BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

The only player who would definitely have made a difference is Brereton.  To bring up Zeefuik Markanday for example is silly. Zeefuik has hardly set the world alight.  Markanday made a couple of appearances but there's no guarantee he would have made any impact.  Nyambe would have been an upgrade but ayala is irrelevant as Lenihan and  van hecke are doing OK and dack might not be tge player he was. So that's two players which is hardly a massive difference even though they are important players 

People also forget that Markanday is another winger.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The only player who would definitely have made a difference is Brereton.  To bring up Zeefuik Markanday for example is silly. Zeefuik has hardly set the world alight.  Markanday made a couple of appearances but there's no guarantee he would have made any impact.  Nyambe would have been an upgrade but ayala is irrelevant as Lenihan and  van hecke are doing OK and dack might not be tge player he was. So that's two players which is hardly a massive difference even though they are important players 

Markanday only made one appearance. We have no idea if he would have made a difference or not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

The championship bar Fulham is weak as piss this season, we have such a great defence that you can’t help but feel if we’d have brought another Striker in in January we may well be sat comfortably in the top two never mind the top six.

When Venkys pull the plug in a few years time is this the season we are going to look back on as the biggest opportunity missed since we got relegated from the prem? Possibly. 

I do wish they'd sell us to competent owners.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Saville has absolutely done Travis.

How is that not a straight red?

and there will be more looking for Travis...............what goes around comes around.

21 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

ANY manager can make a mistake when signing players but to give Gallagher a new contract after he

has proved to be a flop (and a very expensive one at that) deserves to be sacked.

However I fully expect that manager to get a new, improved contract soon.

Words fail me.  IMO, unbelievably bad management whilst Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell will all likely wave bye bye at the end of the season with zilch in the coffers.

Can't believe what I have just watched.

We've conceded about 8 goals in about 20 games now and all we need to win a game of football is one feckin goal.

Each game we have 10 outfield players and it says it all when not one of those is capable of scoring a goal.

I thinks Mowbray's tactics, game management, player selection, team / player set-up all stink.

Only one man is responsible for this appalling run after the Rovers being on the cusp of something sensational.  He's blown it big time. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Feel about the same as you.....starting to get tired about this...dont know if I can stand seeing these games anymore...

Likewise. I've had some good news this week. In actual life. But I'm in a horrible mood after that. I'm completely fed up of watching us now

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I do wish they'd sell us to competent owners.

I hate to heap more negativity on an already shitty night, but vultures will circle when that day comes. We'll be an asset stripping exercise, then admin. I can't see any other reason for someone taking on such a huge debt. That's why promotion would have been so important, it may have actually made competent people look at the club favourably.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and there will be more looking for Travis...............what goes around comes around.

He's a niggly player, but he doesn't try to break the opponent's leg like Saville tried to do.

Piss poor refereeing - didn't even feign an attempt to get the ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, booth said:

I hate to heap more negativity on an already shitty night, but vultures will circle when that day comes. We'll be an asset stripping exercise, then admin. I can't see any other reason for someone taking on such a huge debt. That's why promotion would have been so important, it may have actually made competent people look at the club favourably.

We don't have any assets left, the Venkys have seen to that.

It'll be a labour of love or oblivion for Rovers - both are preferable to the status quo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Likewise. I've had some good news this week. In actual life. But I'm in a horrible mood after that. I'm completely fed up of watching us now

I don’t blame you. Fair play to anyone shelling out for a ticket at the minute knowing full well we sure as sh*t won’t be scoring.

• Like 1

It's so frustrating to create so many good chances and not score particularly with our defence once again being excellent and keeping another clean sheet. Some of our play was good and when we upped the intensity Millwall struggled to match us we got on the front foot. But it's another game we haven't won and it's clear to us all why we aren't winning and with the current striking personnel I don't honestly see us winning many games over the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

What a shame we didn't score.  We played some lovely stuff, stopped any Millwall threat and created some wonderful chances.  I know we had five forwards injured tonight, which is very bad luck, but surely a short term loan in January was a must.

I do like watching this team, but unless we get some kind a miracle, it won't be together next season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's so frustrating to create so many good chances and not score particularly with our defence once again being excellent and keeping another clean sheet. Some of our play was good and when we upped the intensity Millwall struggled to match us we got on the front foot. But it's another game we haven't won and it's clear to us all why we aren't winning and with the current striking personnel I don't honestly see us winning many games over the next few weeks. 

Agree.  I think the season is over.  Hope I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely fuming with that.

Supposedly doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Well, it’s also the sign of a stubborn old man.

Unbalanced, toothless and predictable.

Felt for the subs tonight. Far too late and only made once Millwall had shut up shop.

Gallagher cannot play in this system. At all. I don’t know if it’s through instruction or instinct, but he seems totally reluctant to get in scoring positions. Seems to hate playing facing their goal and looks scared to enter the penalty area.

Giles played so wide it neutralised Rankin-Costello and his one footedness was evident. Might have had some more joy on the other side.

Buckley started well, but another dreadful miss. Travis played well and Van Hecke was immense.

Our lack of goals is now absolutely fucking ridiculous. 

The only system Gallagher is suited for is beer league. Can’t win a header, can’t get into space, can’t control the ball. He does do a good job of tracking back, which is useless for a center forward. 

• Like 3