BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

Time for a change is an understatement. He should have gone months ago but due to owner's lack of football knowledge and, lets be honest with ourselves, they've not the slightest interest and it's up to Mowbray if he choses to go. 

Thought I'd read earlier this season that a member of Venky's would visit Ewood this season. Don't hold your breath.

• Like 2

Its not like we've not been here before and we all know how this turned out.

6 losses on the bounce starting now, a draw a win, a draw and a win, almost mirrors right now, but we never gave up.

21 March 1992 Charlton Athletic H 0–2 14,844  
28 March 1992 Barnsley A 1–2 13,346 Shearer
31 March 1992 Port Vale A 0–2 10,384  
11 April 1992 Watford A 1–2 10,552 Wegerle
14 April 1992 Wolverhampton Wanderers H 1–2 14,114 Sellars
18 April 1992 Leicester City H 0–1 18,075  
20 April 1992 Tranmere Rovers A 2–2 13,705  
25 April 1992 Millwall H 2–1 12,820 Newell, Atkins
29 April 1992 Sunderland H 2–2 15,079 Hendry, Sellars
2 May 1992 Plymouth Argyle A 3–1 17,459 Speedie (3)
Edited by Gav

22 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Realistically top 6 has gone. Some will  look at the table and think we still have a chance, but I think that's delusion. Why? 6 goals all year and 7 away games in a row without scoring. We're in relegation form. 

Time to turn attention to how we sort out the mess in the summer where 3 key players will be leaving and we won't get a penny for them. Not to mention the two loanees and main goalscorer going. A huge mess. 

Hoping we get a new manager in the summer and I think we will.  We're looking at a 2-3 year re-building job which I don't think TM will have the appetite for. 

Top 6 definitely hasn’t gone but it’s going to take a big effort. We can’t afford anything less than 2 points average per game. Yes 14 points may be enough given that teams at the top have to play each other whilst we only play one other.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely shocked and surprised at how we have blown the second half of the season with or without Brereton. IMO opinion the last minute postponement of the Hull game was the start. A game we would have won turned into a defeat when it was replayed. 

Speculating about Mowbray short or long term won’t make any difference. We know he can put out a winning team and just hope the players are still up for it.

First three months playing 4-3-3 we were a midtable team even with Diaz scoring for fun, because we were vulnerable at the back, which I felt was because our centre midfield is defensively weak: Travis does his best work off the ball so, if someone screws up, he’s not close enough to rectify, plus Rothwell I think is nigh on useless defensively.

So we went to five at the back which makes us very solid. Our great run I felt was fuelled by the combo of Buckley’s ability to make intelligent early through passes and Diaz’s ability to anticipate them plus his unsustainably high % conversion rate. Without Diaz’s early runs Buckley holds onto the ball and is much less effective, because Gallagher hasn’t the nous to anticipate his passes and make the right runs.

I always thought when we got to 2nd, that was a high water mark and clinging onto a top 6 place depended on avoiding injuries and loss of form, but we avoided neither. Today for me just summed up how fragile was our capability to compete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

right now? Not sure I see the benefit of sacking him right now cos I don't know who we would look to replace for a 7 game spell. I seen a few suggestions on twitter for Damien Johnson and David Dunn to be appoint until the end of the season. Would that be any better? I don't know tbh. 

I think we ought to be looking for a long term appointment - someone who might give us a hope of playoffs, but also someone who could take on the massive rebuilding job if we don’t. Johnson and all the rest of them would be out of the door too… a new man with his own staff.

I wouldn’t let Dunn anywhere near.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

6 losses on the bounce starting now, a draw a win, a draw and a win, almost mirrors right now, but we never gave up.

The difference between then and now is that the people running the club were actually trying to get us promoted. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Daniel Farke but Stoke will likely sign him long before Venkys realise there's an important decision to be made.

Yeah but its not because Venky's are slow on making important decisions. They are simply no where to be seen.

Prove me wrong Venkys.

Edited by Cherry Blue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who would you go and get?

We always get this question when things are going wrong, so…..

Can you give me a list of who is available and would be happy to come here?  Because if you can’t, How could anyone give you a name?

Edited by den
  • Like 2

i`ll most likely get shot down in flames but here goes🙄,id`e get tony pulis in,he plays no nonsense,basic football that gets results,the kind of manager who if you mentioned false nine,he`d  grab you by the throat and threaten you with the u23`s , i think he`s just the kind of manager we need at the moment,there would`nt be any of the insipid performances we`ve had recently either

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ll most likely get shot down in flames but here goes🙄,id`e get tony pulis in,he plays no nonsense,basic football that gets results,the kind of manager who if you mentioned false nine,he`d  grab you by the throat and threaten you with the u23`s , i think he`s just the kind of manager we need at the moment,there would`nt be any of the insipid performances we`ve had recently either

Anyone got a flame thrower going cheap?

Sorry sg, couldn’t resist 😀

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

I'll echo some of the comments in here. If there's one thing needed from a manager in this position its energy - TM looks like he sucks the life out of any room at the moment. We need a different voice in the dressing room, someone positive. It's such fine margins in the league that we genuinely do still have a chance of playoffs, get someone new in now with 2 weeks to bed in. Who knows where that might end.

My wife knows next to nothing about football but echoes your comments about Mowbray to a tee. 

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Jesus he's well known for falling out with owners over transfer funds, sure he'd get on well with Venkys 🤣

I mean I'd take him right now though purely cos I'm that brassed off anyone would do.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Yeah but its not because Venky's are slow on making important decisions. They are simply no where to be seen.

Prove me wrong Venkys.

I just meant the decision on TM's contract. They won't even know who Farke is. I reckon after 5 years they barely know who Mowbray is.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

You may get your wish. Pulis is repped by HSH Sports.

41 minutes ago, Gav said:

Not quite like for like. That was a bad but brief slump. Plus we had undoubted quality to turn it round.

This has been going on for three months and we have nowhere near the quality of player these days.

• Like 1