BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

43 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He must be at least 37 now. How about his final season a promotion with Wycombe and then he comes in with Gaz as gallys personal trainer. Twelve months later we ave our own beast 💪🏻💪🏻

He's 40 and retiring this year.

Judging by his cameo last night he'd struggle to get in my weekly Weds night game - he can barely move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I reckon Dyche will end up at Watford.

It's about 60 miles from where he lives, he used to both play for them and manage them, he'd have a decent chance of an instant promotion back to the Premier League. 

The only drawback there is he was managing Watford before and got fired. I could possibly see him going to Everton if they go down.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only drawback there is he was managing Watford before and got fired. I could possibly see him going to Everton if they go down.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since he was sacked though - and he's been very successful since he left. They've had 16 separate appointments including caretakers since he left!! Only Zola and Gracia managed longer spells that Dyche's 49 games in charge. You'd definitely think Everton would be a better option if they did go down though. He's needed a step up from Burnley for awhile, and clubs like Everton have thought they were above him unfortunately for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since he was sacked though - and he's been very successful since he left. They've had 16 separate appointments including caretakers since he left!! Only Zola and Gracia managed longer spells that Dyche's 49 games in charge. You'd definitely think Everton would be a better option if they did go down though. He's needed a step up from Burnley for awhile, and clubs like Everton have thought they were above him unfortunately for him.

If Everton do go down, as they well might, they’d need someone with previous experience of promotion.

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is a plain stupid comment.

You miss the point completely.

We yearn for a well run club run by honest people and for players who wear the shirts with pride and always give 100 percent.

And I don’t? Simply because I’m not going to jack it in if someone like Woodgate takes over?

Expecting / wanting the club to improve whilst simultaneously taking my voice / money out? They aren’t compatible in my view. 

• Like 1

So Elliott Jackson's says that a manager out of work would prefer a premier league job (of which there is none) than a championship one. Is he Rich Sharpe's brother?

It's a ridiculous rollercoaster following Rovers. Even just for what should be standard things like trying to get the best manager we can. 

Farke announced at the weekend, we're on a high.

Farke isn't coming and we're shopping in the bargain bin, we're back down.

• Like 1

Dyche would be perfect for Everton they need to go back to the Moyes days they were quite direct under him.

Their club needs rebuilding inside out but like Newcastle and one or two others they think they should be playing fantastic football and are entitled to world renowned managers and center forwards.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Dyche would be perfect for Everton they need to go back to the Moyes days they were quite direct under him.

Their club needs rebuilding inside out but like Newcastle and one or two others they think they should be playing fantastic football and are entitled to world renowned managers and center forwards.

Plus Koeman and Ancelotti didn't exactly do a great job there and ended up at Barcelona and Real Madrid. Maybe Dyche can use Everton as a stepping stone to getting in the dugout at El Classico.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's a ridiculous rollercoaster following Rovers. Even just for what should be standard things like trying to get the best manager we can. 

Farke announced at the weekend, we're on a high.

Farke isn't coming and we're shopping in the bargain bin, we're back down.

Not even that, standard things like actually confirming the present incumbent is actually going a full week after he announced he was…

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Plus Koeman and Ancelotti didn't exactly do a great job there and ended up at Barcelona and Real Madrid. Maybe Dyche can use Everton as a stepping stone to getting in the dugout at El Classico.

Neither of those managers run up and down the line either, which seems to be a pre-requisite for our job in some quarters. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Neither of those managers run up and down the line either, which seems to be a pre-requisite for our job in some quarters. 

I've no idea why people complain about people complaining about a lack of enthusiasm when the results aren't good enough in the first place!

2 hours ago, Gav said:

When you look at what Mowbray achieved for part of this season with a team made up of academy graduates and loan signings, it will be absolutely criminal if they appoint a new man and provide significant funding. 

If that does happen I’m joining the conspiracy theory side, that our decline was orchestrated and keeping us down is the ultimate goal here, stifle any progression. 

So IF (long way off) they make a top class appointment and provide in your words "significant funding" that's somehow a machiavellian plot to stifle any progression?

Does not compute.

• Like 1

One thing the 'local' media are good at doing is putting the dampener on expectations and hopes of ambition.

Why?

Well that's the easy part - poo poo suggestions and possibilities, particularly those that are likely to be bold, ambitious, expensive ones, but at the same time leave it open ended with 'not currently' 'expected' etc. to allow for backtracking or to cover if by some chance it does happen. Hardly need a textbook on Rovers' recent history to predict that a decent manager won't come here because they usually don't.

Quite an accomplishment here to smash expectations to smithereens so much that an unemployed bloke recently sacked after a horror run at Norwich is seen as unattainable. Reality is if we got our act together and sorted ourselves out this is probably the best club and level he is going to get.

Of course the local media won't come with any actual news or information because they don't have any and actually putting something out there is the hard part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

One thing the 'local' media are good at doing is putting the dampener on expectations and hopes of ambition.

Why?

Well that's the easy part - poo poo suggestions and possibilities, particularly those that are likely to be bold, ambitious, expensive ones, but at the same time leave it open ended with 'not currently' 'expected' etc. to allow for backtracking or to cover if by some chance it does happen. Hardly need a textbook on Rovers' recent history to predict that a decent manager won't come here because they usually don't.

Quite an accomplishment here to smash expectations to smithereens so much that an unemployed bloke recently sacked after a horror run at Norwich is seen as unattainable. Reality is if we got our act together and sorted ourselves out this is probably the best club and level he is going to get.

Of course the local media won't come with any actual news or information because they don't have any and actually putting something out there is the hard part.

It's cos they have no clue, and if in reality they spoke a bad word about Mowbray/Rovers they'd lose access.

It's all a bit pathetic really

I think Mowbray is playing the Venky game here.

Quite obvious he and others have been kept in the dark by India for some time. Quite obvious what happens if he doesn't renew his contract very soon. Goes without saying that unless they do something at their end he's not going to be here. All the rest of the talk is just pointless. The assumption would be that they are fed up with him, planning on a change and have held talks with alternatives, because that is what responsible club owners would do.

But here it is more likely, on balance, that India don't have any such plan, that they aren't remotely interested in Mowbray's contract situation and will only deal with such things at a time that suits them.

So I imagine the latest performance from Mowbray is just a public reminder to the owners that unless they move to get this sorted then inevitably he will be off and they will have to find someone else to do it.

If I was betting on this I'd expect a couple of weeks of silence after the Birmingham game with Mowbray going on holiday and then at some stage after that, once they've blown any window of opportunity to get a decent new manager in, that Mowbray is announced signing a new deal to stay on, some sort of 'statement' from the owners and maybe even a half decent transfer kitty in an effort to persuade him to stay.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I reckon Dyche will end up at Watford.

It's about 60 miles from where he lives, he used to both play for them and manage them, he'd have a decent chance of an instant promotion back to the Premier League. 

Dyche looks an obvious candidate for them - though he might be wary of their hire and fire policy every 6 months or so

My bet though is he'll wait to see what happens at Everton and Leeds - if either of them go down with his track record they might well look to him to get them back up

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yeah not sure on this new Lancs Live journalist, seems to not respond to fans and spouts out more shite than previous Lancs Live journalists.

I don’t think he has an obligation to respond to fan questions. Judging by the responses to him tweeting his article out today, I wouldn’t want to respond to the kind of people who reply as rudely as some on there.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've no idea why people complain about people complaining about a lack of enthusiasm when the results aren't good enough in the first place!

I think it must be because it’s a perceived lack of effort to change things when they’re going badly.

I don’t care either tbh, if we were winning games, it wouldn’t even be mentioned.