BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This is the kind of negative thinking that allows our manager to say we can't possibly hope to compete with the likes of Middlesbrough, Sheffield United or any club on PL parachute payments and remind us that it's not 1994 anymore. 

We're constantly told the Rao family have more money than sense - they've written off £200m so far and show no signs of buggering off. SOMEONE needs to get in their ear and inform them that a quality managerial appointment will make 95% of their problems with Blackburn Rovers go away. 

I keep repeating myself, but it's a dream job for an experienced manager with a plan. You literally get to shape the entire set up (as there simply isn't any infrastructure). For me you shoot for the moon with Farke and Dyche. If those both fail you go with Ainsworth. 

I agree with this, I really think whilst we should have a shortlist per se, actually we should see who fancies this gig and the club could potentially get a nice surprise.

A tip to any manager coming in is to never mention 1994 and think the fans still expect that, it really does offend supporters!

• Like 1

I think the Rovers manager/head coach job is a very attractive job for most good to decent managers/head coach out there. 

The things that's makes this manager/head coach job is a very attractive are we have a great academy that is producing players for the first team, you are allow time to build a team and allow to the football side of club, hopefully a decent squad there and could be good ones if the right signings are made where promotion can happen, hopefully a decent football transfer and wage budget. 

I am hopefully a good appointment can be made for the manager/head coach job. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This club SHOULD see decent managers queuing up.

Are you happy with the 4 names you have seen linked with the job in Farke, Carvalhal, Ainsworth and Hughton?

I think more than enough good/decent managers/head coaches will be interesting and want the job

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I wouldn't trust any of Sharpe, Nixon or Rovers into admitting/knowing when the recruitment process was starting.

Rovers are bound to claim they've only just started recruiting.

It's like your divorce becomes messier when your wife realises you were recruiting her replacement before you split up.

If only I, had realised !

3 hours ago, Lucimo said:

Well Rob Edwards definitely can be scrapped. Done the dirty on FGR by all accounts. Negotiating with Watford behind his chairman's back. 

The BBC reporting that he's signed a contract for the 2022-23 season.

Someone in the comments said it should have read: 

20:22 - 20:23

• Like 8

This is the most important hire the owners will make. They cannot be happy with the last 10 years, or the money sucked away from them.  They’ve seen the result of 10 years of stinking thinking. Hire a great football man, get that bounce, a one time trip up to PL gets them much of their money back- not to mention the resulting gate increase. 

Teams in the 2nd division have made big hires. King Kenny comes to mind. Rafa Benitez was appointed by Newcastle when they were down. there’s no reason not to expect a “name” manager to come in, if the club pursues the right man, and throw enough cash his way. 

• Like 1

The Sky betting on Duncan Ferguson is worthless. He will never voluntarily leave Everton. And we wouldn't want him anyway - he's a hothead who doesn't have the nous to be a manager. 

This is going to be fun for the next 10 weeks while Venky's decide what to do

Watford appointed their new man today - that's the way to do it. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they might have appointed a new head coach for next season but deffo not the way they have done it

"Deffo" no room for sentiment or politeness in football.

They identified their man and went out and got him before others did

Exhibit A: United and Roy Keane

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Are you happy with the 4 names you have seen linked with the job in Farke, Carvalhal, Ainsworth and Hughton?

I think more than enough good/decent managers/head coaches will be interesting and want the job

I'd be delighted with Farke, very pleased with Carvahal, optimistic/satisfied with Hughton and underwhelmed but optimistic with Ainsworth.

I don't think any of them will get it. Both because they would cost too much, don't have what our lot are looking for and even if we got them around a table they'd probably run a mile after listening to Waggott and Pasha.

My bet is on Liam Manning but think he will be the very best we get. Hope I am wrong because mess this one up and League One will be on the horizon again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

@Mercerrecommend me a bottle of fine red to celebrate please my man!

Pago De Sangara Crianza available from Booths is excellent for a wine sub £20.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, cesus said:

A tip to any manager coming in is to never mention 1994 and think the fans still expect that, it really does offend supporters!

Absolutely - finishing in 2nd in the Prem is unacceptable, I expect us to win it like in 1995 😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

"Deffo" no room for sentiment or politeness in football.

They identified their man and went out and got him before others did

Exhibit A: United and Roy Keane

You do it the right way not the way Watford have. You should approach the club first and agree terms first 

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd be delighted with Farke, very pleased with Carvahal, optimistic/satisfied with Hughton and underwhelmed but optimistic with Ainsworth.

I don't think any of them will get it. Both because they would cost too much, don't have what our lot are looking for and even if we got them around a table they'd probably run a mile after listening to Waggott and Pasha.

My bet is on Liam Manning but think he will be the very best we get. Hope I am wrong because mess this one up and League One will be on the horizon again.

I want Farke. He is the right man to take us forward. 

I think Rovers will appoint DoF in the few days(based on my opinion and couple of other things) then bring in head coach who I would want Daniel Farke. 

I can understand your comment on Liam Manning but I think he is off to QPR imo. 

I agree with your last comment if we make the wrong appointment then it could be league 1. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Pago De Sangara Crianza available from Booths is excellent for a wine sub £20.

Who are backing to replace Mowbray? 

I backed Daniel Farke and got good odds on him. 

53 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We are also in the fortunate position of having sold Armstrong last summer and have Brereton this to cash in on to fund our overhaul.

The owners might decide to trouser the proceeds and go cheap and cheerful again which is more likely than not, but if they did wake up and do the right thing then we have plenty to offer.

Surely a poster like you knows better than this? The Armstrong money is already gone into the black hole to cover losses. Similar awaits most of the Brereton money if we do sell him. The report the other day was that we want 15 million for him and that only a small portion will be available for reinvestment.

I'm not even sure it's being 'trousered', that's one for the accountants to opine on, but we really don't make a lot of money and have had consistently huge losses for a decade.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You do it the right way not the way Watford have. You should approach the club first and agree terms first 

Yeah ok, just like Rovers did with Roy Keane

Doesn't work that way in the hard world of football. Most clubs tap a manager or player first. Watford just got found out 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the Rovers manager/head coach job is a very attractive job for most good to decent managers/head coach out there. 

The things that's makes this manager/head coach job is a very attractive are we have a great academy that is producing players for the first team, you are allow time to build a team and allow to the football side of club, hopefully a decent squad there and could be good ones if the right signings are made where promotion can happen, hopefully a decent football transfer and wage budget. 

I am hopefully a good appointment can be made for the manager/head coach job. 

Lots of drawbacks too. Key players leaving on free transfers, our sole goal threat about to be sold due to his contract with very little guarantee of any money to put back in, a precedent of 8th which will be very difficult to match without any money, owners who are absent yet still want to sign things off causing massive delays, a yearly summoning to India.

All that being said, as a mid table Championship side for 4 years I am sure we will get some decent interest parties. One thing Venkys don't do well is actually appointing any of them.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Duncan Ferguson is now 4/1 now on Sky Bet

Farke and Ainsworth still the favourites

I'd rather ask for Mowbray back than take Ferguson.

• Like 3

Disappointed we didn't end up with Alex Neil, I would have potted Mowbray for him long ago. When you look around at other managers in this league that have done a better job than Mowbray on a lesser budget then he's arguably top of the list. Add the fact that he's also had a some fairly recent promotions, knows what it takes to get out of this league, got plenty of years ahead of him, knows the area and gets the best out of what he's got. Would have been a sensible appointment in my view. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The club say the recruitment process for appointing a new manager will now begin.

As in just now.. soon...

No 6 man short list as we all knew.

If they've genuinely done nothing to date, it's borderline criminal.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The club say the recruitment process for appointing a new manager will now begin.

As in just now.. soon...

No 6 man short list as we all knew.

Have they just realised his contract has ended and he’s left?

Sounds like it.

Reading this topic is like watching that House Of Games TV show where contestants are invited to select their prize before they've even played the game and won something.  What's the point?  Our prize on offer, according to the hopes and wishes expressed on here, is to choose between Farke & Dyche. What's the point even discussing it, they aren't coming. How do we know this? Because they are such big fish to land that if they'd shown ANY interest at all they'd be here already.  We're  'interviewing'. What does that tell you?

Venkys and the Ewood hierarchy have zero idea as to how these things should be handled. The new guy should have been waiting in the wings to be announced the moment TM was out the door. They'd be here today now that TM's gone, but they're not, and the suits are stood around scratching their arses. This tells us that not only will we end up with a bargain basement wannabe or has-been but also that he'll be appointed the week before the season starts.

How many pre seasons have been screwed up because newly purchased players weren't through the door early enough? How many injuries do we suffer because players don't get a good pre season in?

This has 'lash up' written all over it. AGAIN!

Prepare yourselves for a painful eternity of waiting and then welcome on board some guy from a division/s below.

How exciting 🙂

• Like 4