BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

So pedestrian and side to side it played right in to Millwall's hands. 

On the rare occasion Rothwell burst forwards with the ball they looked shit scared.

The positive for me tonight was Buckley he looked much better after his break out the side but this system only works when we have a speed merchant or two up top. Khedra and Dolan for Gallagher and Giles and I think we win Saturday.

Really awful watch tonight but we will have a bumper crowd Saturday and we will win. 

LETS GO.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no complaints about the performance,we fair gave millwall the runaround,rothwell was fantastic,we could`nt score because our ****head manager did`nt bring in a centre forward during the transfer window,simple as that

This. It's criminal and some fans still say we didn't need one even after not scoring for so long. Everyone could see that if Brereton got injured that was it. Markanday got injured and we didn't respond to that like a team in 2nd place usually would. We were a signing down at that point.

Hedges wasn't the answer and I think most suspected that, he was a target for a team that wanted to avoid relegation from the Championship... not see through a promotion. The expectations changed but we didn't try to better ourselves, it was a signing that lacked ambition from the very beginning.

We have a squad of players that's been completely let down by poor recruitment in January and stubborn tactics in February. It's painful to watch and has cost us 10 or 12 points.

• Like 8

Very annoyed with tonight, they were there for the taking... 

Yes we missed blatant opportunities, even a blind man can see we are a bunch of bottlers.. whether that's in front of goal or getting close to success... this means we need a leader / manager who can give the guys confidence and or employee a sports psychologists to help this area! 

Don't understand a number of things that happened today...

1.  Dolan benched when we he no Khadra and he was MoM previous home game? 

2.  Giles RW yet no right foot?

3.  Taking off Buckley when things were going through him? 

4.  Hedges, I mean what the he'll have we bought, I have seen nothing to convince me he should be anywhere near the Championship? 

5.  Subs killed the game, but even at that Dolan should have been brought on earlier.

We lost this season at the transfer window, we are simply not ruthless enough, we get near success and we have a huge nose bleed..

Just mega disappointed at what could have been.. this season.. if we stay in the top 6 based on current form it will be a minor miracle..

• Like 4

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

We have a squad of players that's been completely let down by poor recruitment in January and stubborn tactics in February. It's painful to watch and has cost us 10 or 12 points.

Whilst I do agree in general, certain players have to shoulder some of the blame here. The likes of Buckley and Lenihan have now missed multiple easy chances in this awful, barren run. Khadra too, although he was the source of our single goal in the past eight matches. Gallagher doesn't look like he's ever been coached on how to play as a striker, or a footballer in general really. Our attempts at set pieces are laughable, although I concede that will at some level be down to bad or non-existent set piece coaching.   

We've had enough chances to win a fair few of the matches we've drawn and lost recently. The manager shoulders a lot of the blame for what happened in January, but a fair few of the players have let themselves and us down as well. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 6

Well, thank god the manager chose not to bring in another striker in January. We might have had to celebrate the odd goal had that happened.

• Like 1

Gallys problem seems to be, that when our midfield get good control of the ball, his first instinct is to go towards the ball instead of towards the box. He should be being told to let the midfield do their job, and get in the danger area. I thought the team as a whole played fairly well. Bring on Brizzle.

• Like 7

Rovers should have won tonight. More than enough chances first half to win the game. Rankin Costello, Buckley, Gallagher and Lenihan had chances were we should score. After the 1st 15 mins in the second half thought we were very flat and subs were made too late for me.

Defensive we were solid and we never allowed Millwall to be attacking force. They didn't even had a shot on goal. Its feels like 2 points dropped tonight. Still 4th so let's win the game on Saturday at home. 

Come On You Blues!🔵

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should have won tonight. More than enough chances first half to win the game. Rankin Costello, Buckley, Gallagher and Lenihan had chances were we should score. After the 1st 15 mins in the second half thought we were very flat and subs were made too late for me.

Defensive we were solid and we never allowed Millwall to be attacking force. They didn't even had a shot on goal. Its feels like 2 points dropped tonight. Still 4th so let's win the game on Saturday at home. 

Come On You Blues!🔵

Not only did they not have a shot on goal, they did not have a shot. Period. 
Kaminski was basically a fan in the stands. 

• Like 2

Only Gallagher was poor tonight, very poor.

Rothwell played too deep. He is our only sharp shooter so should be further forward.

Travis is frustrating. He cannot pick a pass and cannot shoot. JPVH was again my MOM.

I cannot see where the goals are going to come from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All very predictable. Rowett dealt with whatever we had to muster without any great problems and will go home happy with a point. For all the complaints about how they performed I wish we had shaped like that at Fulham and Sheff Utd and kept clean sheets.

We had a few decent chances particularly in the usual first half purple patch but really any side at any level will get a few good chances during a 90 minute match at home. 

The fact it is another blank to go with many blanks over recent weeks suggests there is a bigger issue here and it would be negligent for anyone, particularly the manager, to go to bed tonight thinking all is well with the world and that everything is fine other than sticking the ball in the net. We've got a chronic scoring problem and it is continuing. 

I said in the days following the end of the January transfer window that I was disappointed with the business done and felt we might live to regret not doing more business. I think most of us felt that

I think January will be the point that goes down in our recent history as the turning point - at which we had 2nd in our hands and top 6 well within our grasp yet blew the chance to do it. 

I'm perplexed by Mowbray's ramblings about his January signings, about not needing a centre forward and now saying Hedges and Giles aren't ready for his team. 

My belief is that Venkys would not sanction expenditure on the players we needed, because the main owners don't know nor care about promotion and will only agree to funds at their summer summit. I'll debate this with anyone who has the time and patience to go through it. 

I think the talk about money being on the table for good players is little more than a red herring thrown out by Mowbray/Waggott to maintain an illusion with little intention of actually parting with cash. 

But I suppose there is a chance I am wrong on that and maybe there was money, which we didn't manage to spend.

So which is worse? Our imbecilic owners costing us the big time and Mowbray/Waggott covering for them or the owners providing money and Mowbray/Waggott either not being able to get business done or genuinely believing we didn't need a striker in January? Because if it is the latter and we miss the top 6 it should be an automatic sacking. 

I think our plight was summed up by the introduction of Jack Vale. Nothing at all against the lad but it shows what a failure January was if with 10 minutes to go at home desperate for a goal and he is the one Mowbray has to throw on. Remember he offloaded others out on loan in January too.

We had 4 clear cut chances in the match not too sure how Rowett dealt with what we had.They would have been hammered tonight if we had a goalscorer.Millwall were shocking tonight.Did they have a shot?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Not only did they not have a shot on goal, they did not have a shot. Period. 
Kaminski was basically a fan in the stands. 

Felt sorry for the Millwall fans who travelled all that way for nothing to watch. 

They looked a poor quality team and God knows how they won 5 games on bounce. 

Rowett went 5 at the back at start of the game then changed to 4 at half time only to go back very defensive 10 mins into the second half to a 5

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

We had 4 clear cut chances in the match not too sure how Rowett dealt with what we had.They would have been hammered tonight if we had a goalscorer.Millwall were shocking tonight.Did they have a shot?

Not even one shot they had. 

But don't take your chances don't score don't win

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

No. They came for a draw or a smash and grab and got what they wanted.

We had some chances. We were at home against a side happy to sit back. Having a few chances at home isn't an achievement, it is the bare minimum to expect in 90 minutes.

Would have, could have, should have - but we didn't.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, BigUts said:

So pedestrian and side to side it played right in to Millwall's hands. 

On the rare occasion Rothwell burst forwards with the ball they looked shit scared.

The positive for me tonight was Buckley he looked much better after his break out the side but this system only works when we have a speed merchant or two up top. Khedra and Dolan for Gallagher and Giles and I think we win Saturday.

Really awful watch tonight but we will have a bumper crowd Saturday and we will win. 

LETS GO.

We missed 4 absolute sitters - much like the Swansea game, nothing played into the oppositions hands. We just couldn't finish for toffee. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

They looked a poor quality team and God knows how they won 5 games on bounce. 

Mainly because it's a league where 90% of the teams are of roughly the same relatively poor quality, and any team with some momentum behind them can suddenly go on a good run out of nowhere. We went on our own run from November to the start of January on the back of our heaviest ever home defeat. 

This really does feel like the best opportunity we'll ever have to go up under the current owners, and it's painful to watch that opportunity being so brutally squandered. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

4.  Hedges, I mean what the he'll have we bought, I have seen nothing to convince me he should be anywhere near the Championship? 

You're a better judge of talent than I if you're able to write off a player after 10 minutes of game time in 2 months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No. They came for a draw or a smash and grab and got what they wanted.

We had some chances. We were at home against a side happy to sit back. Having a few chances at home isn't an achievement, it is the bare minimum to expect in 90 minutes.

Would have, could have, should have - but we didn't.

4 clear cut chances.We dominated them in every department.

Our players can't score it wasn't some tactical master plan by Rowett, it was only for poor finishing and luck that Millwall came away with anything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Millwall weren't poor quality or shocking.

Their ambitions were limited, but bar a couple of scary moments, they dealt with us fairly well I thought.

Dealt with us fairly well? Costello's miss, Gallagher's miss, Buckleys miss, Lenihens miss.

That's 4 easy goalscoring chances they gave up.They didn't have a shot at our goal.We had more possession.More corners.

We didn't score..we didn't deserve to win the game but Millwall were 2nd best by far tonight.

• Like 3

I bow to those who predicted we wouldn't score. 

One benefit is that the numerous ostriches claiming, for 5 bloody years, that Gally was actually a footballer, have now been silenced.

Rothwell and Buckley will continually provide the quality ammunition for anyone brave enough to run into the box and shoot. Rothwell needs Buckley to shine, and as soon as he was removed the game was over. 

Buckley Rothwell and Dolan would've continued to create good chances, but I finally, reluctantly have to agree and accept, we just don't have a single player with the composure to score. 

I genuinely believe that TM didn't have the heart to replace Pickering with Giles, either before or during the game. Some kind of pathetic loyalty. And sheer stubbornness. 'I won't let anyone tell me what to do, never mind a bunch of brainless supporters and journalists'.

I'm running out of hope, but I'll be there again, and again, and again.

I agree with an earlier poster that I haven't heard TM asked a single intelligent, challenging question by any journalist. 

Self-serving, lazy journalism (though that's partly just me hurting and lashing out...).

Saturday's another day, I suppose....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 7