BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

36 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Noel Brotherston. For armchairs benefit.

Ahh right, obviously i recognise the name and know he's a legend to those of his generation and was a great servant to the club. 

But sadly he's a bit before my time though really so I wouldn't have recognised a photo of him from adam (especially a photo of him as a kid before even his rovers days by the looks of it) 

Thanks though, nice bit of nostalgia and you really do learn something knew everyday dont ya, chers👍

• Like 2

We should tell Liverpool to shove it. We are not their feeder club. I'd rather we go with league 1, hell league 2 players than more loan sagas that even if they work out, leave us with holes the size of the titanic before the start of a new season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I went to the Reading game and Rovers were "bossed" by the Reading players from start to finish. Our bunch of nice boys shrunk into the shells and weren't able to compete. Travis tried to mix it with them but he was alone. We don't have enough tough nuts in the team. Same at Sheffield from all the reports.  Take away Travis from midfield and not have any so-called "hard men" in midfield - as you suggested - doesn't make any sense. 

We have had a lot of nice, inoffensive fellows for sometime. Junkyard dogs needed, imo. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ricky said:

just trying to compute the SVDB not signing thing. Sure Chaddy was telling all and sundry that it was all signed and sealed and that we were just waiting for Liverpool to release the player if anyone dared to challenge him on it.

Anyone would think he’s as in the dark as the rest of us and just feeding off Nickos tidbits.

That's an image I'll never be able to get out of my head, now. Most disturbing moment of the transfer window, for me!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

We should tell Liverpool to shove it. We are not their feeder club. I'd rather we go with league 1, hell league 2 players than more loan sagas that even if they work out, leave us with holes the size of the titanic before the start of a new season. 

We know what’s going to happen with loaners- they return from whence they came at seasons end. Not the best way to roadmap longterm success. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WacoRover said:
24 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Expand  

We know what’s going to happen with loaners- they return from whence they came at seasons end. Not the best way to roadmap longterm success. 

Worked alright for Forest last season... 

Just now, Miller11 said:

We definitely lack a hard man, or what passes for one in 2022. We also lack a lot of physicality - it was very evident against Stoke. 

We'd actually discovered a lot of that for a large part of last season but losing Lenihen, Nyambe and Van Hecke really shows this season.

They were all strong players no matter what anyone says about ability they got stuck in that's a hell of a lot of minerals to lose all at once.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

pointless and silly point/comparison here. We are talking about Football where you scout and recruitment players. We scouts players properly here. 

I don't think it is.

If you want a goal scorer and he goes 32 games without scoring a goal it would suggest he's not your man.  Look at the greats such as Law, Shearer, Lineker and at the 'lower' end the likes of Simon Garner, they all notched on a regular basis when they broke through to their respective 1st teams.

Likewise, if a plumber can't fix a leak after 32 attempts, he's not your man.

Unless me delving into the wine too early on Bank Holiday Monday has dulled my thought process, I think the comparisons are very valid.

As regards Rovers 'scouting players properly here' then some of the shi1te we've signed over recent years would suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We'd actually discovered a lot of that for a large part of last season but losing Lenihen, Nyambe and Van Hecke really shows this season.

They were all strong players no matter what anyone says about ability they got stuck in that's a hell of a lot of minerals to lose all at once.

Absolutely. And to a lesser extent, Johnson and Davenport too. For their limitations they would get physical in midfield. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the great man himself

Wow, Kevin Hird, John Bailey and 'Waggy'.................................!!!!!

Feckin hell, Hird and Bailey were sensational as attacking full backs tearing defences apart.  JDT could do no better than make our present incumbents watch videos of those two.

Waggy was just sublime.  His left foot was like a magician's wand.

Happy days!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Wow, Kevin Hird, John Bailey and 'Waggy'.................................!!!!!

Feckin hell, Hird and Bailey were sensational as attacking full backs tearing defences apart.  JDT could do no better than make our present incumbents watch videos of those two.

Waggy was just sublime.  His left foot was like a magician's wand.

Happy days!

different game mate,sadly,it`s changed even since emerton and mickey gray were bombing down the flanks,it`s all about possesion these days,scoring goals seems secondary when i watch some games🤔, feckin hate the false nine ********

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't even know who that is and I'm not embarrassed to admit it😄

Ass, really!

If someone showed me photos of Puddefoot, Healless, Latheron, Danny Shea or Crompton I'd recognise them in a flash and they played between 10 and 30 years before I was born.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

Ass, really!

If someone showed me photos of Puddefoot, Healless, Latheron, Danny Shea or Crompton I'd recognise them in a flash and they played between 10 and 30 years before I was born.

I will defend Armchair, it was the most "ginger" picture I could find and he was better known looking a bit different....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Unless I'm mistaken he is a striker and has made 31 or 32 appearances at this level and has failed to find the net.

Joe Nuttall has a better record than this guy. Would you say we should be signing him back?

Gary Birtles got one in 40-something starts for Man U but was prolific for Forest either side of that. Sometimes players don’t get played to their strengths when they move club.