BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Girlfriend spat on at Reading tonight, absolutely disgraceful, anything I can do to take action? 

It's assault (or battery? I don't quite know), so contact the nearest steward, contact 999, get a pic of the culprit if possible.

Edited by Mike E

46 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

LB, 2 CBs, CM, ans striker all required. We shouldn't let a good start paper over the cracks. We've got a bottom half squad at the moment. 

However you slice it, we can't be less than two weeks away from the transfer window closing with so little investment in key areas and be told we have a 'healthy budget.' It is starting to feel like we weren't told the truth. 

If ever we needed a result to hammer home how short we are this was it. The first time in a long old season we've got a midweek game and we are so short. 

I'm afraid starting Championship away games with Dolan, Phillips, Vale in the starting XI is asking for trouble.

They can try and blag Rich Sharpe with talk about 2 CBs and a couple of others. We need 5 quality additions as a minimum. No excuses, no bs, no trying and failing.

We've a good manager on our hands who deserves backing. I am worried that the clowns who own and control Rovers are going to make a mess of this again. 

They firstly need to decide what they want us to be - a side challenging for promotion to the PL or a club more interested in individual development and making a point/saving money on transfer fees. Sometimes you can't be both.

Tick tock.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm afraid starting Championship away games with Dolan, Phillips, Vale in the starting XI is asking for trouble.

We've a good manager on our hands who deserves backing

Those 2 statements are conflicting.  Hope its just him getting to know them...  .

Edited by Sparks Rover

Minimum 4 signings needed for me. 2x cb’s, a cm and a forward.

If / When we sell BBD I think we need another 2 forwards to cover his loss.

Svdb - CB loan

JPvH - CB Perm £4m

Styles - CM/LWB Perm £1m

Bowler - Forward Perm £3m

In event of BBD sale…

Birmencevic - Forward Perm £6m

Rhys Healey - Forward Perm £3m

I've tried to hold off giving Pickering stick as i thought he made a decent fist of the step up when he came. Blamed the injury for his poor form afterwards but i'm beginning to feel he really shouldn't be at this level now.

Watched him warming up all half time in the cup game and he has the pace of a 35 year old but doesn't have the experience to cover it.

• Like 3

Centre back needs bringing in before Saturday can't be starting Phillips 3 games in a week especially after a hiding if we don't bring anyone in before Saturday JDT will be putting Pickering centre back and Edun in at left back we will get murdered if our midfield don't get some sort of hold on the game 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Minimum 4 signings needed for me. 2x cb’s, a cm and a forward.

If / When we sell BBD I think we need another 2 forwards to cover his loss.

Svdb - CB loan

JPvH - CB Perm £4m

Styles - CM/LWB Perm £1m

Bowler - Forward Perm £3m

In event of BBD sale…

Birmencevic - Forward Perm £6m

Rhys Healey - Forward Perm £3m

I don't know who the final names will be, but I've been pleased with the calibre of player we've been linked to - that said we need a proper CF for tough games where the ball keeps coming back at us. 

Vale, Dolan and Szmodics today - are any of them over 5'9"?

We're desperate for a LB too - Pickering offers absolutely nothing going forward and gets roasted if isolated against pace. 

• Like 1

Last season we loaned Zeefuik because we needed competition at RB. JRC isn't good enough and we still haven't solved that issue. What happens if Brittain gets injured/ takes a dip in form?

The musts for me are 2 CBS, a better quality left back, another CM (That's 4)

I'd then want RB cover and a forward. Potentially 5 or 6 signings needed!

After that you can move JRC and Vale out. It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks, it should be doable with plenty of loan spots still to be filled. Broughton just needs to get a move on!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've tried to hold off giving Pickering stick as i thought he made a decent fist of the step up when he came. Blamed the injury for his poor form afterwards but i'm beginning to feel he really shouldn't be at this level now.

Watched him warming up all half time in the cup game and he has the pace of a 35 year old but doesn't have the experience to cover it.

Watch how often there's acres of space for him to carry the ball into and he has zero interest in doing so.

He's meant to play like Brittain, but looks for the easy pass instead - it completely ruins the balance of the team. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Last season we loaned Zeefuik because we needed competition at RB. JRC isn't good enough and we still haven't solved that issue. What happens if Brittain gets injured/ takes a dip in form?

The musts for me are 2 CBS, a better quality left back, another CM (That's 4)

I'd then want RB cover and a forward. Potentially 5 or 6 signings needed!

After that you can move JRC and Vale out. It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks, it should be doable with plenty of loan spots still to be filled. Broughton just needs to get a move on!

How far off is Batty? He's the next wonderkid in our Academy, right?

Edun can't play there. Pickering struggles to play as an attacking FB (essentially a WB) in this formation. 

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't understand this rant of yours. I didn't foresee that he would reach the level that he now has and have never said that I did.

The point is that the sort of contract offer that he would definitely have accepted just over a year ago could not be made because at that time his performances had not justified it - therefore the club cannot be criticised for not making such an offer.

I agreed with your original post on this. You are literally the only poster on here that has complained because I agreed with them.

You lost me when you said "rant".

34 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Starting LB

Starting CB

Back Up RB

Athletic Centre Midfielder

Goal Scoring Striker

Pacey Winger

That's 6 without a BBD sale.

2 centre backs cos Van Der Berg can play right back so cover both positions and a starting centre back. Bring in another centre back. 

We need a striker that will press the ball and score goals I would go and get Healey from Toulouse. 

I'm happy with our left back options. So maybe another centre midfielder who is box to box player. 

One thing I'm not going to do is over react to tonight defeat by saying we Need 6 to 8 signings. We need around 4. If BBD leaves then a replacement.