bullshit and maybe an agent doing the rounds....

It is an insult and no doubt will be given, or has been given, short shrift.

Sadly, I think it will stir the pot and prompt other clubs to enter the market for Brereton particularly those who haven't started the season well - I'd be very surprised if Everton don't enter the fray.

It will be horrible to lose him when he's blossomed into the player he now is.  We can only hope that a deal is sorted quickly and at a very good price allowing Rovers to make some quality additions.  I trust JDT to make the right calls and I think he is by far the best manager we have had since the halcyon days of Hughes and Big Sam.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They're both bad suggestions - Armstrong is an incredibly selfish player. 

I wouldn't mind a "selfish" player if it meant one that scored 28 goals to be fair.

Don't think Southampton will let him go, involved at the moment coming on with a very selfless assist on Saturday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, booth said:

He's not had the best start but he's playing in a side doing poorly at the moment. He was my pick for who TM should get to replace BBD when he was away in Chile.

Adebayo not near good enough ... hopefully we can find a gem abroad like Swansea did find in Piroe...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Agreed, but even worse are the dozens of tweets a day replying to anything by Bayes, Nixon and Sharpe asking if there is any news on signings. As if they are going to say “Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, it totally slipped my mind that Van Hecke is currently at Brockhall… I got a bit sidetracked asking Travis if he’s happy to be made captain”.

Had to do a take two on an article today claiming Travis was Blackburn born and bread and had played every age group for Rovers.

He was actually released by Liverpool and signed his first pro deal for us, and is from Merseyside. Embarrassing journalism 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, islander200 said:

...£8 million for him in the first place and wages and bonuses received by the player throughout his contract we will be lucky if we make £4-£5 million profit on him. 

This is the pivotal point. 

Is his overwhelmingly positive influence on the team not worth 4 or £5m?

If we happen to go up, and it's a very, very big 'if', I really believe he would sign a new contract and stay. 

How can a young championship reserve who's never played a game be worth £7m but the best striker in the Championship, playing for the side top of the league, is worth less than £15m? 

With him, we have ambitions of top 2.

Without him, we have ambitions of the play-offs.

All for the sake of less than we paid for Gally.

He is irreplaceable, given our current circumstances. Almost regardless of who replaces him. 

I really think he will do a lot of JDTs job for him, if we can only keep him. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

This is the pivotal point. 

Is his overwhelmingly positive influence on the team not worth 4 or £5m?

If we happen to go up, and it's a very, very big 'if', I really believe he would sign a new contract and stay. 

How can a young championship reserve who's never played a game be worth £7m but the best striker in the Championship, playing for the side top of the league, is worth less than £15m? 

With him, we have ambitions of top 2.

Without him, we have ambitions of the play-offs.

All for the sake of less than we paid for Gally.

He is irreplaceable, given our current circumstances. Almost regardless of who replaces him. 

I really think he will do a lot of JDTs job for him, if we can only keep him. 

The initial outlay on Brereton and his salary/bonuses are a sunk cost and shouldn’t be factored into whether we sell him this summer or let him go for free next summer.

• Like 2

If I had any faith in the owners reinvesting the money, when we got next to nothing of the Armstrong money. I'd say take 10-15 million and get three or four really good players. Have a real push at promotion. But I don't and as it's not my money. I'd rather him walk for free next summer.

Stupid I know but you take him out the team and whoever we bring in. No matter how good will take time to bed in. By then we could've fallen away and although early days it just seems something really special is happening. We already need players in this to keep the momentum. We are taking the few chances we get in a game. Scoring some brilliant goals.

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 2

There's a camaraderie in the camp that you'd struggle to quickly replicate by bringing in even a quality outsider at this point. 

People like Brereton, Dack, Buckley, Travis, Gallagher have been together now for years and seem to get on well off the pitch too. Sometimes you just can't buy that even when you get to reinvest.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

Wrong thread but ouch

6989F843-84E7-48D2-BC13-29469A7B3CE6.jpeg

That must have been bloody awful, at home too. They wouldn’t have had any time to sneak out either!  Did they win on possession though and XG’s though? 😉