BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

In theory of course we should be in a brilliant position this summer, even if we miss out

- Stable ownership situation with people who pick up the tab every year of 8 figure losses

- Wage bill slashed right back last summer with more to come this

- FFP compliant having sold assets 

- Established the Championship, look like narrowly missing the play-offs

- 'Billionaire' owners who are keen to invest, prevented from doing so only be the FFP cycle which apparently re-sets

- Brilliant squad of young players that Mowbray has waxed lyrical about this season

- Productive academy.

Not many clubs in this league who has all the above and doesn't have to cut costs, sell players, wait for things to happen, adjust to a new division, deadwood to get rid of etc.

The be all and end all of our summer should be to recruit a better management team and then give them backing in the transfer market. Even that should be straightforward having been aware of Mowbray's contract situation for months and having had plenty of time to line things up if he's leaving. 

Then I woke up.

Strange thing, if they sell the proposition as you've written and actually follow it, they've half a chance of succceding.

Can you send your CV in?

Deserves a send off if he's going and deserves clarity over his position of that there shouldn't be any debate.

Sounds like he's saying if you want me to stay get me a contract sent over sharpish. Maybe he does have something else lined up or was trying to line something up a while back and they got wind of it ?

Result is them not speaking and him sulking, it might explain a few things as even for them it's odd if they like him so much. So is something else at play, is all not what it seems. I think it's fantasy land to think they are just letting him leave naturally because they've got something else lined up.

There's probably another squabble around the boardroom - sorry, i mean farmhouse table in Pune. 

Meanwhile Mr Grayson S is on emergency standby.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

On the whole TM has done a good job here and will be remembered as being a successful manager during his spell as Rovers manager. 

I do have sympathy that he's been shown a complete lack of respect by the owners by not even telling him they have no plans to renew his contract, however he's benefitted tremendously from Venkys being inept owners. He's pretty much had free reign at the club do appoint who he wanted at boardroom level and had a huge amount of control at the club. There's no way he would have survived some of the atrocious runs of form if we had owners who cared/had an ounce of football knowledge. 

I will be pleased to see him go as I think he's a very average championship manager. I do, however, think he's left the club in a fairly healthy position and it will be a role that many managers will be interested in. Farke or Dyche would be excellent appointments but I expect a promotion from within or someone like Alex Neill. 

Half a squad and no money to replace them is not 'a fairly healthy position'.

• Like 3

So after watching the BBC Radio Lancashire interview and reading Lancs Live interview it appears that Mowbray will walk away from Rovers at the end of the reason. He has been success for the club overall but he isn't good enough to get us to premier league or sustain a promotion run over a full season. He will go with my thanks, appreciation and praised for the job he has done and the rebuilding the football club he had to do after the Coyle's failure here. 

Thanks Mr Mowbray

What we need a statement from the club and the owners over the manager situation and the plan going forward from the summer onwards. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

All good suggestions although I know very little of Knutsen.

Carvalhal is being linked with Reading and is said to be keen on returning to England, which if true we should be all over.

Farke, Bilic, Jokanovic and Dyche would be expensive but attainable if the deal was right.

Farke wasn't on huge wages at Norwich from what I have read in the public domain. 

I'm truly petrified. Just when I had gotten used to Rovers being something like a steady (if unspectacular) club, we are faced with the grim realisation that the Pune Army are going to have to make another managerial appointment. 

Nothing is off the table now. No matter how ridiculous. The think tank will be throwing out all kinds of wacky ideas. My money's on a little Scottish prick called Steve Kane rocking up in a suspicious afro wig, fake moustache and glasses. 

Mowbray may not be to everyone's liking but the odds are we're likely to get a whole lot worse.

• Like 4

Biggest concern is it just feels like there is no plan from the owners at the moment to have a replacement lined up. 

The only thing I've seen is Waggot previously saying the manager situation will be discussed in the summer. Not really good enough, seems like Mowbray is done one way or the other and we should already have the feelers out as a minimum, on managerial targets.

And even though I want a change in manager, just not communicating with Mowbray is shoddy treatment by the owners. To be expected with this lot though.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, patrickvalery said:

I'm truly petrified. Just when I had gotten used to Rovers being something like a steady (if unspectacular) club, we are faced with the grim realisation that the Pune Army are going to have to make another managerial appointment. 

Nothing is off the table now. No matter how ridiculous. The think tank will be throwing out all kinds of wacky ideas. My money's on a little Scottish prick called Steve Kane rocking up in a suspicious afro wig, fake moustache and glasses. 

Mowbray may not be to everyone's liking but the odds are we're likely to get a whole lot worse.

Don't you mean Ken Éstavo?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, patrickvalery said:

Then let's reappoint bowyer because he did a better job than Mowbray 

• Like 1

The statue comment was from what I have seen from one poster being clearly sarcastic. 

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So after watching the BBC Radio Lancashire interview and reading Lancs Live interview it appears that Mowbray will walk away from Rovers at the end of the reason. He has been success for the club overall but he isn't good enough to get us to premier league or sustain a promotion run over a full season. He will go with my thanks, appreciation and praised for the job he has done and the rebuilding the football club he had to do after the Coyle's failure here. 

Thanks Mr Mowbray

What we need a statement from the club and the owners over the manager situation and the plan going forward from the summer onwards. 

Farke wasn't on huge wages at Norwich from what I have read in the public domain. 

Plan is a word that is alien to Venkys.

We dont need statements, we need actions. They supposedly made a statement last summer and it turned out to be a load of bollocks.

• Like 3

Don't forget, just because our season ends next week (90+% likely) Tony's doesn't for another 2 months.  There's still time for more monumental cock ups and ridiculous press releases.

As a side note, think about Tony's poor children who will see even less of him when he's an extra hour away from home at Stoke or West Brom.

As for a statue? Jesus Christ, if we are going on club achievements and progression, Tony Parkes should have one 10 times the size of Mowbrays's ego.

• Like 1

it`s definately the right time for him to **** off back to his beloved north east,i think he would have been resigned  last season if the stadium had`nt been empty,the crowd would`nt have stood for so many dreadful performances,it would have got right into his ego

i bear him no malice,an honest,decent fellow,just not a very good manager imo

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s definately the right time for him to **** off back to his beloved north east,i think he would have been resigned  last season if the stadium had`nt been empty,the crowd would`nt have stood for so many dreadful performances,it would have got right into his ego

i bear him no malice,an honest,decent fellow,just not a very good manager imo

Not a good manager - agree. 

Honest decent fellow? Hardly. Bar Kean has maligned the fans more. He's not a decent fellow. 

that said it's shambolic from the owners as well. Good to see we are still an all round basket case. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Plan is a word that is alien to Venkys.

We dont need statements, we need actions. They supposedly made a statement last summer and it turned out to be a load of bollocks.

The plan that will be action going forward for the summer in terms recruitment good and ambitious manager/head coach that will have a decent transfer/wage budget to spend in the summer and will keep bringing through our young players into the first team and that will see us challenging for promotion next season plus playing the football we seen against PNE which was good to watch and what I have been calling for weeks prior to the game.

Which bit of the statement was bollocks? 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, more signs of the continuing shit show of a club that a Venkys owned Rovers represents, so sad.

What is crazy is even recently, we have had numerous people defending them, some sucked in by made up plans, loads still think the club would die without them, the spotlight should be on them rather than the manager. 

Totally absent (their promised visit hasn't materialised) and totally disinterested, leaving a club that can never thrive under them. Anyone expecting an efficient look for a successor should Mowbray leave should think again.

Regarding Mowbray, it will be a natural time for a change assuming we finish just outside the top 6. That in itself would be a good season but of course the second half collapse has been very poor. That said, some of the things that have been said about him in recent weeks and months have definitely over stepped the mark, comparisons to Kean and Coyle, calling him a dickhead etc, he would leave having done what I would say is a decent job, nothing less, and I certainly would hold no bad feeling towards him, people have even questioned his application and commitment which again is totally baseless, I feel like he has tried his best and has been a safe pair of hands but that only takes you so far. He has been here for 5 and a half seasons and radio silence from India is not what he deserves.

Granted he's had some abuse on here that is over the top. He doesn't help himself though as his press conferences and such are usually all about himself, his most recent one being a prime example of that. However when he's totally fucked things up like having us miss out on the playoffs after being second in January then it's not about him. It's the players, the ref etc etc etc.

So in conclusion he's not totally terrible but he certainly is a dick head.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The plan that will be action going forward for the summer in terms recruitment good and ambitious manager/head coach that will have a decent transfer/wage budget to spend in the summer and will keep bringing through our young players into the first team and that will see us challenging for promotion next season plus playing the football we seen against PNE which was good to watch and what I have been calling for weeks prior to the game.

What?

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Easy this football lark, ain’t it!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If that's what you think will happen, you're in for a shock.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Don't understand why people are annoyed at the owners in this instance.

Mowbray himself has waxed lyrical about the owners.

He's been paid for 5 years of employment when in reality should have had a maximum of 2 years.

He should be thanking them.

I myself will admit I was sad by the interview, but it's good that he will leave for his own mental well-being and the wellbeing of the club.

That said we need a competent CEO and owners that care.

Exactly - he's benefited hugely from their absence. 

The fact it's now coming back to bite him on the arse is delicious. 

• Like 3