BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Im Hoping the club haven’t looked at last night and thought actually we’re okay going forward. We are still lacking quality uptop IMO.

A pacy winger is a must.

An injury to BBD leaves us practically toothless and with a lack of pace and quality in forward areas.  AND, it now most likely means that yet another multi-million pound asset walks out the door for nothing. 

Tad disappointed that our two final signings are loans. That 'special player budget' must be going back on ice for now.  Okay, loan to buy 'option' but as we've read millions of times in the last 24 hours and seen with your man last season, there's absolutely no obligation to spend any money. 

Last night's result and emergence of Wharton came at a perfect time for GB and Co.  It completely placated a tetchy, nervous, frustrated fanbase.  The squad isn't great, new players have to prove themselves and I still think we're in for a nervy season.  

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Can't help but think last night's performance has relaxed a few in regard to this window. I still think we're at least a couple of players short, let's not forget we had our midfield enforcer at RB last night and 2 teenagers in CM.

The 3 previous games wouldn’t have done that though. Zero goals and very few chances. 

Sorry if I be missed it , I’ve scanned about 30 pages in 10 mins 

so we’ve signed a defender who can play cm and lb .. is he any good ?

Dembele ?? Is that BBD replacement ? 

JRC .. I’ve got the car running where does he want dropping off ?

• Like 1

I don’t understand those fans who are today upset that we’ve not sold BBD. Sure, if the offer comes in May and the lad isn’t signing a new deal then I’d be all for a sale with time to reinvest and replace….BUT in what world does selling him today benefit us (the fans) or even the manager? The chances of us replacing his goals at this stage are close to zero.

The ONLY people who stand to benefit from a sale today are our owners and they obviously don’t care about the money.

So I will be DELIGHTED if we keep him and if you offered me Dembele (who I rate highly) I’d still prefer BBD who I’m confident will get another 15 goals at least this season.

• Like 7

Bang average window for me at best.  

Hyam and Brittain are decent buys.

Szmodic is a  downgrade on Rothwell. 

Morton may be a good loan, not sure yet. 

The other 2 loans just pad out the squad although Hirst may have something.  

Haven't been able to loan out JRC, Vale or Dolan who all look desperately short of first team quality at this moment of time. 

Diaz looks to be staying, which is either great because we'd never replace him, or terrible as we have lost a lot of money on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t understand those fans who are today upset that we’ve not sold BBD. Sure, if the offer comes in May and the lad isn’t signing a new deal then I’d be all for a sale with time to reinvest and replace….BUT in what world does selling him today benefit us (the fans) or even the manager? The chances of us replacing his goals at this stage are close to zero.

The ONLY people who stand to benefit from a sale today are our owners and they obviously don’t care about the money.

So I will be DELIGHTED if we keep him and if you offered me Dembele (who I rate highly) I’d still prefer BBD who I’m confident will get another 15 goals at least this season.

Let’s say we sold him for 12M today and the owners took back 7M, leaving us 5M. 

Do you expect we will have 5M to replace BBD specifically come Summer next year? Not a 5M budget, I mean 5M for one player. 

I do agree that Dembele would have made this a great window and made our squad undoubtedly stronger than last season.

As it is, we're in decent shape and it's a decent window, but it will rely on a lot of young player (including signings) stepping up. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Bang average window for me at best.  

Hyam and Brittain are decent buys.

Szmodic is a  downgrade on Rothwell. 

Morton may be a good loan, not sure yet. 

The other 2 loans just pad out the squad although Hirst may have something.  

Haven't been able to loan out JRC, Vale or Dolan who all look desperately short of first team quality at this moment of time. 

Diaz looks to be staying, which is either great because we'd never replace him, or terrible as we have lost a lot of money on him.

Agree on all points…I’m not sure how people can see it as a good Window.

• Like 1

From where the club was when gb was hired it’s actually been a good window. He has done quite a lot, manager, multiple other jobs plus 6 players. Some of the players are genuine upgrades on last season. Was it perfect god no but when you consider the mess gb walked into it’s gone very well. The January window will be important and a true barometer of his ability but decent start. Just my opinion!!!!!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler signing for forest then being shipped out to olympiaikos in greece??????that makes no sense at all,i can only think their greek owner has bought him to improve olympiakos,he is a rumoured dodgy ****

Think it will be more about FFP and squad registration issues. They'll be loaning him out knowing that he is either a good asset in the Championship or a player that they can resell next summer if they need to.