BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A fair point. That is a toughie.

Ah, ok. Thanks for that. I knew McKinlay had been linked at some point, but not the timeline or how it occurred.

But Tim Sherwood is a former Rovers hero, in some peoples eyes anyway, and knowing the Chicken Chokers as we do - Hughes or Sherwood ? Which one would cost the least ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t think many if any could complain about farke, although probably wouldn’t be my dream appointment I really couldn’t grumble and with the names at the top of the betting he is who I would choose. 
I was actually pleased with lambert at the time, it didn’t work out but I can’t say that they have never shown ambition before. 

still hearing whispers of di matteo being in the mix personally 

Who would be your dream appointment? 

Roberto Di Matteo? from your sources at Rovers?

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

But so is Tim Sherwood, in some peoples eyes anyway, and knowing the Chicken Chokers as we do - Hughes or Sherwood ? Which one would cost the least ?

I am maybe blinded slightly but I wouldn’t be devastated at a Hughes return , some folk are just suited to a team and I felt we were a good fit 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

McKinley was actually approached before berg I think. They were about to appoint him before there was a big fan backlash. They talked about shearer Sherwood but instead opted for berg which didn't work out

Wasn't Shearer recommended by Sir Kenny Dalglish to Shebby? 

The only reason we need to conduct 6 interviews is if we’re using the other 5 as character references for Farke.

Get it done Venky’s and get it done quick!

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

still hearing whispers of di matteo being in the mix personally 

Well he’s taken over a Tony Mowbray team before and got them promoted. Surprising he’s been out of management for 6 years though.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who would be your dream appointment? 

Roberto Di Matteo? from your sources at Rovers?

Yea there has been agent contact. doesn’t mean he is nailed on or anything just that he is interested 

Stam another who wants a return.

dream appointment other than pie in the sky stuff?

probably slavan bilic 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea there has been agent contact. doesn’t mean he is nailed on or anything just that he is interested 

Stam another who wants a return.

dream appointment other than pie in the sky stuff?

probably slavan bilic 

Thanks for the reply

RDM hasn't been manager for nearly 6 years and I think that's too far out of management for me. 

Not keen on Cocu or Stam. 

Think Ainsworth or Farke would be the right and ideal appointment for me 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I can’t recall which manager lost his job, but Benitez was sounded out to replace him, but it never got past budget stage.

They also tried to sign Raul from Real Madrid, that did have legs, but never happened as we know.

Yes I’m trying to give everyone hope, but we all know how this ends.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Definitely waiting for Sharpe to dismiss all the good rumours soon.

Sharpe’s just awaiting the call from Waggott

I still have deep concerns here. 

I don't doubt that somewhere along the chain of command there is a desire to resolve this quickly. To not want to would be an act of self-destruction given the short summer and work that has to be done.

There can be no excuse for not moving quickly with this. Mowbray's contract situation has been known to all since it was signed, this isn't something forced upon us by a rival club coming in or a results determined departure.

I also don't doubt that managers such as Farke, Stam, Di Matteo and many others will have an interest in coming here. Provided the sums add up its a no brainer for an out of work coach who will get a Championship job at best.

But who is doing the interviewing, how much are we able to offer, how quickly can we get an appointment done, and whether these decent options will set around waiting for us to get our act together is another story.

There's a good reason Kean, Bowyer and Mowbray travelled to India every summer, which is why they survived years, whilst Berg, Appleton, Lambert and Coyle didn't go to India and lasted months. If this is being run by non-India forces I am worried it won't get done or if it does it just won't last.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

The only reason we need to conduct 6 interviews is if we’re using the other 5 as character references for Farke.

Get it done Venky’s and get it done quick!

Yes, I tweeted those sentiments to Mr Nixon a little earlier.

He replied that we needed to see what the others were like at interview.

What a load of crap. 

“Sorry Daniel , but some bloke just potted by Lincoln has better interview techniques, so we’ve offered him the job”!

• Like 6

The Lancashire Telegraph is clearly lacking when it comes to breaking stories, but what will there be to report regarding a new manager? The current one hasn't even been officially announced as leaving, its hardly as if a series of potential candidates will have been interviewed.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nice to see our local paper the telegraph report **** all about our new manager search ,they are quick to write basically a managerial obituary for mowbray though,can`t think of a more useless newspaper anywhere

I'm a regular critic of the LT but in fairness to them Mowbray hasn't even had a conversation about him leaving with the club so how are any reporters supposed to know anything at all? 

Nixon will know bugger all and the guy who was on about Di Matteo comes out of the woodwork every time there is a transfer window spouting nonsense. (Assombalona I know) 

It's gonna be a bumpy ride and I'd bet my bottom dollar that it's another 3 or 4 weeks before the interview process even begins. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I tweeted those sentiments to Mr Nixon a little earlier.

He replied that we needed to see what the others were like at interview.

What a load of crap. 

“Sorry Daniel , but some bloke just potted by Lincoln has better interview techniques, so we’ve offered him the job”!

Or, sorry Daniel, Ainsworth’s power point presentation was much slicker than yours, he’s got the job. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Or, sorry Daniel, Ainsworth’s power point presentation was much slicker than yours, he’s got the job. 

I would still be happy with Ainsworth, but we all know that Venkys are likely to pull a donkey out of the hat!

Decide who you want and go after that candidate.

If that doesn’t come off, move to your second choice, and so on.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Available managers that I'd drive here myself. Some because they're great, some because they'd be a relatively safe pair of hands in VenkyWorld.

Farke, Dyche, Low, Zidane, Lasarte, Santo, Favre, Bielsa, Villas-Boas, Allardyce, Wagner, DiMatteo, Monk, Blanc, DeBoer, Fonseca, VanBommel.

Rovers Chat live stream at 8:30pm this evening with new Lancs Live reporter Elliott Jackson. Going over all the candidates and profiling each manager. Be sure to join in the conversation when things get underway this evening 🙂

125517707_SkyBetOddsLatest.thumb.png.7e64846a3b834c39ebd910b30c2e630c.png439968044_PhillipCocu.thumb.png.8f049b08f457370c95b557bee22c2f51.png