BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

23 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Mowbray is contracted till end of June, what worries me about the venkys is that they might think that they don't need a new manager in place until then. 

They won't need a replacement if he signs a new contract!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ainsworths Wycombe remind me of 90s Wimbledon the crazy gang. I just don’t think that style will work here 

Are you saying he couldn't play a better style with the millions Mogadon has pissed up the wall?  He's working on a proper shoestring.

Bit disrespectful 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why you interview people and asked them about their plans going forward including the style of play he would bring and would it suit the squad, transfer and wage budget, backroom staff changes, Would they keep bringing through academy players, etc. I have said I would interview Ainsworth and see what happens there. 

Yes I am aware of those facts about age, possession and passes. Maybe that why he played that way cos of those reasons. 

Doesn't matter, Suhail knows nothing about football.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I’d love Sparky, but I get a slightly anxious feeling that it will end up like when we have a few players come back after a great first spell. Roque and Bentley spring to mind(of course there have been players that have done well second spell..). Sometimes it feels like it slightly tarnishes the good memories of them? 

I feel the same. When Bentley left after his second spell in 2013-ish, he said "it's not the same club anymore" and he mentioned how things felt different. He wasn't wrong, as we know. I'm sure I heard Duffer say similar on a podcast a couple of years ago, about the club not being the same now and it being sad to see where we are these days.

I feel uneasy at the thought of bringing back any former favourites to come and work for this shambles of an operation. It would possibly tarnish good memories of them a bit if they came back and didn't do well, even though a lot of the blame would lie with those above the manager. That's if the club 'structure' remained as it is now, with no football knowhow behind the scenes.

Last time Hughes was here he had the support of John Williams. They were both on the same page, both wanted the club to do well. Williams would try his best to make some funds available when possible, even though we couldn't go too far. Who would Hughes have today, backing him in the boardroom and beyond, genuinely?

The people back there now have no idea what's going on, no idea what to communicate to the manager, no idea about good footballing decisions. Hughes would be on to a loser, IMO, even though we love the job he did here before.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Are you saying he couldn't play a better style with the millions Mogadon has pissed up the wall?  He's working on a proper shoestring.

Bit disrespectful 

He might well do, but it also might just be his style ala allardyce , I think it’s too big a risk to find out. As Iv said before this appointment might well be the biggest in the clubs history , it’s a real make or break moment , get it wrong and the fans will just never return and we will slowly tumble down the leagues , we need some kind of name to get fans returning. Ainsworth just isn’t it for me 

18 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He might well do, but it also might just be his style ala allardyce , I think it’s too big a risk to find out. As Iv said before this appointment might well be the biggest in the clubs history , it’s a real make or break moment , get it wrong and the fans will just never return and we will slowly tumble down the leagues , we need some kind of name to get fans returning. Ainsworth just isn’t it for me 

I think Gareth and his vibrant attitude and from Blackburn is exactly what might galvanise fans... or you could have Pulis I suppose 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think Gareth and his vibrant attitude and from Blackburn is exactly what might galvanise fans... or you could have Pulis I suppose 

I’m not one that puts any emphasis on being a blackburn lad, successful and able to bring in players to excite the fans as all i care about. 

25 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I agree that it's a big risk. Equally, I don't know what else he could have possibly done at a club of that size to show that he deserves a shot at something bigger and better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

What worries me is having to "schedule a phone call".

I've got a hunch.

Venkys think they can persuade Mowbray to stay. They only learned about Mowbray's comments recently. Suhail/Waggott didn't want to let the owners know until we had nothing to play for.

Media speculation of shortlists and Farke will barely go as far as Waggott's desk.

In short, everything we've read/heard is totally parallel to what is really happening - nothing.

Honestly, the club's communication is totally stunted because they can't say anything until the owners decide what they want to do. And I seriously think they are collecting themselves as to what to do in light of Mowbray's "I'm leaving" comments.

This ! 

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m not one that puts any emphasis on being a blackburn lad, successful and able to bring in players to excite the fans as all i care about. 

as long as we win games im`e not bothered about the excitement,would be nice but winning comes first,those wycombe lads love playing for him you can tell,whether he can galvanise better players to the sort of commitment they showed tonight is a risk,but i think it`s a risk worth taking,ainsworth himself comes across as charasmatic and full of enthuisasm,it`s what we need imo

• Like 1

Not against ainsworth. I just think it's not the right time to be taking a risk on a lower league manager.  We need someone proven in this league or higher.  Farke Is the obvious choice.  We can't afford to have another 5 years of a manager building something.  We need to get back to the epl and the only way that will happen is with someone who has the credentials to get out of this league.  Will we appoint that manager? I doubt it

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good on Speedie. Compared to the idiots like Gallagher who think we should be going cap in hand to Mowbray.

When KG Tweeted that I replied with "get him out the door as soon as possible" I got 1 👍, I reckon the majority of the fan base would have him back in a heartbeat, sad to say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

When KG Tweeted that I replied with "get him out the door as soon as possible" I got 1 👍, I reckon the majority of the fan base would have him back in a heartbeat, sad to say.

Probably from Gallagher.  Hes a sycophantic.  Arse licks till his tongue is brown 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as long as we win games im`e not bothered about the excitement,would be nice but winning comes first,those wycombe lads love playing for him you can tell,whether he can galvanise better players to the sort of commitment they showed tonight is a risk,but i think it`s a risk worth taking,ainsworth himself comes across as charasmatic and full of enthuisasm,it`s what we need imo

Fair enough, I can see why some fans would want him and listen if he comes in then he will get my backing, he isn’t mowbray so il be happy. Just opinions but he wouldn’t be my number 1

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Probably from Gallagher.  Hes a sycophantic.  Arse licks till his tongue is brown i

It wasn't, obviously as I was countering what he was suggesting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'm with you on BBD.  It's the old rovers dilemma.  I've no doubt Forest have a decent sell on clause so given what we paid for him, we may not come out with much.  

On the plus side I don't believe there is any sell on clause in Brereton's contract. On the downside, given he currently only has 12 months to go (at best) our hand may be forced.

8 hours ago, dallydally said:

They won't need a replacement if he signs a new contract!

Reading through his interviews recently he will be hard pressed to find a new job that is:

A team pressing for promotion to the Prem ,with a heathy budget, and will wait 5 years to achieve it , that is

Half an hour from his home

Lets him only work school hours so he can take the kids to school

Weekends off so he can take his lad to footy

• Like 3

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

End of June, but he said this was last game here. 

He did, but also went on to say ( when asked if there was anyway he could be persuaded to stay ) -   never say never, blah, blah, more funds, changes to the way things run etc etc. Usual mixed messages from TM, leaving the door ajar just in case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Fair enough, I can see why some fans would want him and listen if he comes in then he will get my backing, he isn’t mowbray so il be happy. Just opinions but he wouldn’t be my number 1

I understand the logic and we could with a bit of passion but I have become  rather wary of people who appear to be good blokes,  enthusiastic, and have an alternative hairstyle. 🤔